Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas
|Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas|
|Curator||Barbara Adams, Curator of Natural History; Dennis McBride, Curator of Collections & History; Crystal Van Dee, Curator of Manuscripts|
The Nevada State Museum, located at the Las Vegas Springs Preserve, in Las Vegas, Nevada is one of 6 Nevada State Museums operated by the Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs. It is also known as Nevada State Museum & Historical Society. The museum houses items from the development of Las Vegas as well as the natural history of the area.
First location 
Second location 
The museum opened on October 29, in a building completed in 2009 Las Vegas Springs Preserve. The building remained unused for two years as a result of state budget constraints from the 2000 economic slowdown. The new building offeres twice the exhibit space that was available in the old building.
- "Museum on the move". Las Vegas Sun. 13 February 2007. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- "List of Accredited Museums". American Association of Museums. Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- "Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas". Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- "Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas". Nevada Division of Museums and History. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- Ronia Shamona (October 4, 2011). KTNV http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/131040648.html Missing or empty
|title=(help). Retrieved October 25, 2011.