Lorient South Brittany Airport
|Lorient South Brittany Airport
Aéroport de Lorient Bretagne Sud
|IATA: LRT – ICAO: LFRH|
|Airport type||Joint Mil-Civ airfield|
|Operator||Morbihan Chamber of Commerce and Industry; Fleet Air Arm|
|Elevation AMSL||160 ft / 49 m|
The Brittany region within France
Lorient South Brittany Airport or Aéroport de Lorient Bretagne Sud (IATA: LRT, ICAO: LFRH), also known as Lorient-Lann-Bihoué Airport, is the airport serving the city of Lorient. It is situated 5 km west-northwest of Lorient, a commune of the Morbihan département in the Brittany region of France.
Airlines and destinations
operated by HOP!
Seasonal: Southampton (begins 10 July 2015) 
|Ryanair||Porto (begins 4 April 2015)|
It is also known as Base Aéronavale de Lann Bihoué and is one of the French Navy bases, currently hosting:
- Two combat flotillas (11F, 17F) equipped with Dassault-Breguet Super Étendard aircraft, suitable to fly naval and land combat and recce missions and nuclear deterrence missions
- One interception flotilla (12F) equipped with Dassault Rafale F1 aircraft, assuring air superiority
- One airborne radar flotilla (4F) equipped with Grumman E-2C Hawkeye aircraft, to secure the skies over the fleet and to control air-traffic
- One training/mission preparation unit
These units also form the airwing which is assigned to the aircraft carrier "Charles de Gaulle".
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 8 Jan 2015. (
- Lorient South Brittany Airport (official site)
- "RYANAIR: Lorient - Porto, new route between Brittany and Portugal (in French)".
- Base Aeronavale Lann Bihoue
- Lorient South Brittany Airport (official site) (English)
- Aéroport de Lorient-Bretagne Sud (Union des Aéroports Français) (French)
- Airport information for LFRH at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Accident history for Lorient-Lann Bihoué Airport (LRT) at Aviation Safety Network
|This French airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|