Marco Carta, Sanremo 2009
|Born||21 May 1985|
|Labels||Warner Music Italy, Warner Music Spain|
- 1 Biography and career
- 2 Music
- 3 Awards
- 4 Discography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Biography and career
Early life and victory to "Amici"
In 2007, he participated as a singer in the talent show Amici di Maria De Filippi. On 16 April 2008, he won the competition with 75% of the public vote, winning €300,000 and a contract with Warner Music Italy. Since winning, he has appeared on many television programs, such as the Wind Music Awards and the Partita del Cuore 2008.
Ti rincontrero and the first successes
Marco presented a live preview of his first single "Ti Rincontrerò", during the radio program Viva Radio 2 on 6 June 2008. "Ti rincontrerò", based on the album, was released on 13 June by Warner Music Italy / Atlantic. The album contains 11 tracks, including a duet with Luca Jurman (his vocal coach in the talent show Amici). A week after the launch, the album debuted at third place in the standings FIMI / Nielsen with over 40 thousand copies sold and got the gold disc. Subsequently, in August, the album reached the 70 thousand copies sold mark, achieving platinum status. On 6 September, in MTV's Total Request Live, Carta announced that "Ti rincontrerò" will be launched in Spain, Central America and South America. On 4 July 2008, he began his first tour of Italy, which ended in October, raising a total of more than 200 thousand visitors . On 31 December 2008, Marco was the protagonist of a New Year's concert in his hometown, in which 70 thousand spectators had gathered. On 3 October 2008, he published an album about the tour, "In concerto", which debuted at the twentieth place in sales charts FIMI and Nielsen and after the second week comes to the tenth place. Marco was also the star of the 2008 Challenge sponsored by MTV, Marco Carta @ Your School: an institution hosted the concert of Messina. On 1 December, during the second edition of the What's Up International Award for Young Talents, he was awarded the prize Best Young Talent 2008 (Best Male Vocalist). He joined the animated film Impy superstar – Mission Luna Park as voice and interpreter of the cover That's the Way (I Like It) inserted in the soundtrack.
The victory at the Festival di Sanremo and La forza mia
On 21 February 2009, he won the 59th Sanremo Festival in the category Artists with the song "La forza mia" written by Paolo Carta, the producer, songwriter and guitarist of Laura Pausini, winning 57.62% of the preference votes of the public On 20 February, he published and released his third album, "La forza mia". Just four days from the exit, "La forza mia" wins platinum status with over 80 thousand copies sold. and debuted in third place in FIMI. After the second week of publishing, the album from 3rd exit switches to the 2nd position in the leader FIMI. His second single, Dentro ad ogni brivido, was released in April 2009. On 16 May, Carta won the awards Man of the Year and Best No. 1 of the year, in TRL Awards 2009. The "Marco Carta Tour 2009" started on 30 April, which had a great success of the public, to the point that some dates are canceled for excessive affluence. That same year, Carta wins two Wind Music Award for discs of platinum albums achieved with "Ti rincontrerò" and "La forza mia" (plus a special prize RTL 102.5), the premium Sirmione Catullo 2009 as the revelation of the year, and then the Venice Music Awards 2009 as the best artist of the year. On 16 September, after 5 months, concludes the summer tour and on 26 September, his song "Dentro ad ogni brivido" is voted as the most representative song of summer 2009 as the MTV CocaCola The Summer Song.
Il cuore muove and Necessità lunatica
Anticipated by the hit Quello che dai, the 25 May 2010 is released Il cuore muove. Carta in an interview has declared :"It's a work, made for many months. I wanted to choose my own tracks step by step to better understand how good they were."
From the album, that has reached the second position of the Italian chart, it has been estracted the single Niente più di me.
In 2011 Il cuore muove became golden disc and the artist was awarded in the Wind Music Awards.
In September 2012 Marco Carta recorded his first single in Spanish, thanks to the agreement with Warner Music Spain: this is the Spanish version of Mi hai guardato per caso titled Casualmente miraste, published in the contemporanera on September 21 in Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Italy. In November 2012 the single Mi hai guardato per caso and Necessità lunatica are certified gold disc for sales of over 15.000 digital. On January 18, 2013 released the third single Scelgo me, from the album Necessità lunatica.
In 2008, he released his debut single, "Per Sempre". The single did fairly well in Italy and peaked at No. 44 on the Italian FIMI chart and No. 18 on the Italian iTunes chart. The single was included in the album Ti Brucia, also released in 2008, with songs by him and other contestants of the TV show Amici di Maria de Filippi.
