|Born||Abdul Muid Abdul Latif
February 24, 1979
George Town, Penang, Malaysia
|Occupation||Digital Artist, Web designer, Behance Ambassador Malaysia, Design Activist, Creative Commons Malaysia, Graphic Designer, Poet|
Muid Latif (born February 24, 1979) is a Malaysian-based web designer, graphic designer and digital artist who actively promotes the arts of the South East Asia from Batik and other elements in his digital artwork. Muid is one of the official Behance Ambassador representing Malaysia  and the author of 'Mekarnya Cinta Kata-kata & Puisi' e-book, a part of initiative to help the Creative Commons movement in fostering Free content awareness & Going green campaign.
After obtaining a bachelors degree in fine arts from the University Technology Mara (UiTM) Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia in 2001, Muid worked at a few web agencies and design studios providing creative assistance for online campaigns, such as Maxis Hotlink, Petronas's Petrosains Discovery Centre, Toyota and Microsoft Singapore. Muid is an active supporter of Creative Commons and he sits as one of the Board Members in Creative Commons Malaysia until 2008 and in 2011 onwards, he was appointed as Project Lead of Creative Commons Malaysia to promote the free culture movement and translation of latest version of Creative Commons licenses to Malay language. Muid founded Digital Malaya Project (DMP), a collective art group that supports the Malaysia's creative multimedia industry in 2001. Digital Malaya Project have been participating in art exhibitions from Malaysia to Singapore, Jakarta, Bangkok, Japan & Germany, and has been involved in pro-bono projects and campaigns with the Malaysian AIDS Council, Yahoo! Flickr Malaysia group, government bodies and NGO such as Perdana Leadership Foundation. Digital Malaya Project has been supporting the Malaysian Art & Design scene for almost ten years and was appointed by Adobe (ADAA committee members) to support the Adobe Design Achievement Awards 2008 as the official media supporter. Digital Malaya Project was nominated as 'Best Selection' in the WebCuts 2006 held in Germany and was a finalist for the MSC Malaysia APICTA 2002 Best Student Project Awards. Muid was involved as an ambassador to Kuala Lumpur Design Week (KLDW) 2009 and 2010 and also showcased collaborations with South East Asian Designers such as Drew Europeo, Tony Ariawan, Amenth, Firdaus Mahadi and many others. Muid was involved as one of the final judges for 6th & 8th Philippines Web Awards alongside Joshua Davis, Adhemas Batista & Carole Guevin and MSC Malaysia Kre8tif! Industry Awards judges for Digital Art Category in 2009 & 2010. Continuing his success in judging international awards & competitions, Muid was certified twice in 2012 and 2013 by the Ministry of Human Resources (Malaysia) for his contributions in mapping the curriculum and syllabus in 3d animation for the Malaysian Skills Certification System.
As an ASEF (Asia-Europe Foundation) alumnus, Muid presented his paperwork on Malaysia's New Media Practice & Policy development at the Mini Summit on New Media Arts Policy & Practice July 2008 in conjunction with International Symposium of Electronic Art (ISEA2008), Singapore, and also presented "How Does CC (Creative Commons) Works For Photographers" at the National Art Gallery, Kuala Lumpur in conjunction of ASEF Emerging Photographer's Forum 2009.
In October 2010, Muid became the first digital artist in Malaysia to perform a live digital art show (using Adobe Photoshop) together with the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra under the talented conductor, Harish Shankar, during the KLCC Art festival 
'Malaysian Artist for Unity', a pro-bono project by Malaysians created to gain more awareness for people to work together, embracing unity without prejudice and discrimination due to racial tense and racism that is happening around the world. 'Here In My Home' was Muid's first commercial involvement as a cast and crew. This project was produced by Pete Teo and directed by Yasmin Ahmad and film director, Ho Yuhang. Muid had also to contribute for Malaysian Book of Records as an illustrator for the Longest Comic Banner in Asia dated March 2008, located in PTWC, Kuala Lumpur during the Comic Fiesta and was a creative consultant to Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) after working on Malaysia first 3D animated series called Saladin, The Animated Series which recently nominated in the International Emmy Awards 2011. Muid now work as an independent new media specialist and developer, giving talks for local art and design institutions, volunteering for charity for NGO and handling various creative works and campaigns from creative writing, web designs and multimedia development including Puteri Gunung Ledang: The Musical Season 3, cover art, creative campaigns for local and international recording artists. Muid is also a member of Graphic Design Association of Malaysia (wREGA). wREGA is the only official authorized graphic design association in Malaysia (affiliated with ICOGRADA since 2001) is also a non-profit, non-political organisation with the objective of encouraging professional practice and promoting design excellence in the art and science of visual communication in commerce, trade, industry and education, both locally and internationally. From 2011 to 2013, Muid have extensively create series of space art and exhibited in major art galleries like Petronas Gallery and Penang State Art Gallery in conjunction of 'Young Malaysian Artists II' exhibition.
