|Elevation||38 m (125 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Madhira (Telugu: మధిర) is a major city council(Nagara Panchayathi) in Khammam district of Telangana state, India, formerly part of the Kakatiya dynasty. It is well connected by train and bus with cities like Khammam and Vijayawada.
Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka from Indian National Congress was elected as MLA from Madhira constituency in 2009 and 2014 Assembly Elections (Current)and also served as a Chief VIP of the Government of Andhra Pradesh, Deputy Speaker of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
Festivals like Shivaratri attract people all around the mandal with its colorful fair. Lord Shiva temple situated near the bank of the Wyra River, Ramalayam temple and Vasavi Kanyaka Parameswari temples are the major attractions. The Lord Shiva temple is known for its architectural similarity with Varanasi having river/water in the front and a grave yard on its right.
The major source of revenue is business(Market Yard, Varthakasangam) and agriculture (Rice, Chilies, Cotton). No other significant developments were made by any ruling Governments in this town like its counterparts Bhadrachalam, Kothagudem and Palwancha after the British Rule except the fly over in the middle of the city.
Madira is located at  It has an average elevation of 38 metres (127 ft)..
Villages in Madira Mandal
27 gramapanchyats and 7 hamlet villages are covered under madira mandal. The number of villages under madira mandal are 34.
Mandals in Madhira Assembly constituency
- SVR College Of Education (B.Ed).
- Susheela Memorial B.Ed College.
- SVR College Of Education (D.Ed)
- Govt Degree College.
- Seelam Pulla Reddy Memorial Degree College.
- Sreenidhi Degree College
- Susheela Memorial Degree College.
- Modern Degree College.
- Govt Junior College.
- SreeNidhi Junior College.
- Bharath Junior College.
- Modern Junior College.
- Viswakavi Junior College.
- Susheela Memorial Junior College.
- Govt Polytechnic College.
- Nagendhra ITI College
- Sri Kavitha Institute Of Science And Technology
- govt.agricultural polytechnic college
- Sree Kalyana Venkataeswara swamy temple (Varthaka Sangam)
- RCM Church
- Sri Laxmi Srinivasa Theatre.
- Shanthi Theater.
- Vasavi Theater.
- Hotel Navayuga (A/C) Restaurant&Lodge
- Hotel Shivaji
- Charan Tej Restaurant(AC)
- Krishna Restaurant(Dhaba)
- Hotel Annapurna
- Agricultural Research Institute