|Genre||Adventure, comedy, martial arts|
|Written by||Motoo Abiko|
|Original run||1964 – 1971|
Ninja Hattori-kun + Ninja Monster Jippou
|Directed by||Shoichi Shimazu|
|Written by||Hisashi Inoue|
|Studio||Hiroki Ogawa (1st season)
Akira Yuyama (2nd season)
|Original run||1966 – 1968|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Fumio Ikeno, Hiroshi Sasagawa|
|Original run||September 28, 1981 – December 25, 1987|
|Ninja Hattori-kun NinxNin Furusato Daisakusen no Maki|
|Released||March 12, 1983|
|NIN×NIN Ninja Hattori-Kun The Movie|
|Directed by||Masayuki Suzuki|
|Produced by||Kazutoshi Wadakura
|Written by||Motoo Abiko
|Music by||Takayuki Hattori|
|Released||August 28, 2004|
|Released||March 5, 1986|
|Anime television series|
|Ninja Hattori-Kun Returns|
|Directed by||Tetsuo Yasumi|
|Produced by||Takahiro Kishimoto
|Written by||Tetsuo Yasumi|
|Music by||Rahul Bhatt|
Cartoon Network Korea
|Original run||May 13, 2013 (Japan) – ongoing|
Ninja Hattori-kun (忍者ハットリくん?) is a manga series created by Motoo Abiko, later adapted into a television drama, an anime series, a video game and a live-action movie. It was remade as a 2013 anime series as a joint venture between India and Japan and is currently on the air in several Asian countries. Spacetoon (NET.) in Television of Indonesia
11-year-old Kenichi Mitsuba is an average kid who goes to secondary school and struggles with his studies, he is very stubborn and is very lazy and therefore always ends up frustrating his parents and teacher. Meanwhile a little ninja named Hattori Kanzo befriends Ken'ichi. Hattori is now a part of the Mitsuba family along with his brother Shinzo, and his ninja dog, Shishi-Maru. Hattori helps Ken'ichi with his problems, and constantly keeps an eye on him, as a good friend. Yumeko is portrayed as Ken'ichi's love interest. Kemumaki, a Koga Ninja and his ninja cat kagekiyo always trouble Ken'ichi. Ken'ichi asks Hattori to take revenge. Although Hattori is a good friend, Ken'ichi sometimes fights with Hattori due to misunderstandings created by Kemumaki. Sometimes Jippou, Togejirou and Tsubame helps him.
- Kanzo Hattori (ハットリ カンゾウ or 服部 貫蔵 Hattori Kanzou?) (voice: Junko Hori, drama actor: Kōtoku Nomura, drama voice: Kazuo Imakura, live-action film actor: Shingo Katori), aka Hattori-kun, is the protagonist of the series, a little ninja. In the Indian (Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and English) versions, Hattori is his first name and his last name (along with Shinzu's) changes between episodes, an inconsistency. He is 11 years old and 40 kg and is 140 centimeters tall. He is the boy who usually contests Kemumaki when he performs mischief. Hattori's main weakness is that he is afraid of frogs and lizards; this often leads him into trouble and becomes helpless. He wears blue coloured ninja robes. He always explains what a good ninja does and what others should also do. His powers can be compared to a master ninja. He also has a strange habit of saying ~degozaru or nin nin after almost every sentence. His girlfriend seems to be Tsubame.
- Shinzo Hattori (ハットリ シンゾウ or 服部 心蔵 Hattori Shinzou?) (voice: Yūko Mita, drama actor: Shigeki Nakajō), aka Shin-chan, is Kanzo's younger brother. However, in the Indian (Tamil, Telegu, Hindi and English) versions, his gender is kept inconsistent, sometimes (correctly) referred to as "he" and sometimes incorrectly (namely the "Ambidexterity" episode) as she. A good point to note is that while Kanzo is referred to as "Hattori", Shinzo is usually called by his first name, where his surname is inconsistent in the Indian (Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and English) versions. He uses weapons made from wood. He is a ninja-in-training who learns to be a good ninja, like Kanzo. He wears red coloured ninja robes. Shinzo seems to have a good heart and sticks to being loyal to his brother and sometimes gets excited when others are excited. Some of the times, Shinzo tricks Hattori to giving him things. He is also known to cry very loudly, which makes people faint. He is also very powerful for his age. He helps Kanzo fight Kemumaki, with his real weapons and control his loud crying (Which immobilizes opponents from attacking) and bites the head of the opponents.
- Shishimaru (獅子丸?) (voiced by Kenichi Ogata) is a ninja dog living with Ken'ichi, who came along with Kanzo Hattori and Shinzo Hattori. He is a casual behaving dog who at times becomes lazy and stubborn. Along with Shinzo,the two of them wind up doing mischief and creating trouble. He has an attack of turning in a fireball when provoked. He also has the ability to change form into any other animal. His fur color is yellow. His ninja mark on his forehead is very important for him as it is an identification of him as a ninja. He loves to eat all kinds of delicious treats, especially a fish sausage, or chocolate roll.
- Kenichi Mitsuba (三葉 ケン一 Mitsuba Kenichi?) (voice: Masako Sugaya, drama actor: Katsumi Takamiya, live-action film actor: Yuri Chinen) is a 10-year-old boy who goes to middle school and is poor in his studies. He likes Yumako, however also Kemumaki is always after her. He also tricks Hattori to help him in any situation. He also does not follow his mother's instructions properly and often gets a severe scolding from his mother.Though he doesn't study well,he has a good habit of helping others. He is always the victim of Kemumaki's mischievous plans. Ever since Kanzo befriended Kenichi, he keeps on addressing him as "Lord Kenichi".
