Harold Valentine Ross Robertson QSO (known as Ross Robertson) (born 22 May 1949) is a New Zealand politician for the Labour Party. He was a Member of Parliament from 1987 until his retirement in 2014. He currently serves as President of Parliamentarians for Global Action.
Member of Parliament
|Parliament of New Zealand|
Robertson was first elected to Parliament in the 1987 election, representing Papatoetoe. Since the 1996 elections, when the Papatoetoe seat was abolished, Robertson has represented the seat of Manukau East. In the Fifth Labour Government of New Zealand he was an assistant speaker, able to preside when any of the other presiding officers are unavailable.
On 6 June 2013 Robertson announced that he would retire from Parliament in order to pursue a career in local body politics.
- "About Us - Who's Who". Parliamentarians for Global Action. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- Temple, Philip (1994). Temple’s Guide to the 44th New Zealand Parliament. Dunedin: McIndoe Publishers. p. 80. ISBN 0 86868 159 8.
- "Ross Robertson". New Zealand Parliament. 15 August 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "MP reported tinnie house next door to his office". The New Zealand Herald (APN News & Media). 10 April 2006. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
- Shuttleworth, Kate (6 June 2013). "Labour MP Ross Robertson retires from Parliament". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "New Year honours list 2015". Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 31 December 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2015.