Emma in concert in 2010
|Birth name||Emmanuela Marrone|
|Also known as||Emma|
|Born||May 25, 1984|
After several musical experiences with several bands, in March 2010, she won the Italian talent show Amici di Maria De Filippi and signed a contract with record label Universal Music. On February 18, 2012, she achieved first place at the annual televised Sanremo Music Festival 2012 with her song Non è l'inferno. She has published, so far, 1 EP, 2 albums and 12 singles music and to date, between albums and singles, has received 2 Multiplatinum, 9 Platinum disc and 1 Gold disc.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Early life and youth with two bands: KaRadreon and H2O
- 1.2 The subsequent musical experiences with Lucky Star, Mjur and Anonimo Soul
- 1.3 Won the talent show Amici and produced first solo record Oltre
- 1.4 Second solo record, A me piace così and second in the Sanremo Music Festival 2011
- 1.5 Sarò libera and won the Sanremo Music Festival 2012
- 1.6 2013, the third album Schiena
- 2 Vocal and interpretative skills
- 3 Philanthropy
- 4 Discography
- 5 Tour
- 6 Author and songwriter for other singers
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Producer and Screenwriter
- 9 Awards
- 10 Other activities
- 11 Sources
- 12 External links
Early life and youth with two bands: KaRadreon and H2O
Born in Florence, she spent her early childhood in Sesto Fiorentino, then moved with her family to Aradeo in province of Lecce, land of origin of the parents, at the age of four years. She acquired her passion for music from her father Rosario, guitarist of a band from Aradeo called "Karadreon" which was formed when Marrone was about 9–10 years old, performing in festivals and in clubs. Then Emma has been in the band H2O (always the Father), requiring the same group of a singer more. Both bands in their evenings is proposed cover Italy and foreign. She graduated from Classical High School, writing a thesis on music; She worked in a warehouse and has done the job saleswoman for three years.
The subsequent musical experiences with Lucky Star, Mjur and Anonimo Soul
She started her professional musical career in 2003, when she took part in the second Italian edition of Popstars (later renamed Superstar Tour); Emma won the talent show, and with Laura Pisu and Colomba Pane she formed the Lucky Star. The group released a single in 2003 called Stile. The single was released on the Universal label and achieved good success. In 2006 the group recorded the soundtrack of the cartoon W.I.T.C.H and a Dance-pop album was released, called LS3. The band broke up. In 2007, she formed another group of Alternative rock music,the M.J.U.R.,stands for Mad Jesters Until Rave. The group has won a contract with the Dracma Records, and has recorded between August and September 2007 an album, released in January 2008, called Mjur with ten tracks written and composed of the same members. Between the 2007 and 2009 with his uncle, Emidio Marrone, has been in the band Anonimo Soul, proposing music soul and funky. Until 2009 has also played in a band that is part of the father Rosario Marrone, the H20.
Won the talent show Amici and produced first solo record Oltre
In 2009, she took part in another talent show for Canale 5, Amici di Maria De Filippi, winning this competition too. In March 2010 Universal Music she released her first EP, Oltre, that was very successful in Italy, peaking at number one for two weeks in the Italian Albums Chart. In the same month was released her first single too, Calore, that peaked at number one for two weeks too.The single was also certified platinum digital.
In June, she began her first concert-tour: Ahi ce sta passu tour(sentence in Salento dialect). She toured throughout Italy accompanied by her band. The tour ended at the end of Summer. In the same month, she also took part to the Amici Tour 2010 with all the contestants of the talent show. On July 2010, the second single from Oltre was released: Un Sogno A Costo Zero. After the tour, she also released the video for the third single Sembra Strano.
In Summer of 2010 receives the prize best female vocalist of the year 2010 to Venice Music Awards.
Second solo record, A me piace così and second in the Sanremo Music Festival 2011
On September 24, 2010, a new single called Con le nuvolewas released. On October 19 her second solo record was released, also from Universal, A me piace così which debuted at # 2 on the Federation of the Italian Music Industry, while in Switzerland peaked at number 50. Also in November 19, the second single from the album "Cullami" was released.
On November 30, 2010,was released a Special Edition which included both the albums (Oltre and A me piace così) with two new songs: L'Amore Che Ho (written by Neffa) and (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay (duet with Craig David) was released.
He participated in the Sanremo Music Festival 2011 with the group Modà with the song Arriverà, finishing in second place, behind Roberto Vecchioni. In conjunction with the participation of the singer in the Sanremo Music Festival 2011 was published Sanremo Edition album with a new cover, the song of Sanremo Arriverà, plus two new songs Io son per te l'amore and Per sempre.
