||This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007)
Sanofi Pasteur is the vaccines division of sanofi Group. It is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to vaccines.
In 2004, Aventis merged with and into Sanofi. The new sanofi-aventis Group became the world's 3rd largest pharmaceutical company. Aventis Pasteur, the vaccine division of sanofi-aventis Group, changed its name to sanofi pasteur.
- 1897: Marcel Mérieux creates the Mérieux Biological Institute in Lyon. Richard Slee creates the Pocono Biological Laboratories, in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania in the U.S.
- 1914: John FitzGerald creates Connaught Laboratories, part of the University of Toronto.
- 1968: Rhône-Poulenc acquires 51% of the capital of the Institut Mérieux.
- 1974: Pasteur Institute creates Pasteur Production, a subsidiary specializing in manufacturing vaccines.
- 1978: Connaught Laboratories in Canada acquires the vaccine manufacturing facility (Merrell-National Laboratories) at Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- 1985: Pasteur Production is acquired by the Mérieux Institute, and Pasteur Vaccins is created
- 1989: The Mérieux Institute acquires the Connaught Laboratories in Canada and its subsidiaries and becomes a world leader in human biology
- 1990: Creation of Pasteur Mérieux Serums & Vaccins.
- 1994: Pasteur Mérieux Sérums & Vaccins becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of Rhône-Poulenc.
- 1996: Pasteur Mérieux Connaught is the new name of Pasteur Mérieux Serums et Vaccins.
- 1999: Rhône-Poulenc and Hoechst unite their Life Sciences activities in a single company, which takes on the name Aventis. Within this group, Pasteur Mérieux Connaught changes its name to Aventis Pasteur.
- 2004: merger of Aventis with and into Sanofi. The new sanofi-aventis Group becomes the world's 3rd largest pharmaceutical company, behind Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline. Aventis Pasteur, the vaccine division of the sanofi-aventis Group, changes its name to sanofi pasteur.
- 2008: Sanofi Pasteur acquires Acambis plc, a biotech company.
- 2009: Sanofi Pasteur acquires major stake in Hyderabad-based Shantha Biotechnics, which has been valued at euro 550 million (over Rs 3,770 crore).
- 2013: Sanofi Pasteur admits in a statement to British newspaper The Daily Telegraph that its yellow fever vaccine Stamaril (YF-VAX in the U.S.) can make people mentally ill. 
Key facts & figures in 2009
- Sanofi pasteur - 2009 net sales: € 3,483 millions (+9.2% over 2008)
- Staff: more than 12,500 employees
- More than 1.6 billion doses of vaccines produced yearly to immunize more than 500 million people in the world
- Largest product range available, against 20 infectious diseases
- A global presence
- More than €1 million invested every day in R&D
- Headquarters: Lyon, France
- Canadian Manufacturing Site: Toronto, Ontario
- US Manufacturing Site: Swiftwater, PA
- 3 new facilities under construction in Ocoyoacac, Mexico; Neuville, France and Shenzhen, China
- TheraCys - bladder cancer 
- ADACEL (Tdap) - diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis 
- DAPTACEL (DTaP) - diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis 
- Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids Adsorbed USP, diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis 
- Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed - diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis 
- TriHIBit (DTaP/Hib Booster Use) - diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis and haemophilus influenzae type b 
- Tripedia (DTaP vaccine) - diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis 
- ActHIB - haemophilus influenzae type b 
- Fluzone, Influenza Virus Vaccine - influenza 
- Fluzone, Influenza Virus Vaccine, No Preservative - influenza 
- Fluzone, Influenza Virus Vaccine, No Preservative: Ped Dose - influenza 
- Menactra - meningococcal 
- In 2011, Menactra became the first meningococcal vaccine approved for use in infants.
- Menomune-A/C/Y/W-135 - meningococcal 
- IPOL - Polio 
- Imogam Rabies-HT - rabies immune globulin 
- IMOVAX RABIES - rabies 
- DECAVAC - tetanus and diphtheria 
- Tetanus Toxoid Adsorbed - tetanus 
- Tetanus Toxoid For Booster Use Only - tetanus 
- JE-VAX - Japanese encephalitis virus 
- Typhim Vi - typhoid fever 
- YF-VAX - yellow fever 
- Tubersol - tuberculosis