|Birth name||Markese Rolle|
|Born||April 1, 1991|
|Genres||Southern hip hop|
|Associated acts||Raider Klan, ASAP Rocky, Gangsta Boo|
Markese Rolle (born April 1, 1991), better known by his stage name SpaceGhostPurrp, and, more recently, simply "Purrp", is an American rapper and producer from Miami, Florida, and is the founder of the hip hop group Raider Klan (stylized RVIDXR KLVN). SpaceGhostPurrp currently records for 4AD Records. He gathered a following in the underground hip hop scene through mixtapes, producing, and his work with ASAP Mob. He has produced tracks for Wiz Khalifa, ASAP Rocky, Juicy J and Project Pat. On June 12, 2012, his debut album was released, which was titled Mysterious Phonk: Chronicles of SpaceGhostPurrp.
Early life and career beginnings
SpaceGhostPurrp was born Markese Rolle on April 1, 1991, in Carol City, Florida, in Uptown Miami. He began rapping at age 7 and producing at age 13, attended Silver Trail Middle School in Pembroke Pines and Everglades High School in Miramar. He began skateboarding frequently in high school and later on decided that he wanted to pursue a career in music and worked to graduate from high school early. His early music releases on YouTube were stylized under the moniker "Muney Jordan", and "MJ23" (in reference to Michael Jordan and his jersey number).
SpaceGhostPurrp signed his first record deal with British indie label 4AD and began remixing tracks from his earlier mix tapes in early 2012. All of his songs feature beat production by himself with many samples, such as train whistles, female porn stars, and drops from the soundtrack of the Mortal Kombat video game series. In addition to his own songs, he also produces beats for other artists (mostly those in the Raider Klan), but has made beats for other people as well. He produced one track titled T.A.P. for Taylor Allderdice, a mix tape by Wiz Khalifa as well as 2 tracks for ASAP Rocky: Keep it G, Pretty Flacko. His debut album, titled Mysterious Phonk: Chronicles of SpaceGhostPurrp, was released on June 12, 2012, and consists of mostly remixed tracks from previous mixtapes. He occasionally works with rapper Juicy J and has produced a number of tracks from Juicy J's "Blue Dream and Lean". He also guest stars on Juicy J's "Deez Bitches Rollin" with rapper fellow Speakz. SpaceGhostPurrp also featured on Domo Genesis's & The Alchemist's debut collaboration album "No Idols" on the track "Daily News" (also featuring Earl Sweatshirt & Action Bronson), as well as Freddie Gibbs' "Kush Cloud" along with Krayzie Bone. As of late he has had a rivalry with ASAP Rocky over an altercation with one of the members with ASAP Mob and the Raiders Klan.
SpaceGhostPurrp revealed in an interview  that there is an upcoming project between him and rap group Odd Future, which has supported him by playing his music at shows since he released the mixtape Blvcklvnd Rvdix 66.6. SpaceGhostPurrp also revealed that along with Odd Future, hip-hop legend GZA of Wu-Tang Clan has asked him for beats, as well as rappers Smoke DZA and Mac Miller.
On July 16, 2012, SpaceGhostPurrp began his first tour with hardcore punk band Trash Talk. The mini-tour lasted July 16 to 23—performing four shows in California, one in Oregon, and two in Washington. His song "The Black God" was named #46 on their 50 best songs of 2012 list. He also performed in Miami during Ultra Music Festival on March 17, 2013 alongside fellow Raider Klan members Yung Simmie and Klan Rico.
On January 19th, 2014, SpaceGhostPurrp released a compilation project titled 58 Blunts Of Purrp, which was intended for new fans, consisting entirely of previously released tracks.
On February 28th, 2014, Purrp released an 18-track mixtape titled BMW 2: Intoxxxicated, which included no features and was accompanied by the following disclaimer: "BMW 2 is an R&B mixtape, it's not rap music. All these songs are R&B songs, bruh - they just dark. SpaceGhostPurrp is a dark R&B / rock artist, I am not a rapper. R&B can have lyrics involved in it too. All of my songs are R&B and rock music combined. My music is not hip-hop or rap."
Raider Klan Mafia or Blackland Raider Klan (BRK) is an underground rap group started by SpaceGhostPurrp. Raider Klan, often stylized as RVIDXR KLVN using what SpaceGhostPurrp calls Raider hieroglyphics, uses a logo design that is an appropriation of the Oakland Raiders logo. SpaceGhostPurrp has announced that Raider Klan clothing line will be released soon. In January 2013 it was announced that Raider Klan would be performing at the 2013 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. As of May 2013 the raider hieroglyphics have been discontinued by SpaceGhostPurrp himself.
SpaceGhostPurrp has listed many artists as an influence, which include Kanye West, Wiz Khalifa, Gucci Mane, 1017 Brick Squad, Three 6 Mafia, UGK, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Eazy-E, Tupac, and DJ Screw.