Also in February 2011 she was nominated for the TRL Awards 2011 in the category "Best Talent Show Artist".The Track Arriverà, succeeds in his debut, reaching the first position of the Top Digital Download italian.A month later, on April 15, 2011, enter into radio airplay the new single Io son per te l'amore.
Emma, in the spring of 2011, has opened the only Italian date of the tour of Taylor Swift. The May 29, 2011 opened the final of the Italian Cup 2010–2011 to Stadio Olimpico of Rome singing the Italian National Anthem.
In summer of 2011 began the A me piace cosi Tour 2011 (his second tour), in the same period has opened two concerts Vasco Rossi e and three concerts of Gianna Nannini. Still in summer of 2011 was awarded the Wind Music Awards 2011 for sales of A me piace cosi and sales in digital single in collaboration with Modà, Arriverà.
In the month of July 2011 has participated in the festival dedicated to Italian singer Giorgio Gaber, singing two songs, Io non mi sento italiano e La libertà.
Sarò libera and won the Sanremo Music Festival 2012
On September 20, 2011 she released her third solo record, Sarò libera, driven by the homonymous single released on September 2, 2011. The lead single 'Sarò libera', the same album name, has been certified digital gold, while the album Sarò liberà, went straight to the first position in the Federation of the Italian Music Industry, in was officially certified Double platinum. The October 28, 2011, was released the second single, Tra Passione e lacrime. In January 2012 contributes to the making of the film Benvenuti al Nord, where the end of the movie and in the credits appears with a cameo singing Nel blu dipinto di blu.
The January 15, 2012 is announced its participation in the Sanremo Music Festival 2012 with the song Non è l'inferno,for the occasion is published the Sarò Libera Sanremo edition. On the third night of the festival sang a duet with Gary Go in If Paradise Is Half as Nice and the fourth evening, with Alessandra Amoroso in Non è l'inferno. The February 19, 2012 is proclaimed winner of the 62nd Sanremo Music Festival 2012. The song 'Non è l'inferno' went straight to the 1st position of the Top Digital Download Italian, is then certified multiplatinum. The single Switzerland has reached the 19th position, remaining for 3 consecutive weeks in the Swiss Music Charts. While the album Sarò Libera, also in the Swiss Music Charts, reached the highest position as the 43rd with the Sarò Libera Sanremo edition collecting eight weeks spent in ranking.
In February 2012 was nominated for a Kids' Choice Award 2012 in the category Best Italian singer.
The March 31, 2012 has made a comeback in the talent show Amici di Maria De Filippi, returning to race in the category BIG, then won by Alessandra Amoroso. In this occasion Alessandra Amoroso announced its intention to split the prize, consisting of a free concert at Arena di Verona which was subsequently held on September 5, 2012, with Emma. The show was released the song that Emma wrote to Antonino titled Resta ancora un pò, song that has reached the 6th position of the Top Digital Download Italian.
Also during this period he received two nominations TRL Awards 2012 in the categories Best Fan and Italian Do It Better and is able to secure the victory of the category Italian Do It Better. The April 27, 2012 is published cercavo amore, the fourth single from her album Sarò libera. The single stayed for two weeks at the top in the Top Digital Download Italian was later certified platinum; debuted in Switzerland in the Swiss Music Charts at the 68th position.
The July 10, 2012 was published the official remix of Cercavo amore made by Alex Gaudino and Jason Rooney and containing two songs. Cercavo amore was chosen to be one of the traces of Just Dance 4 (the only Italian song present), available from October 2, 2012 in the world.
The July 2, 2012 have been sent to Rai 1 the Wind Music Awards 2012, emma and was rewarded for sales Sarò libera. During the evening, in addition to singing the single Cercavo amore, sang a duet with Pino Daniele to the tune of Io per lei and Quando. Il Concerto del vincitore – Tezenis Live with Alessandra Amoroso and Emma, held on September 5 at Arena di Verona, was then sent to Canale 5 on September 6.
In the month of July began his third tour titled Sarò libera Tour, which will end in the month of December; the tour totaled more than 160,000 tickets sold (excluding stages with free admission) and sold out in almost every concert. The September 17, 2012 is extracted the fifth single from the album Sarò libera, Maledetto quel giorno.
