Of Thee I Sing (book)
|Of Thee I Sing|
|Publisher||Knopf Books for Young Readers|
|Publication date||November 16, 2010|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|Preceded by||The Audacity of Hope|
Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters is a children's book by United States President Barack Obama, with illustrations by Loren Long. It is described by the publisher as "a moving tribute to thirteen groundbreaking Americans and the ideals that have shaped our nation." The stories of thirteen Americans are told in the book: George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Neil Armstrong, Sitting Bull, Cesar Chavez, Billie Holiday, Maya Lin, Albert Einstein (who was born in Germany), Georgia O'Keeffe, Jackie Robinson, Helen Keller, and Jane Addams."
The proceeds from the sale of the book will be donated to a scholarship fund for the children of fallen and disabled US service personnel. Obama finished writing the book in 2008, after he was elected but before taking office.
- Kehe, Marjorie (September 14, 2010). "Obama adds a children's book to his publishing credentials". The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Of Thee I Sing by Barack Obama". Random House. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- Spillius, Alex (2010-11-16). "Barack Obama releases children's book Of Thee I Sing". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- Tapper, Jake (September 14, 2010). "New Children's Book Coming from President Obama". ABC News. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- NOVECK, JOCELYN (November 16, 2010). "Now he's really made it! Obama out with kids book". Associated Press. Retrieved 2010-11-17. "Obama actually wrote "Of Thee I Sing" in 2008, after he was elected but before taking office"
|This article about a children's book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|