NCAA Boxing Championship
The following is a list of NCAA Team Champions in Boxing. The National Collegiate Athletic Association discontinued the boxing championship after 1960; however in 1976, American collegiate boxing was picked up again by the National Collegiate Boxing Association.
The first year of NCAA sponsorship of the championship was 1932. However, national championships were conducted in 1924-31 as well. Before 1948, NCAA team boxing championships were unofficial because team points were not officially awarded.
Unofficial team champions
- 1924 Penn State
- 1925 Navy
- 1926 Navy
- 1927 Penn State
- 1928 Navy
- 1929 Penn State
- 1930 Penn State
- 1931 Navy
- 1932 Penn State
- 1936 Syracuse
- 1937 Washington State
- 1938 (co-champions)
- 1939 Wisconsin
- 1940 Idaho
- 1941 Idaho
- 1942 Wisconsin
- 1943 Wisconsin
- 1947 Wisconsin
- PDF (121 KiB)
- PDF (86 KiB)
- "Penn State Has Won 66 National Team Championships"
- Pre-NCAA Boxing Champions
- Intercollegiate sports team champions
- Collegiate Nationals
- "Doug Moe: 50 years ago, UW athlete’s death ended college boxing". Wisconsin State Journal. April 8, 2010.
- "Penn State Has Won 66 National Team Championships". Retrieved 2010-04-12.
- "COLLEGE RING TITLE WON BY PENN STATE; Victors Take Four Firsts and One Second in Boxing League's First Tourney.". New York Times. March 23, 1924. p. S1. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- "NAVY BOXERS WIN; CAPTURE 4 TITLES; Take Intercollegiate Tourney". New York Times. March 29, 1925. p. S1. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- "Navy Boxers Retain Intercollegiate Title". Reading Eagle. March 28, 1926. p. 19. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- "PENN STATE BOXERS WIN COLLEGE TITLE; Score 22 Points to Navy's 21, Midshipmen Losing Chance by Dropping Extra Bout. EACH GAINS THREE CROWNS Flynn, M.I.T. 160-Pounder, Beaten by Wolff in Final, Later Prevents Navy Victory". New York Times. March 27, 1927. p. S5. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- "NAVY WINS CROWN IN COLLEGE BOXING; Tallies 19 Points, One More Than Penn State, to Capture Team Championship. WOLFF STOPS MAZZOTTE Defends 160-Pound Title, Scoring Knockout in Third--Grant Victor in Extra Round. Grant Wins Title. Levy Collapses at Finish.". New York Times. March 18, 1928. p. 163. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- "PENN STATE BOXERS WIN COLLEGE TITLE; Win 3 Finals for 23 Points as Navy, Second, Gets 13-- Western Maryland 11. WOLFF AGAIN WINS CROWN Penn State Boxer Takes 160 Pound Title 3d Year in Row Only Champion to Survive. EPSTEIN OUTPOINTS FRY Penn State 115-Pounder Scores With Left--Hamas Beats Livoti to Regain Heavyweight Title. Penn State Gets 23 Points. Epstein Is Victor. Fish Defeats Davis.". New York Times. March 24, 1929. p. 177. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- "Minister's Son One of Winners in College Ring". Lewiston Daily Sun. March 24, 1930. p. 6. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- "Penn State Boxers Win Second Straight Intercollegiate Title". Hartford Courant. March 23, 1930. p. C3. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- Nichols, Joseph C. (March 22, 1931). "NAVY'S BOXING TEAM WINS COLLEGE CROWN; Crinkley's Victory in Final Bout Gives Middies Title With Twenty Points. WESTERN MARYLAND SECOND Penn State, Defending Champion, Ties for Third With Syracuse Ringmen. Heavyweight Bout Decisive. BOXING TITLE WON BY NAVAL ACADEMY Drops Rival With Right. M.I.T. Cantain Victor.". New York Times. p. S1. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- "NCAA Discontinued Championships". Retrieved 2010-04-23.