Pork Pie Percussion
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
Pork Pie Percussion is a drum company started in 1987 by Bill Detamore. Pork Pie's motto is "Made by an American."
In 1987, Bill Detamore started making drums as a hobby. This hobby quickly evolved into a full service drum company. Each drum is signed by Bill Detamore with the date it was made. Pork Pie drums are made by hand in Canoga Park, California.
Recently, Pork Pie has introduced the Little Squealer line, the Piglite acrylic line and the Big Black Brass snare drums. The Big Black Brass drum as well as the Little Squealers are made in Taiwan. Piglite drums are made in California. The Little Squealer line has grown from one snare drum to a 4 piece drumset and 4 assorted snare drums.
In addition to drum manufacturing, Pork Pie also offers a complete line of services that include drum restoration, customizing, and refinishing. Bill Detamore has done customizing for many big bands from Van Halen to Yes and Fleetwood Mac to Framing The Red, Marilyn Manson, Blink 182 and Guns N' Roses.
Pork Pie offers three types of drumsets. The Little Squealer line is a mid line drum that is made in Taiwan. The Piglite line are acrylic shelled drums hand-crafted in California. Everything else is hand-crafted and made-to-order.
- Alex Vesper of DJ Bobo/lena/Musikmachen.de
- Matt Hayward of Band of Skulls
- Keith Hanson of The House Harkonnen
- Marky Ramone of The Ramones
- Frank Ferrer of Guns N' Roses
- Butch Norton of The Eels
- Byron McMackin of Pennywise
- Eric Green of Twenty Minutes To Vegas
- Scott Raynor of Blink-182
- William Fish of Framing the Red
- Rory Koff of No Use For a Name
- Jevin Kaye of Much The Same
- Damon DeLaPaz of Fenix TX, Ape Machine, Demasiado
- http://www.porkpiedrums.com/ Company Home Page
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|