He has collaborated with most of his influences, namely Juicy J on his mixtape "Blue Dream & Lean" released in 2012. Spaceghostpurrp often attributes his dark "phonk" sound to the sometimes dangerous and violent environment he grew up around in Carol City which he refers to as "Blackland", linking it with his references to "hell", and the 666 symbology in his critically acclaimed mixtape "Blackland Radio 66.6". He as well as other Raider Klan members have made references to the shooting of Trayvon Martin, he made a tribute song titled "No Evidence" which was released on his album "Mysterious Phonk: The Chronicles of SpaceGhostPurrp" which was distributed with his 4AD record deal.
- Mysterious Phonk: The Chronicles of SpaceGhostPurrp (2012)
- Tales From The Underground (w/ Raider Klan) (2013)
- NASA The Mixtape (2010)
- Blvcklvnd Rvdix 66.6 (1991) (2011)
- GOD OF BLACK | GXX XX BXXXK EP Vol. 1 (2012)
- BMW (Black Man's Wealth) EP (2012)
- The Winter's Mine (2013)
- BMW 2: IntoXXXicated (2014)
- Lost Tapes 1991–93 (2010)
- Lost Tapes 1994–96 (2010)
- Lost Tapes 1997–2000 (2011)
- RVIDXXR KLVN Presents : 2.7.5. Greatest Hits Vol.1 (w/ Raider Klan) (2012)
- BLACK MONEY WORLD BRK Greatest Hits Vol.2 : Collector's Edition (w/ Raider Klan) (2013)
- Best Of S.G.P. : Sizzurp Tape (2013)
- 58 Blunts of Purrp (2014)
|"Purple Swag: Chapter 2"||2011||ASAP Rocky featuring ASAP Nast||Live. Love. ASAP|
|"Keep it G"||ASAP Rocky featuring Chace Infinite|
|"Real Hustler's Don't Sleep"||Juicy J featuring ASAP Rocky||Blue Dream And Lean|
|"Deez Bitches Rollin'"||Juicy J featuring Speak!|
|"Bang"||KGB featuring Speak!||N/A|
|"Raider Klan Phonk"||2012||Denzel Curry featuring Ruben Slikk||King Of The Mischievous South Vol. 1 Underground Tape 1996|
|"Phantazm 96"||Denzel Curry|
|"Slap a Fat Bitch"||Propr Boyz||PRXPR BXYZ|
|"Way Back"||Speak!||Inside Out Boy|
|"Mink Rug"||Metro Zu||Mink Rug|
|"Vagina Detanta (Remix)"||O'Grime featuring Denzel Curry||Pearl Necklace: Bonus Tracks|
|"Daily News"||Domo Genesis & The Alchemist featuring Action Bronson and Earl Sweatshirt||No Idols|
|"Kush Cloud"||Freddie Gibbs featuring Krayzie Bone||Baby Face Killa|
|"Roaches (Remix)"||Mayday featuring Cyhi Da Prynce||Smash And Grab|
|"Black Paradise"||2013||Skip Rage||Rowdy Babes & Cold Beer|
|"Counted"||Robb Bank$||Tha City|
|"Florida Nigga Mentality"||Yung Simmie||Basement Musik The Mixtape|
|"Know Bout Me"||Dough Dough||Century Of A Raider|
|"Disrespect"||Yung Simmie||Shut Up And Vibe Vol|
|"Flexin"||Robb Bank$ featuring Neva Bitch and Yung Lean||N/A|
|"Murder on My Mind"||Da Mafia 6ix featuring Krayzie Bone and Bizzy Bone||6ix Commandments|
|"Mackin N Hangin"||2014||Nell||Vice City|
- SpaceGhostPurrp. 4AD. Retrieved on November 4, 2013.
- Fri, Crossfade. (June 8, 2012) Best of Miami 2012 – Best Solo Musician: SpaceGhostPurrp. Blogs.miaminewtimes.com. Retrieved on November 4, 2013.
- 18. SpaceGhostPurrp — The 25 Best Rappers 25 And Under. Complex (June 14, 2012). Retrieved on November 4, 2013.
- "ASAP Rocky vs. SpaceGhostPurrp". June 29, 2012. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "Act Like U Know: SpaceGhostPurrp". March 22, 2012. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Thrasher Exclusive: Interview with SpaceGhostPurrp as SXSW". March 29, 2012. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "SpaceGhostPurrp talks new sound, new album". June 18, 2012. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- "SpaceGhostPurrp x Atrilli Interview". June 15, 2012. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- 46. SpaceGhostPurrp "The Black God" — The 50 Best Songs of 2012. Complex (December 11, 2012). Retrieved on November 4, 2013.
- SpaceGhostPurrp Talks Drugs: "That Molly Strong As Hell". YouTube. Retrieved on November 4, 2013.
- "SpaceGhostPurrp X A Trilli interview". June 15, 2012. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Check Out the 2013 Coachella Lineup. Complex (January 25, 2013). Retrieved on November 4, 2013.
- "SpaceGhostPurrp Talks 4AD Signing, Cee-Lo Collaboration". March 26, 2012. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- "SpaceGhostPurrp". Retrieved June 29, 2012.