|Full name||Oleksandr Anatoliyovych Zavarov|
|Date of birth||20 April 1961|
|Place of birth||Luhansk, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|1995–2003||Saint Dizier CO|
|2005||FC Metalist Kharkiv|
|2006–2010||FC Arsenal Kyiv|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Oleksandr Anatoliyovych Zavarov, also spelt Aleksandr Anatoljević Zavarov (Ukrainian: Олександр Анатолійович Заваров) – (born 20 April 1961 in Luhansk, Ukrainian SSR) is a former Ukrainian football midfielder and the former head coach at FC Arsenal Kyiv. In 1986 he was named the best footballer in the USSR and Ukraine and the 6th best footballer in Europe according to France Football. Zavarov is widely regarded to be among the greatest footballers in the history of the USSR and Ukraine, and in 2000 he was included in the Ukrainian Team of The Century according to a poll by the Ukrainsky Futbol weekly.
Zavarov started off his career in his home city of Zorya Luhansk. He played in the USSR Premier League for Zorya Luhansk (1977–79, 1982), SKA Rostov (1980–81). In 1983–88, he played for the Soviet-Ukrainian giants, Dynamo Kyiv, with whom he won the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup in 1985–86, scoring in the final itself. Finally, Zavarov played for Juventus between 1988 and 1990, winning the Coppa Italia and the UEFA Cup.
Zavarov began his coaching career with Saint Dizier CO as a player-coach. He had a short spell as a head coach of FC Wil in 2003–04, however because he lacked the necessary UEFA licence, he was given the position of director of football with the club. He is currently manager of Ukrainian team Arsenal Kyiv.
Awards and honours
- USSR Premier League: 1985, 1986
- USSR Cup: 1981, 1985, 1987
- UEFA Cup Winners Cup: 1985–86
- Coppa Italia: 1989–90
- UEFA Cup: 1989–90
- UEFA European Football Championship (runner-up): 1988
- Individual honours
- Soviet Footballer of the Year: 1986
- Ukrainian Footballer of the Year: 1986
- Ukrainian Team of the Century (poll by “Ukrainsky Futbol”): 2000 
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup 1985–86 top scorer.
- Player profile and statistics at Ukrsoccerhistory.com
- Oleksandr Zavarov career stats by KLISF
- Profile of Zavarov on Arsenal Kiev official site