The October 8, 2012, Emma gave a concert in London for the event Puglia Sounds in London (event created to listen to music from Puglia in London) at the prestigious Koko Club. On November 6, 2012, the tracklist of the triple disc Per Gaber... io ci sono, a tribute to Giorgio Gaber was announced and Emma is with the song Freedom. On November 11, on the site of Il Corriere della Sera, was released a preview of the music video of the song, not as a single statement, Non sono solo te, included in the Sarò libera, of which Emma is both Producer and Screenwriter.
2013, the third album Schiena
In February 2013, for the second consecutive year, received a nomination to the Kids' Choice Award 2013 in the category Best Italian singer. The February 15, in the fourth evening of Sanremo Music Festival 2013, dedicated to Sanremo Story, sang a duet with Annalisa in Per Elisa by Alice. The February 16 Emma was chosen as artistic director of a team of Amici di Maria De Filippi, going to the match against the team of Miguel Bosé. On 9 April 2013, the label Universal Music, released her third solo studio album, called Schiena, that reached the one position in the official Italian album chart by FIMI and it was certified platinum.
Vocal and interpretative skills
Emma, singer and musician Pop and Rock the Italian music scene, is characterized by a powerful voice, hoarse and scratchy. Close to music as a child, identifies Gianna Nannini his artistic reference point; among his other artistic reference points are Mina and Loredana Bertè. Her Timbre biting was emphasized by critical Mario Luzzatto Fegiz.
The Pianist Nazzareno Carusi defined its particular stamp and a wild beauty and her singing very instinctive but would need more study singing as not to strain her voice too much and risk losing. The singer Roberto Vecchioni has enhanced the interpretive skills of Emma, calling it one of the best singers of the moment.
From the beginning of her career the singer has taken part in several initiatives of solidarity, social commitment and charity. A February 2011 Emma participating in the exhibition Se non ora quando, a movement designed to protest for the rights of women, participating in the same movement in 2012. In several interviews, the singer said he had always participated, since very young, in various social events and have worked for social services. As revealed in the March 2011 in an interview with Gioia, in 2009 on the eve of promotional mini-tour with Mjur, Emma discovered she had a uterine cancer evil. Emergency surgery to Rome, after a 7 hour the tumor was removed and saved womb. He then launched a campaign to raise awareness of cancer prevention among young people. From May 2011 becomes testimonial of AIRC (Italian Association for Cancer Research), to help research against cancer. Also in 2011 Emma lends her face to a campaign dedicated to the prevention of cancer ANT (National Association of Cancer), ONLUS which operates under social assistance Free-home health care for the suffering of cancer.
In September 2011 participates in the inauguration of the school Tutti a scuola, ceremony broadcast on RAI 1 which was attended, among others, of President of the Italian Republic Giorgio Napolitano and Ministry of Education, University and Research Francesco Profumo; subsequently also participates in the concert O'Scià – IX edition, an event born as a form of awareness on the problem of illegal immigration that for years afflicted the island of Sicily, created by singer-songwriter Claudio Baglioni. In the A me piace così Tour, the singer, on the occasion of the referendums of 2011, is opposed to nuclear power in Italy, creating a shirt with personally written «Stop Nuclear».
In 2012 Emma joins the fashion footwear brand Ishikawa for this purpose were created 300 pieces, of which the singer personally worked. The proceeds were donated in full to the Association Onlus Peter Pan, to help sick children. On May 27, 2012, participates in the Dream on show, a show organized by the Department for Drug Policy, Minister for International Cooperation and Integration Office of the Prime Minister, to deliver a message against all drugs. On July 11, 2012, she participated in the concert SLAncio di vita, against the SLA, aimed at funding research on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. In the summer of 2012 has worked with the Civil Protection of Misericordia donating the entire proceeds of his concert to Lastra a Signa of July 21 for purchase of a multi-purpose machine.
