185-200 series EMU on a Minakami service, December 2006
|Service type||Limited express|
|First service||1964 (Semi express)
1997 (Limited express)
|Current operator(s)||JR East|
|Line used||Tōhoku Main Line, Takasaki Line, Joetsu Line|
|Rolling stock||185 series EMUs|
|Operating speed||110 km/h (70 mph)|
The Minakami service (written in hiragana as "みなかみ") began as a semi-express service between Ueno and Minakami from 1 October 1964. This operated until 30 September 1965, after which the train was renamed Okutone.
From the start of the revised timetable on 4 December 2010, the Minakami will cease to be a regular service, operating only during busy seasons.
- ＪＲ新幹線＆特急列車ファイル [JR Shinkansen & Limited Express Train File]. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. 2008. p. 72. ISBN 978-4-330-00608-6.
- こだわりの新幹線＆特急列車ガイド [In-depth Shinkansen & Limited Express Guide]. Japan: Ikaros. 2000. p. 86. ISBN 4-87149-284-2.
- 列車名鑑1995 [Train Name Directory 1995]. Japan: Railway Journal. August 1995. p. 130.
- "２０１０年１２月 ダイヤ改正について (Details of December 2010 Timetable Revision)" (Press release) (in Japanese). JR East. 24 September 2010. Retrieved 25 September 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Minakami (train).|
- JR East 185 series Akagi/Kusatsu/Minakami (Japanese)