February 28, 1986 |
Greenwich, Connecticut, U.S.
|Occupation||Socialite, model, actress|
|Home town||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Spouse(s)||Johannes Huebl (m. 2014)|
Olivia Palermo (born February 28, 1986) is an American socialite. In 2009, Palermo came to prominence after being cast in the reality television series The City, which documented the personal and professional lives of Whitney Port and her friends.
The daughter of real estate developer Douglas E. Palermo, who is of Southern Italian descent, and interior designer Lynn Hutchings, Palermo grew up in Greenwich, Connecticut. As a child, she attended Nightingale-Bamford School in New York. Palermo graduated from St. Luke's School in New Canaan, Connecticut where she was on the field hockey team. She attended the American University of Paris for a year and studied media at The New School in New York.
Palermo initially denied rumors in 2008 that she would be a part of The City, a spin-off of MTV's television show The Hills but later confirmed she was a cast member. She agreed to star in the series to familiarize herself with acting. The series debuted on December 29, 2008, and documents the lives of the cast members in New York City. It was reported that Palermo was paid $12,000 per episode at the time. As part of the show, Palermo worked in the PR department for Diane von Furstenberg and later the accessories department at Elle. The second part of the first season debuted in September 2009. She was given a bigger role and more air time. The City returned for a second and final season in 2010, in which Palermo was given reporting duties for Elle.com.
Palermo was signed to Wilhelmina Models in 2009. She has appeared on the cover of magazines including Elle Mexico, Tatler, ASOS Magazine, Shop Til You Drop and Marie Claire UK. She also modeled alongside her husband, Johannes Huebl, for autumn/winter 2010 campaigns by Mango and Hogan. She also launched a jewelry line with Roberta Freymann in 2010 and became the face of the Mediterraneo collection by Spanish jewelry firm Carrera y Carrera. In August 2011, Palermo was invited by Stuart Weitzman to design a shoe for charity. She became a guest editor for Piperlime.com in September of that year and appeared as a guest judge on Project Runway Season 9. In October 2011, Palermo launched her personal website, which consists of a blog about her travels and fashion pieces she writes along with two full-time writers. She also appeared as a guest judge on Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model. Later in 2012, the New York Post revealed Palermo as the best dressed New Yorker of Page Six.
Palermo was recently named the brand ambassador of the 2013 Maasai Project for Pikolinos. Pikolinos supports the endangered Kenyan tribe, Maasai, with a better quality of life. Furthermore, Palermo was named as Chadstone's first Spring Summer 2013 "Icon of Style" and appeared at their "Icons of Style" Spring Summer runway show in Melbourne on August 29, 2013.
In June 2014, Palermo partnered with Shutterfly and Shutterfly by Design. Her goal was to transform a New York townhouse into an exquisite home design experience using modern furnishings, stylish decorative accents, and Shutterfly home decor.
Palermo interned at Quest. Photographer Patrick McMullan spotted her at an auction, then took pictures of her about town. Palermo began taking part in the charity event circuit in New York, becoming a member of the Friends Committee of New Yorkers For Children and joining the committee of Operation Smile. Palermo found herself at the center of a controversy when she was reported to have sent a letter to fellow socialites pleading for acceptance. This letter was published by the social website SocialiteRank.com; Palermo immediately denied the authenticity of the letter and filed a lawsuit against the website. The website was eventually shut down and in May 2007, Palermo appeared on the cover of New York Magazine in a story about the incident.
- Olivia Palermo's Dad Tries for Bankruptcy, Fails - Daily Intelligencer. Nymag.com (December 24, 2013). Retrieved on December 30, 2013.
- DECISION AFTER TRIAL. UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT. SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK. nysb.uscourts.gov
- Asvik, Annabella (July 20, 2008), Living: Socialite Olivia Palermo's Sweet Spot, NYP Holdings, Inc., retrieved November 4, 2009
- Olivia Palermo, Cityfile Inc., retrieved November 4, 2009
- Wilner, Isaiah (May 7, 2007), The Number-One Girl, New York Magazine Holdings LLC, retrieved November 4, 2009
- Gould, Emily (March 6, 2007), Before They Were Sorta Famous: Socialite Olivia Palermo, Gawker, retrieved November 4, 2009
- Dolly Jones (February 10, 2010). "Olivia Palermo biography (Vogue.com UK)". Vogue.co.uk. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- Martin, Denise (March 1, 2009), 'The City': Olivia Palermo says she's disappointed being the villain, Tribune, retrieved November 6, 2009
- Smith, Emily (September 24, 2008), TV Gig for Palermo, NYP Holdings, Inc, retrieved November 5, 2009
- Odell, Amy (February 29, 2012). "Olivia Palermo Becomes a 'Reporter' and Whitney Port Becomes a 'Young Designer' on the New Season of The City! – The Cut". Nymag.com. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- Jessen, Monique (June 23, 2009), Olivia Palermo Joins Wilhelmina Modeling Agency!, Time Inc., retrieved November 5, 2009
- "Naomi Campbell Talks Rehab; Olivia Palermo Is Tatler's 'Girl of the Year' – The Cut". Nymag.com. February 29, 2012. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- "Olivia Palermo's Cover Shoot – Exclusives – Vogue TV (Vogue.com UK)". Vogue.co.uk. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- "Olivia Palermo Is The Ultimate Cover Girl On Three Summer Issues". Style.mtv.com. July 20, 2011. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- Cowles, Charlotte (February 29, 2012). "Olivia Palermo Landed the June Cover of Marie Claire UK – The Cut". Nymag.com. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- Odell, Amy (February 29, 2012). "Olivia Palermo and Her Boyfriend to Star Alongside Scarlett Johansson As the Faces of Mango – The Cut". Nymag.com. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- "Photo: See Olivia Palermo Model For Hogan!". Style.mtv.com. August 23, 2010. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- Roberta by Olivia Palermo August 17, 2010
- Jul 29, 2011 @ 1:00 pm (July 29, 2011). "Lady Gaga – Olivia Palermo – Carrera y Carrera : InStyle.com What's Right Now". News.instyle.com. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- ELLE (August 17, 2011). "Olivia Palermo Has Shoe Talent". Fashion.elle.com. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- [dead link]
- Who is Olivia Palermo, the NY fashionista cutting the ribbon for Liverpool’s Harvey Nicks?. Liverpool Echo (November 7, 2012). Retrieved on December 30, 2013.
- ExposedZippers (October 17, 2011). "Olivia Palermo". exposedzippers. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- "Flashback 2012: Olivia Palermo Named Page Six’s Best Dressed New Yorker | Oregon Prep & Liberal." Oregon Prep & Liberal. Web. Feb 8, 2014.
- "Olivia Palermo dolls it up - New York Post." YouTube. Web. Feb 8, 2014.
- Pikolinos: Maasai. Maasai.pikolinos.com. Retrieved on December 30, 2013.
- [dead link]
- Diderich, Joelle (February 20, 2014). "Olivia Palermo in Town for Milan Fashion Week". WWD. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- "Shutterfly by Design".
- Andrea Billups (January 1, 2014). "Olivia Palermo and Johannes Huebl Get Engaged in St. Barts". People.com. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
- Iona Kirby (June 29, 2014). "Just married! Olivia Palermo makes a beautiful bride as she weds Johannes Huebl in intimate civil ceremony". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Olivia Palermo.|