- Tsubame (ツバメ?) (voice: Fuyumi Shiraishi), aka Tsubame-ko, a kunoichi and classmate of Hattori-kun. She likes Hattori and always wishes to marry him. She has a dislike for Kemumaki and Kagekiyo. She wears pink coloured ninja robes. She seems to own a recorder, a clarinet, a flute, a piccolo and a bassoon, five woodwind instruments. She is called as 'Sonam' in the Hindi version.
- Kemuzo Kemumaki (ケムマキ・ケムゾウ Kemumaki Kemuzou?) (voice: Kaneta Kimotsuki, live-action film actor: Gorie) is the antagonist of Ninja Hattori-kun. He is called as 'Amara' in the Indian (Hindi) versions, but retains his name in the Indian English version. He, along with his cat Kagechiyo (Kemuzou), always are the ones who cause trouble. Strength-wise, he has competition with Hattori and Shinzo. He is 11 years old and is shorter than Ken'ichi but a lot more fitter and stronger than him. He competes with Kenichi for Yumeko-chan; however when he uses one of his ninja techniques in order to win, Hattori usually steps in to save the day. He wears green colored ninja robes. Only Kagechiyo, Kenichi and the Kanzo family know about his duel life that he's a ninja like Hattori while he joined Kenichi's school as a normal boy in the middle of the series. His parents' whereabouts are unknown, but his mother is noted several times in the series.
- Kagechiyo (影千代?) (voice: Eiko Yamada, is a talking animal-ninja of the Koga-ryu, Kagechiyo is the helping antagonist in the series. He is called Kiy'yo or Keo in the Indian versions (Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and English). Usually Kemumaki gives a big task in his plans for Kagechiyo to carry out, which he often does not succeed in. This is because he doesn't get enough training from Kemumaki and is seen sleeping on the streets. He is noticed by Hattori several times. He is seen to have a rivalry with Shishimaru. His fur color is black and white. He normally hides in the Mitsuba house to hear Kenichi and his friends' plans and afterwards informs Kemumaki about them, acting more like a communication device. Sometimes he hates Kemumaki for his strictness and imagines living a life of luxury as a normal cat in some episodes. He enjoys eating fish. He obtains an attack of static electricity on rubbing a shining metal plate against his back. If he uses this attack too much, then he feels weak.
- Yumeko Kawai (河合 夢子 Kawai Yumeko?) (voice: Runa Akiyama), aka Yumeko-chan, is the girl who usually causes disputes between Kemumaki Kemuzou and Ken'ichi Mitsuba. She also attends the same middle school as the two, and she is also the one who causes most of the problems of the plot. Most of the time she appears to be confused. Yumeko seems to be in touch with Hattori sometimes. Yumako sees Hattori as a big brother and Shinzo as a little brother. She is also seen to like Kenichi. And sometimes people mistake her relationship with Hattori as a romantic one, though in some episodes they are seen to show romance. She is also known to play piano fairly well and hates bell peppers.
- Aiko-Ma'am (voice: Yōko Kawanami):One of Ken'ichi's teacher. Koike-sensei has a crush on her. The subject she teaches is unknown.
- Hattori Jinchuu (voice: Tadao Futami): Hattori-kun and Shinzo's father. He also appear in Perman, when he fights with Perman 1.
- Jippou (voice: Junpei Takiguchi, drama voice: Hiroko Maruyama): A giant turtle monster ninja.He and Hattori are ninja partners.
- Koike-Sir (voice: Issei Futamata): Ken'ichi's teacher, also appears as a ramen chef in Obake no Q-tarō and sometimes appear as a cameo in Doraemon where he eats ramen. He always scolds Kenichi similar to when Nobita is scolded by his teacher in Doraemon. He is caricatured after animator Shin'ichi Suzuki. He also appears in the cartoon "Biriken" and "Ultra B" as Michio's father.
- Kentaru Mitsuba (voice: Yuzuru Fujimoto, drama actor: Teizō Muta): Kenichi's father. He usually smokes and comes from his office late in the evening. He likes eating and golf a lot. His name is never mentioned in the Indian (Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and English) versions.
Though a rather stout man,in some of the episodes, his size seems to change, going from chubbier to slimmer.
- Amma (voice: Yuri Nishiwa, drama actor: Chiharu Kuri): The mother of Kenichi. She likes Tsubame and thinks that Kemumaki is a good boy. She also appears in an episode of Doraemon, in one of Doraemon's dreams.
- Professor Shinobino (voice: Reizō Nomoto): A professor who lives in America and invented Togejirou.
- Cacto-Chan (voice: Hiroko Maruyama): A cactus having supernatural powers is sent by Professor Shinobino from America. Shisimaru does not like Togejirou and loves to compete with him. In the English and Hindi version, he is called Cactochan (Kak-toe-Chan).
There are five main Locations : Tokyo City, Shinto Temple, Ega Town, Ega Mountains, Koga Valley really
In January 2012, Nikkei announced on its website that a remake of the anime series under production by Shin-Ei Animation and Indian production company Reliance MediaWorks. The announcement was part of a move to produce several remakes of popular anime television series to be broadcast across television stations in the Asian market to counteract Japan's stagnating domestic anime marketplace due to its declining birthrate. The new series began airing in India and Indonesia on May of the same year, as well as in China (unknown month). They are currently not available in English, though dubs have been advertised on TV and feature Indian characters (though minor) such as Anand, who teaches Hattori and his friends cricket.
- Ninja Hattori Kun: Ninja wa Shuugyou Degogiru no Maki game info
- ：日本経済新聞 (in Japanese). Nikkei.com. 2011-10-14. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Ninja Hattori-kun Comedy Anime Gets Remake in India". Anime News Network. 2012-01-14. Retrieved 2012-11-16.