Richmond, The American International University in London
|Richmond, The American International University in London|
|Motto||Unity in Diversity|
|Established||1972 (The original Richmond College, University of London, was founded in 1843)|
|Chairman||Mr. A. Michael Hoffman|
|Chancellor||Sir Cyril Taylor|
|President||Dr. John Annette|
|Provost||Prof. Phil Deans|
|Location||London, England, UK|
|Campus||London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, Kensington|
Richmond, The American International University in London is a private, liberal arts and professional studies university established in 1972 in Richmond, London. The university's degrees are accredited in the USA by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, and are validated in the UK by the Open University Validation Services (OUVS).
The university is split between two campuses, both in the Greater London area: the Richmond campus, located near the crest of Richmond Hill and approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) from Richmond station, and the Kensington campus, located at a point equidistant between Kensington High Street and Cromwell Road. The Richmond campus is the primary residence of undergraduate students, especially freshman who have just enrolled at the university; its facade is a major symbol of the school and appears on almost all promotional literature. The school's headquarters and admissions department are also located here. The Kensington campus, in reality, is a closely grouped set of buildings rather than a campus. It is where many of the upper-level undergraduate students reside. Both campuses are reasonably close to London Underground stations and the Richmond campus is served by the London Buses 371 route. Access to the town of Kingston can be made using this route.
Institutions that have degree-awarding powers in the UK are known as "recognized bodies". There are also "listed bodies" which do not have degree awarding powers but provide complete courses leading to recognized UK degrees, validated by institutions which have degree-awarding powers. The Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills has Richmond University as a "listed body". The degrees granted at Richmond are validated by the Open University Validation Services.
Richmond is accredited in America by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. Richmond is licensed to award Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, and the Master of Business Administration degrees by the Department of Education in the State of Delaware. Its awards in the United Kingdom are overseen by the Open University, which is a Recognised body.
- "Board of Trustees (Richmond website)".
- "View all Faculty(Richmond website)".
- "Admissions FAQ (Richmond website)".
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- Open University Validation Services Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- "About UK degree awarding institutions". Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- Listed Bodies. UK Department for Universities, Innovation and Skills. Accessed April 27, 2008
- Open University Validation Services, Open University
- http://www.msche.org/documents/SAS/377/Statement%20of%20Accreditation%20Status.htm Statement of Accreditation
- Institution Directory, Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Accessed April 27, 2008
- Richmond, the American International University in London
- Open University Validation Services : OU Approved Institutions
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richmond, The American International University in London.|