His debut album Ti Rincontrerò was released on 13 June 2008 and debuted No. 3 on the Italian charts. It sold over 40,000 copies during the first week. Current data shows that the album has sold about 70,000 copies, in order to sell 100,000 . In concerto is his first live CD/DVD and was released on 3 October 2008.
He won the Festival of Sanremo in the month of February 2009 with the single La forza mia. The album "La forza mia" sold 70,000 copies in Italy in just one week, reaching platinum status. Currently, the album has sold about 100,000 copies in Italy.
On 25 May 2010, he released his third studio album "II Cuore Muove". The album sold about 30.000 copies and it has been certified gold.
On 10 April 2012, he released his fourth studio album "Necessità lunatica".
- First place of the cinquantanovesima edizione of Festival di Sanremo.
- Platinum disc with the album La forza mia
- Wind music Award how Platinum Album for La forza mia e Ti rincontrerò
- Plate of the Mayor and the Municipal School of Music in Cagliari, certifying "Distinguished Citizen'
- Award TRL Awards 2009 as Uomo dell'anno (Man of the year)
- Award TRL Awards 2009 as Miglior No. 1 dell'anno (Best No. 1 of the year) per il singolo La forza mia
- Special Award "RTL 102.5" in Wind Music Awards 2009 as being the most voted artist in the radio's website
- Double Award Wind Music Awards 2009 for the Platinum albums, obtained in the last year with the albums Ti rincontrerò and La forza mia
- Award Sirmione Catullo 2009 as revelation of the year
- Award Venice Music Awards 2009 as Best Artist of the year
- Award MTV CocaCola The Summer Song 2009 – First classified with the singleDentro ad ogni brivido
- Award TRL Awards 2011 as Best talent show artist.
- Golden disc with the album Il cuore muove
- Wind Music Award how Gold album for Il cuore muove
- Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award as Best italian singer.
- Baroque Prize - "Land of the Sun Award
|Year||Album||Chart peak positions||Copies sold.||Certification|
|2009||La forza mia
|2010||Il cuore muove
|Il simbolo "—" indica che l'album non è entrato in classifica in quel Paese.|
|Year||Album||Chart peak positions|
|Year||Title||Chart peak positions||Album|
|2008||Per sempre||—||Ti rincontrerò|
|2009||Anima di nuvola||—|
|Un grande libro nuovo||—|
|La forza mia||2||La forza mia|
|Dentro ad ogni brivido||7|
|2010||Quello che dai||1||Il cuore muove|
|Niente più di me||—|
|2012||Mi hai guardato per caso||6||Necessità lunatica|
|Ti voglio bene||10|
- Album sales 'La forza mia'
- CERTIFICAZIONE SINGLE DIGITAL dalla settimana 1 del 2009 alla settimana 45 del 2012
- Sul quotidiano Italia Oggi l'intervista a Marcello Balestra della Warner, trionfatore a Sanremo con Marco Carta, Povia ed Arisa
- FIMI - Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana - Benvenuto!
- Affaritaliani.it – Il vincitore/ Marco Carta, da "Amici" a Sanremo
- Biografia dal sito Warner Music Italy
- Competition Marco Carta @ Your School – MTV.it
- Marco Carta ritira il premio What's Up Giovani Talenti
- Marco Carta doppiatore di Impy Superstar
- Sanremo, Marco Carta vince il primo festival Raiset – LASTAMPA.it
- Marco Carta vince il Festival, e Bonolis risuscita Sanremo
- Soundblog.it – Marco Carta, “La Forza Mia” è già disco di platino
- Affaritaliani.it – Marco Carta canterà ai Wind Music Awards
- Il Messaggero.it – Concerto sospeso per Marco Carta
- Il cuore muove (27 May 2010). "INTERVISTA CON MARCO BALDINI SU RADIO KISS KISS". Radio Kiss Kiss.
- "Il cuore muove su italiancharts.com". Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- Marco Carta - 'Mi Hai Guardato Per Caso'
- Uscita album
- "Classifica FIMI (album) dal 09/04/2012 al 15/04/2012". Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- Marco Carta vince il 59° Festival di Sanremo
- Dal sito della radio.
- "Scheda degli album di Marco Carta su italiancharts.com". Retrieved 30 March 2010.
- "Scheda degli album di Marco Carta su hitparade.ch". Retrieved 30 March 2010.
- CERTIFICAZIONE ALBUM fisici e digitali dalla settimana 1 del 2009 alla settimana 43 del 2010
- "Classifica Fimi – Settimana 21 del 2010 – Artisti". Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "CERTIFICAZIONE ALBUM fisici e digitali dalla settimana 1 del 2009 alla settimana 23 del 2012".
- Italiancharts Marco Carta – La forza mia