Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas
|Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas|
|Curator||Barbara Adams, Curator of Natural History; Dennis McBride, Curator of Collections & History; Crystal Van Dee, Curator of Manuscripts|
The Nevada State Museum, located at the Las Vegas Springs Preserve, in Las Vegas, Nevada is one of 6 Nevada State Museums operated by the Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs. It is also known as Nevada State Museum & Historical Society. The museum houses items from the development of Las Vegas as well as the natural history of the area.
The museum opened on October 29, in a building completed in 2009 Las Vegas Springs Preserve. The building remained unused for two years as a result of state budget constraints from the 2000 economic slowdown. The new building offeres twice the exhibit space that was available in the old building.
- "Museum on the move". Las Vegas Sun. 13 February 2007. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- "List of Accredited Museums". American Association of Museums. Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- "Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas". Retrieved 2008-09-22.
- "Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas". Nevada Division of Museums and History. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- Ronia Shamona (October 4, 2011). KTNV http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/131040648.html
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved October 25, 2011.