R U the Girl
|R U the Girl|
|Directed by||Tony Sacco|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||9|
|Executive producer(s)||Jay Blumenfield
Sean M. Kelly
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original run||July 27, 2005 – September 21, 2005|
R U the Girl is an American reality series that aired on UPN in 2005. The series featured the remaining members of the all-girl R&B group TLC whose former member, Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, died in a car crash in Honduras on April 25, 2002. Initially promoted as a contest to permanently replace Lopes 3 years after her death by TLC themselves, both Watkins and Thomas admitted that the winner of the contest would not be joining TLC full-time and would not be a full-time replacement member; the winner would only provide guest vocals on a new single by the duo.
The casting tour for the series began on February 5, 2005 in Los Angeles, with tour stops in New York City, Chicago, Dallas, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, and Miami. After the semifinalists were selected, they were each judged on their ability to sing by the remaining TLC members Tionne Watkins and Rozonda Thomas.
The program aired nine episodes, with seven episodes being the main episodes, the eighth episode being an overview of the series and original TLC's home videos, and the ninth being the series finale. The episode's names are also puns based on TLC's songs. The finale episode was aired live and featured the final two contestants O'so Krispie and Mirrah. O'so Krispie' (Tiffany Baker), a 20-year-old choreographer from Atlanta, was ultimately chosen as the winner and performed the single "I Bet" with Watkins and Thomas on the series finale.
|Episode #||Episode title||Original airdate|
|1-1||"No Scrubs in New York"||July 27, 2005|
|1-2||"T-Boz & Chilli Get CrazySexyCool in Miami"||August 3, 2005|
|1-3||"Baby-Baby-Baby, We're in Los Angeles"||August 10, 2005|
|1-4||" What About Your Friends in Atlanta?"||August 17, 2005|
|1-5||"Whoop De Whoo, It's Girl Talk"||August 24, 2005|
|1-6||"Unpretty No More"||August 31, 2005|
|1-7||"Chasin' Waterfalls"||September 7, 2005|
|1-8||" Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg for More"||September 14, 2005|
|1-9||"You are the Girl"||September 21, 2005|
- Levitan, Corey (2005-07-22). "TLC Will Not Be Three". rollingstone.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Rogers, Steve (2005-01-31). "UPN's 'R U The Girl With T-Boz & Chilli' begins casting call tour". realitytvworld.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Gallo, Phil (2005-07-26). "R U the Girl With T-Boz & Chilli". variety.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Newell, Stefanie. "Mirrah: An Interview with Mirrah from UPN's R U The Girl with T-Boz and Chili". unratedmagazine.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "O'SO KRISPIE IS CHOSEN AS THE GIRL IN "R U THE GIRL WITH T-BOZ & CHILLI"". thefutoncritic.com. 2005-02-09. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
|This article relating to reality television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|