Emma was born in Florence, graduated in Aradeo, and now lives in Frascati (near Rome). Emma Marrone began a relationship with dancer in Amici di Maria De Filippi Stefano De Martino at the end of 2009. Following a brief separation, because of the betrayal of Stefano with another dancer Talent show, Stefano announced in March 2011 that he and Emma were back together. Emma and Stefano, in April 2012, broke definitively after the second betrayal of the dancer with the showgirl Belen Rodriguez, betrayal finished for months in all the newspapers in Italy.
|A me piace così||2||50||2XPlatinum|
|Un sogno a costo zero||-||-|
|Con le nuvole||-||-||-|
|Io son per te l'amore||-||-||-|
|Tra passione e lacrime||42||-||-|
|2012||Non è l'inferno||1||19||Multiplatinum|
|Maledetto quel giorno||-||-|
|Un sogno a costo zero||Roberto Saku Cinardi|
|Con le nuvole||Roberto Saku Cinardi|
|Io son per te l'amore||Marco Salom|
|Tra passione e lacrime|
|2012||Non è l'inferno|
|Cercavo amore||Marco Salom|
|Maledetto quel giorno|
Other charted songs
- Flavio Pasquetto: Electric guitars and acoustic guitars (from Ahi ce sta passu Tour)
- Simone De Filippis: Electric guitars and acoustic guitars (from Ahi ce sta passu Tour)
- Luca Cirillo: Keyboard (from Ahi ce sta passu Tour)
- Daniele Formica: Drums (from Ahi ce sta passu Tour)
- Pietro Casadei: Electric bass (from Ahi ce sta passu Tour)
- Arianna Mereu: Vocalist (from Sarò libera Tour)
- Elena Floris: Violinist (from Sarò libera Tour)
- Claudia Della Gatta: Cello (from Sarò libera Tour)
*We therefore exclude the formation of instrumental and vocal membership of the previous band of which he was a member: Karadreon, Lucky Star, M.j.u.r, Anonimo Soul and H2O.
Author and songwriter for other singers
- Collaborations authorship and / or compositions are listed in parentheses in the title.
|2012||Resta ancora un po'
(text: Emma; music: Emma and Pino Perris)
Producer and Screenwriter
- 2012 – Non sono solo te (music video directed by Gianluca Montesano)
|2003||Superstar Tour||Talent Show||Herself||Won|
|2010||Amici di Maria De Filippi||Talent Show||Herself||Won|
|Venice Music Awards||Best Female Voice||Herself||Won|
|Wind Music Awards||2xPlatinum EP||Oltre||Won|
|2011||TRL Awards||Best Talent Show Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|Wind Music Awards||Platinum album||A me piace così||Won|
|Wind Music Awards||Platinum single||Arriverà||Won|
|iTunes Rewind 2011||New artist of the year 2011||Herself||Won|
|2012||Sanremo Music Festival 2012||Artists||Non è l'inferno||Won|
|Kid's Choice Awards||Best Italian singer||Herself||Nominated|
|Wind Music Awards||Platinum album||Sarò libera||Won|
|TRL Awards 2012||Italians do it better||Herself||Won|
|2013||Kid's Choice Awards||Best Italian singer||Herself||Nominated|
|MTV Europe Music Awards||Best Italian Act||Herself||Pending|
- AIRC (Italian Association for Cancer Research-2011 – ongoing)
- ANT (National Association of Cancer-2011 – ongoing)
- Hyundai i10 Sound Edition with Cercavo amore
- Hyundai i20 Sound Edition with Maledetto quel giorno
- Jersey of the A me piace così Tour against nuclear power in Italy.
- 300 pieces of the Limited Edition Celebrity Soledad footwear Ishikawa (made for charity with the fashion brand).
- Meshes of its merchandising implemented in conjunction with a friend
- Gender Pop
- Source 'Rockol', gender Pop Rock
- The Rock Emma conquers Italy
- Emma the Italian bombshell of Rock
- Weekend Rock to the beat, Emma on stage
- Emma: 'Space Rock to us women'
- The Pop rock of Emma
- Emma Marrone: The profile Engine
- TgCom24,Emma:'I do not stop and sing for my fans'
- Emma with the Guitar 'Sarò libera tour'
- Emma plays guitar on tour: 'I hurt my fingers'
- Emma plays guitar in an interview
- "Oltre è triplo disco di platino".
- "Fimi.it – A me piace cosi Double Platinum".
- "Fimi.it – Sarò Libera Double Platinum".
- Arriverà Multiplatinum Digital
- Cercavo amore Platinum Digital
- 'Non è l'inferno' Multuplatinum digital
- The single "Calore" platinum digital in italiancharts.com
- 'Sarò libera' single digital gold
- Emma on guitar and new look
- "Quando Emma abitava a Sesto. L'appello dei vicini: "Torna a trovarci"". Corriere fiorentino. 22 febbraio 2012. Retrieved 27 settembre 2012.
