|— Agency —|
|• Political agent||Dr Amber Ali Khan|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
|Main language(s)||Pashto, Urdu|
The Mohmand Agency (Pashto: مومند, Urdu: مہمند ایجنسی) is a district in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas of Pakistan created in 1951. Before that, the Mohmand Tribes were administered by the Deputy Commissioner based in Peshawar, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. However it was not until 1973 that the headquarters of the Mohmand agency were moved from Peshawar to Ekkagund. Now, the permanent agency headquarters is at Ghalanai, deep in the Mohmand agency. There is scant rainfall and little irrigated land, a factor responsible for the large demographic movements of the Mohmands to the fertile lands of Charsadda and Mardan districts to the east.
Dr Amber Ali Khan is currently the "political agent" of Mohmand Agency
- According to the 2011 census the population is 600,000 - with a population density of 171 persons per square kilometre
Total Population of Mohmand Agency is about 600,000.
The agency is inhabited by many tribes, mostly the Mohmands, the Clans, Baizai, Khwaizai, Halimzai,Babazai, Tarak Zai, Safi. and Utman Khel. They all fought against the British and British called them as a Stone. The Safis, because of their association with the Mohmand, are also called Safi Mohmands but actually they are not Mohmand in Legacy. The tribe has been divided in upper Mohmand and lower Mohmand. The central bazaar of Mohmand is Ghalanai. Mohmand Agency is divided into four Clans, the Baizai, Halimzai, Khwaizai and Tarakzai.
The Halimzai is Sub-tribe of Mohmand.This tribe is one of the strongest among other sub-tribe due its central location as Ghalanai is the capital of Mohmand angency and Gandhab is the biggest Bazzar of Mohmand agency.Government mainly depends upon Halimzai tribe. Gandhab is divided into Upper and Lower Gandhab.Halimzai is sub diveded into the following three sub tribes.
1) Hamza Khel 2) Wali Baig 3) Kadi Khel yasir khan haim zaik.
- ...kamali halimzai,, bosha khel,, ibrahim khel,, hamza khel tribes.
The Baizai the border tribe of Mohmand agency. This sub-tribe has also population in Afghanistan. The Baizai living in the settled area of Pakistan mainly residing in the city of Peshawar and supposed to be the prosperous people of Peshawar. Some Baizai live in Salala which was the site of a 2011 NATO attack in Pakistan. In Baizai, there are five big tribes: Mero Khel, Attmar Khel,Essa khel,Mosa khel, Khoaga Khel and Barakhel.
The Khwaizai tribe are poppy farmers.
The Tarakzai are a Pashtun tribe concentrated in the lower Mohmand from Ekka Ghund to Michanai up to Daudzai. They are a well educated tribe settled at the gate of the Mohmand Agency. The sub-tribes of the Tarak Zai are Dado Khel, Qasim Khel, Bran Khel and Issa Khel..
Total area 
887 square miles (2,297 km2) which is mostly hilly and mountainous with little flat land. The reported area of agricultural land is 5,670 acres (2,296 hectares) out of which 48 acres (19.6 hectares) have been brought under cultivation. The irrigated area is 16 acres (6.6 hectares) and forests cover over 20 acres (8.0 hectares). Most of the agricultural land is rain fed, having insufficient rainfall; the agriculture product is very low, in lower Mohmand area of Michanai of Tarakzai near the Kabul river there are areas of good agriculture.and our country covers an area of796,095, they are also the richest Tribe of Mohmand as compare to other because most of the population Tarakzai Tribe are in Middle East and Europe for Business and Work Purpose and are Settled with their Families most commonly in Middle east.
Hospitals in the area may be poorly equipped and international aid has had a limited effect on bettering the healthcare situation. The one-story, 110-bed hospital in Ghalanai was nearly empty when a New York Times reporter visited in July 2007. According to the reporter, three beds were in use; transportation to the hospital was so difficult that only women who could walk there would show up; doctors quit because of low pay and lack of security; the hospital lacked equipment. Water was trucked in every other day. Women who come to the hospital are "very much anemic", without money, illiterate and ignorant about family planning. An $11 million project funded by the United States government and run by Save the Children trains Pakistani doctors to in turn train health care workers who will go into the field and train traditional health assistants on more modern health-care methods. For security reasons, the training is done in Peshawar, beyond the agency's borders. The program was expected to do some work in the hospital as well.
Place of interest 
- Warsak dam is situated on the river Kabul about 32.2 km (20.0 mi) from Peshawar. The construction of the project was started in 1955 and the power station was commissioned in 1960. Before the commissioning of the Mangla Dam, it was one of the major sources of power.
- Munda dam is being constructed on Swat River to the east of the agency.
- Shabqadar fort at shabqadar bazar is an interesting place to see which is the Headquarter of FC forces now adays. The fort has a history of about 90 years.
War on Terror 
Despite its attraction to tourists, Mohmand Agency has been an area of conflict between Pakistan Army and some militant groups. In a recent exchange of fire between the two, media reported that at least 18 militants were killed and 25 others were injured.
On September 16, 2011, security forces had cleared ninety percent of Mohmand Agency from the militants, normal life was restored and development activities have been launched. The Pakistan Army maintains an 8,200-man presence in Mohmand Agency following military operations to clear the region of militants.
In 2012, the Pakistani Army declared full control of Mohmand agency and de-notified it as conflict zone.
- Pakistan suicide bomb attack kills dozens BBC News - December 6, 2010
- Population (FATA, 1998) - fata.gov.pk
- "Tribesmen threaten to restart poppy cultivation", Frontier Post, January 26, 2001
- "Aid to Pakistan in Tribal Areas Raises Concerns", New York Times. Perlez, Jane, July 16, 2007, accessed November 9, 2007
- The News Tribe. Forces Kill 18 militants in Mohmand Agency.
- Nation. 90% of Mohmand Agency cleared of militants; IDPs return home.
- Pak Tribune. ‘Unprovoked’: DGMO gives details of aerial assault.
- Dawn. South Waziristan operation: Only Sararogha cleared in three years.