Muid is the Third generation of Digital Artist in Malaysia along with other successful Digital Artist such as Aadi Salman (Who works on Graphic Novel 'Silent Hill'), Milx (who works with Marvel Comics of Silver Surfer, Fytullah Hamzah (Kromosom), Tan Jin Ho, and others. To name some of the First Generation of Digital Artist in Malaysia is none other than the father of Digital Art, Ismail Zain, followed by "Second generation of Malaysian Digital Artists" like Niranjan Rajah, Hasnul Jamal Saidon, Kamal Sabran, Roopesh Sitharan and others who started the E-Art movement in Malaysia. Muid continues the legacy of the late Ismail Zain (The Visionary of Malaysia Digital Art) to explore the depths of local culture and its arts influence by traveling into the states of Malaysia & Indonesia to study works like the Malay wood carving, Indonesian batik designs, conducting interviews (artistes, carpenters, craftsmen) and adaptation of the art elements found in his searching to be use in contemporary techniques & methods not only to restore, but to gain more awareness about the value of the local rich culture of Malaysia and South East Asia through the form of digital arts. On the contemporary side of his digital work, Muid inspired by works of Joshua Davis (United States), Drew Europeo (Philippines), Adhemas Batista (Brazil), Michael Paul Young (America / Thailand), Mike Cina (United States), Masashi Kishimoto (Japan), Koji Morimoto (Japan), The legendary Datuk Lat (Malaysia), Ibrahim Hussein (Malaysia), Datuk Syed Ahmad Jamal (Malaysia), Actiontintoy (Malaysia) & Mohammad Yazid (Malaysia).
- Patrick, Steven; Jo Timbuong (2007-06-05). "It's art Jim, but not as we know it". The Star Online. Retrieved 2008-06-05.
- Oriental Series By Muid Latif http://www.behance.net/gallery/Oriental-Series/199135
- Syameen, Siti (2012-11-12). "By all means, create!". The New Straits Times. Retrieved 2012-11-12.
- Behance Ambassadors http://blog.behance.net/teamblog/ambassadors
- Mekarnya Cinta Kata-kata & Puisi, free e-book by Muid Latif http://moedlatif.com/mckkp/
- Creative Commons Malaysia http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Malaysia
- Patrick, Steven (2009-03-31). "Creative Commons Movement Steps Up". The Star Online.
- Creative Commons Asia Pacific Regional Meeting 2012 http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/36193
- Webcuts 06 Official Site http://www.webcuts.org/2006/index_en.html
- Philippines Web Awards Official Website http://www.philippinewebawards.com/
- Founder for Netdiver http://www.netdiver.net
- Characterized Global Championship Tour 2013, organized by CUT&PASTE http://characterized.cutandpaste.com/index.php/events/kuala_lumpur_2013
- ASEF-IFACCA 2008 Summary http://www.ifacca.org/ifacca_events/new-media-policy-practice/
- Dhanagunan, Laviinia (2010-11-01). "Showbiz: Painting to an orchestral beat". News Straits Times. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- Creative Commons features Malaysian Artistes for Unity http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/8297
- Here In My Home - Malaysian Artistes For Unity Music Video http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Wl3firJQk
- nominated in the International Emmy Awards 2011 http://www.iemmys.tv/awards_nominees.aspx
- Yaakub, Nazmi (2010-05-04). "Terokai Media Baru". Berita Harian Press. Retrieved 2010-05-04.
- 'Rekagrafik' on TEDxMMU (x = independently organized TED event), 10 Dec 2011, MMU, Cyberjaya, MALAYSIA http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/3599/
- 'Puteri Gunung Ledang: The Musical Season 3' http://www.enfiniti.com.my/pglm3/
- Graphic Design Association of Malaysia or 'Pertubuhan Wakaf Reka Grafik Malaysia' (wREGA) http://www.wrega.org/
- Syameen, Siti (2013-11-04). "Tech in art". New Straits Times. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- Tan Jin Ho http://www.tajino.net
- Adhemas http://www.adhemas.com
- Datuk Syed Ahmad Jamal (In Malay Language on Wikipedia http://ms.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syed_Ahmad_Syed_Jamal
- ActionTintoy http://www.actiontintoy.com/
- The Art of Mohammad Yazid http://www.mohammadyazid.com/
- 'Lovely Disturbia' on Muid's Behance website http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lovely-Disturbia/673496
- Penang State Art Gallery http://www.penangmuseum.gov.my/
- Digital Malaya Project
- Project Alive (Powered by BMW) - Interviews Malaysian Graphic Designer & Digital Artist, Muid Latif
- Lomography Magazine - Interview with Malaysian Artist Muid Latif
- Utusan Malaysia - Duta Muda Seni Digital, Muid Latif (In Malay Language)
- Malaysian Entertainment Blogger Interviews Muid Latif (In Malay Language)