Modesto Area Express, better known by the acronym MAX, is the primary bus agency for Modesto, a Northern California city with over 200,000 inhabitants. The agency provides regular transit and dial-a-ride local service in addition to commuter feeder service to regional rail systems, BART, ACE and Amtrak's San Joaquin train.
Hours of operation are: 6:00 am – 7:45 pm, Mon- Fri; 7:45 am – 7:00 pm, Saturday; 8:45 am – 6:00 pm, Sunday. There is no service on certain holidays: New Year's Day, Presidents' Day (observed), Memorial Day (observed), Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
There is priority seating for older adults and persons with impaired abilities. All buses have wheelchair lifts and also offer bike racks.
There is express commuter service to the Amtrak station in Modesto, the ACE station in Lathrop and the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.
- 21 Downtown to Robertson Road
- 22 Downtown to McHenry/Vintage Faire Mall
- 24/34 Downtown to Sylvan Avenue
- 25 Downtown to Orangeburg/Vintage Faire Mall
- 26 Downtown to Carpenter Road
- 27 Downtown to Kierman Avenue
- 28 Downtown to Salida and Mall
- 29 Downtown to Crows Landing/JFK Training Center
- 30 Downtown to Prescott Road/Vintage Faire Mall
- 31 Downtown to Pelandale Avene/Vintage Faire Mall
- 32 Downtown to Mable Avenue
- 33 Downtown to Poust Road
- 36 Downtown to Central Valley Plaza/Vintage Faire Mall
- 37 Downtown to Rumble Road/Vintage Faire Mall
- 38 Downtown to Modesto Airport
- 39 Downtown to Abbie Street
- 41 Downtown to Vintage Faire Mall Express
- 42 Downtown to Tucson Avenue/Community Services Building
- 43 Downtown to California Avenue
- ACE Express Vintage Faire Mall to Lathrop-Manteca ACE station
- BART Express Downtown to Dublin-Pleasanton BART station
External links