Makes No Difference
|"Makes No Difference"|
|Single by Sum 41|
|from the album Half Hour Of Power|
|Released||June 12, 2000|
|Genre||Pop punk, skate punk|
|Sum 41 singles chronology|
"Makes No Difference" is a song recorded by Canadian punk rock band Sum 41. It was released in June 2000 as the lead single from the band's EP Half Hour of Power. The song is featured on the soundtracks for Bring it On, Out Cold and Van Wilder. A new version of the song was featured on Sum 41's greatest hits compilation, All the Good Shit.
Larry Flick, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that it "neatly walks a line between polished modern rock and a clever turn at accessible adult top 40, charged up with grimacing guitars and a pace frantic enough to shake the perm loose from the intended audience's girlfriends."
There are two different music videos of this song.
The music video is a very large teenage party that Sum 41 is hosting, where a lot of destruction is done to the house as the night goes on, including a car being driven into the house, and features Deryck Whibley with black hair. At one point rapper DMX makes a cameo appearance on an ATV. The other video contains miscellaneous clips of them performing, and features Deryck Whibley with blonde hair.
Appearances in other media
- A cover version of the song by Vinn Lombardo is featured in the 2006 Nintendo DS video game Elite Beat Agents.
- The song plays during the credits of Dragon Ball Z: Bardock - The Father of Goku.
- The song is featured in EA Sports' NHL 2002 and Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2.
- The song is featured on MuchMusic's Big Shiny Tunes 5 compilation album.
- The song also appears in the films Summer Catch, Out Cold and Van Wilder.
- The song is also featured in the 2000 film Bring It On.
- The song plays during the closing credits of Season 5 Episode 2 ("Sappy Anniversary") of the MTV animated series Daria.
- "Makes No Difference"
- "Makes No Difference"
|Billboard Modern Rock Tracks||32|
|Canadian RPM Rock/Alternative Chart||26|
- Billboard, July 8, 2000 - Vol. 112, No. 28, Page 23.
- Sum 41 Album & Song Chart History - Alternative Songs. Billboard.com. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Rock/Alternative - Rock/Alternative - Volume 71, No. 19, September 11, 2000". RPM. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- "Makes No Difference" music video (original version) at YouTube
- Full lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
|This punk song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|