- Karadreon ed H2o
- Site h2o Music live
- Interview with Emma
- 'Emma: I worked as a saleswoman'
- 'La Stampa': interview Emma
- Lucky Star
- sheet MJUR from the site of the 'Dracma Records'
- Anonimo Soul
- Myspace of Emidio Marrone
- The album "Oltre" in Italian Albums Chart
- The single "Calore" platinum digital in Italian Albums Chart
- "News about "Oltre"' double platinum in Italy". Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- Oltre 'the second best-selling album' of 2010 in Italy
- Swiss Music Charts
- Emma dreams of a duet with Gianna Nannini
- 'Venice Music Awards':triumph for Emma
- 'Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana'
- 'Swiss Music Charts'
- Emma along with 'Modà' second festival of Sanremo
- Cover album
- Emma open the concert of Taylor Swift
- Emma sings the 'Italian national anthem'
- 'A me piace cosi Tour 2011'
- A me piace così è multiplatino
- Sarò libera, the new album by Emma Marrone
- 'Sarò libera' digital gold
- Emma in 'benvenuti al nord'
- Emma won the 'Sanremo Music Festival 2012'
- Swiss Chart:Non è l'inferno alla 19
- Swiss Chart:3 settimane di permanenza per Non è l'inferno
- Swiss Charts: Sarò libera alla 43
- Swiss Charts:8 settimane in classifica per Sarò libera
- Amici:Emma returning to race in the category BIG
- Wins Alessandra Amoroso and divide the prize with emma
- Resta ancora un pò has reached the 6th position of the Top Digital Download
- Emma wins Trl Awards
- published 'Cercavo amore'
- Cercavo amore the first two times
- Swiss Charts:the 68th position for Cercavo amore
- Just dance 4 tracklist
- Wind music awards 2012
- Emma e Alessandra queens of 'Arena di Verona'
- Sarò libera Tour
- ANSA:more than 160,000 tickets sold for the Sarò libera tour
- Adnkronos: Sold out in almost every concert
- AGI:a triumph for the 'Sarò libera tour', more than 160,000 tickets sold and sold out at every stage
- Maledetto quel giorno radio date
- Emma conquest London
- Heat Emma london
- Emma at Koko Club:a success
- Tracklist Per Gaber...Io ci sono
- non sono solo te video
- Non sono solo te video musicale che accompagna il tour
- Emma nominated for a Kids' Choice Award 2013
- Emma duet with Annalisa to Sanremo
- Emma art director of Amici
- Esce il 9 aprile l'album Schiena
- L'Universal Music Italia presenta Schiena
- Fimi Peak Position
- Certificazioni Fimi week 24: Schiena disco di platino
- Emma powerful voice
- Emma: a hoarse voice and gritty of Salento
- Emma voice hoarse and scratchy
- Emma: She is thanks to Gianna Nannini song
- Emma:It would be a dream to sing with Gianna Nannini
- Interview with Emma
- Fegiz talk about Emma
- Nazzareno carusi talking about emma
- Vecchioni praised the acting talents of emma
- Emma in favor of women's rights
- Emma for women
- Emma returns to demonstrate in favor of women
- Emma guest in a political program
- Emma exceeds the tumor
- Emma talks about her battle with cancer
- Emma testimonial of AIRC
- Emma testimonial of ANT
- Emma at the opening of the school year
- Emma against nuclear energy
- Emma invites you to vote against nuclear energy in Italy
- Emma with 'Ishikawa' for sick children
- Emma against all types of drugs
- Emma a concert against SLA
- Emma in concert for charity
- "Album & EP di Emma (IT) su italiancharts.com".
- "Oltre doppio disco di platino".
- Schiena one position in Italy
- schiena swiss chart
- Positions and sales of songs
- Swiss Music Chart
- "MTV EMA: svelate le nomination, in testa Justin Timberlake e Macklemore" (in Italian). Rockol.it. 17 September 2013. Archived from the original on 17 September 2013.
- Emma testimonial of 'Fix Design'
- Emma testimonial of 'Fili e grani'
- Emma testimonial for 'AIRC(Italian Association for Cancer Research)'
- Emma testimonial for 'ANT(National Association of Cancer)'
- Emma testimonial of 'Ishikawa' for 'Peter Pan Onlus
- Emma testimonial of 'Tezenis'
- 'Calore' in Top of the spot 2010 vol.2
- Emma Marrone sponsors of TicToc Samsung
- Song advertising Hyundai i10 Sound Edition
- Spot Hyundai i20 Sound Edition with 'Maledetto quel giorno'
- Emma realizes the shirts of their merchandising
- Emma Shop