|Elevation||819 m (2,687 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Srinivasapura is located at  It has an average elevation of 819 metres (2,687 ft)..
Srinivasapura is one among the five taluks of Kolar district. The taluk headquarters is at a distance of 24 km from the district headquarters and 90 km from Bangalore. The taluk is bound by Kolar, Mulbagal taluks of Kolar district & Chintamani taluk of Chikkaballapura district as well as Cuddapah district of Andhra Pradesh. The geographical area of the taluk is 860 square kilometers.
The nearest towns from Srinivasapura are Chintamani, Mulbagal, Kurudumale (World's Biggest Ganapathi temple), Kolar, Gownipally, Madanapalli, Punganur (Andhra Pradesh), Chembakur (Andhra Pradesh), Berangi Kottakota (Andhra Pradesh).
The gravelly soil region is found in parts of this taluk which are useful for growing groundnut, ragi and pulses. Tomato is also a commercial crop grown in Srinivaspur.
There are no perennial rivers in the taluk. However, Kushavati stream which is a tributary to Papaghni river flows in the taluk.
Climate is dry and hot during summer in Srinivasapura taluk. Its average rainfall is 722 mm. which is slightly below the district’s average rainfall. On an average the taluk receives rains on 55 days in a year
Present MLA of Srinivaspur is Mr.K R Ramesh Kumar (2013) from Congress Party, Ex speaker of Karnataka Assembly. The taluk is further divided into five hobblies, viz. Srinivasapura, Ronur, Nelavanki, Rayalpad & Yeldur. According to hobblies, Rayalpad is pretty famous. There are 296 inhabited villages with one town. Srinivasapura town is the Taluk Headquarters. All the taluk administration lies with the taluk panchayat for the implementation of developmental schemes and their progress. Education system has improved pretty well in the past ten years. A block education officer named Mr. C. Anjaneya Reddy improved the Education System in Srinivaspur. He was known to be an honest and efficient officer during his period.
Executive Officer, Taluk Panchayat looks after the administration. He reports the progress of the implementation of developmental to the Chief Executive Officer, Zilla Panchayat.
ಗಣಕೀಕರಣ ಯೋಜನೆಗಳು :
Srinivasapura TMC goes to online under Karnataka Municipal Reforms Project. Mainly Birth & Death, Helpline(PGR), Website, Finance(FBAAS).
ಜನನ-ಮರಣ ಗಣಕೀಕರಣ :ಜನನ-ಮರಣ ಧಾಖಲೆಗಳು ದಿನಾಂಕ : 23-05-2010 ರಂದು ಆನ್ ಲೈನ್ ಗೊಂಡಿದ್ದು, ಪುರಸಭೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಲಭ್ಯವಿರುವ 1991 ರಿಂದ ಪ್ರಸಕ್ತ ಸಾಲಿನವರೆಗಿನ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ದಾಖಲೆಗಳನ್ನು ಗಣಕೀಕರಣಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕರು ಪುರಸಭೆಯ ವೆಬ್ ಸೈಟ್ ನ ಮೂಲಕ ದಾಖಲಾತಿಗಳನ್ನು ಪರಿಶೀಲಿಸಬಹುದು. ಅಧಿಕೃತ ಅಂತರ್ಜಾಲ : www.srinivasapuratown.gov.in. ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕ ದೂರು ನಿವಾರಣಾ ಕೇಂದ್ರ :ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕ ದೂರು ನಿವಾರಣಾ ಕೇಂದ್ರವು ದಿನಾಂಕ : 21-01-2009 ರಂದು ಆನ್ ಲೈನ್ ಗೊಂಡಿದ್ದು, ವಾರದ 7 ದಿನಗಳು ಬೆಳಿಗ್ಗೆ ಗಂ. 8-00 ರಿಂದ ರಾತ್ರಿ ಗಂ. 8-00 ರ ತನಕ ಕಾರ್ಯನಿರ್ವಹಿಸುತ್ತದೆ. ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕರು ಪತ್ರ, ದೂರವಾಣಿ, ಆನ್ಲೈನ್ ಮೂಲಕ ದೂರುಗಳನ್ನು ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಬಹುದು. ದೂರವಾಣಿ : 08157-245002, ಅಧಿಕೃತ ಅಂತರ್ಜಾಲ : www.srinivasapuratown.gov.in. ಆಸ್ತಿ ತೆರಿಗೆ ಯೋಜನೆ : ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಯು ಪ್ರಗತಿಯಲ್ಲಿದ್ದು, ಈಗಾಗಲೇ 23 ವಾರ್ಡ್ ( 36 ಬ್ಲಾಕ್ ) ಗಳ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಆಸ್ತಿಗಳ ಸರ್ವೆ ಮತ್ತು ಆಸ್ತಿಗಳ ಗಣಕೀಕರಣ ಮುಗಿಸಿ ಡಾಟಾವನ್ನು ಪೌರ ಸುಧಾರಣಾ ಕೋಶಕ್ಕೆ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಸದ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿಯೇ ಆನ್ ಲೈನ್ ಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಗುವುದು. ಸ್ಥಳೀಯ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ವೆಬ್ಸೈಟ್ :ಶ್ರೀನಿವಾಸಪುರ ಪುರಸಭೆ ಅಧಿಕೃತ ಅಂತರ್ಜಾಲ : www.srinivasapuratown.gov.in ಕೆ.ಎಂ.ಆರ್.ಪಿ. ಯೋಜನೆಯಡಿ ಸ್ಥಾಪಿತಗೊಂಡಿದ್ದು, ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕರಿಗೆ ಬೇಕಾದ ಕಚೇರಿ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಮಾಹಿತಿಗಳನ್ನು ಅಂತರ್ಜಾಲದ ಮೂಲಕ ಪಡೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳಬಹುದು.
The name Srinivasapura is coined out of Lord Sri, (Lord Vishnu). There is a belief that this town was once crossed by Lord Vishnu and he stayed here for some-time. Hence, this place was named as Srinivasapur (meaning the place 'Sri' or Lord Vishnu lived). Earlier the place is also called by the name Vanavasapura. The original name of this town was Papanapalli, a small village, the remnant village culture of the papanapalli can be seen in the pathapeta, an area to the south of the town. Bangalore.
As of 2001[update] India census, Srinivasapura had a population of 22,926. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Srinivasapura has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68%, and female literacy is 58%. In Srinivasapura, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Distance from major cities/towns
- 95 km from Bangalore
- 26 km from Kolar
- 30 km from Mulbagal
- 19 km from Chintamani
- 49 km from Madanapalle (AP)
- 44 km from Punganur (AP)
- Govt PU College for Boys Srinivasapura.
- Govt PU College for Girls, Srinivasapura.
- Govt High School, Arikunte, srinivaspur taluk
- Sri Byraveshwara Vidya Nikethana(School for social service),Byrapalli, Srinivasapura.
- Shailendra Vidya Mandira(oldest private school), srinivasapura.
- Govt First Grade College, Srinivasapura.
- Ramakrishna polytechnic college, srinivasapura.
- Sri Venu Vidya Samasthe Srinivasapura
- Shreyas DEd College, kethagananahalli
- Sri Byraveshwara DEd college, Byrapalli
- Sri Satyasai DEd College, Srinivasapura.
- Al Ameen School, srinivaspur
- rama krishna polytechnic,srinivaspur
- Bharat IAS and KAS Coaching Institutes Bangalore
- National High school, Yeldur, Founder Dr. H Narasimaih, educationlist, this a one of National High schools, Basavanagudi, Bangalore
- Neel Bagh, Srinivasapur - was a school established by David Horsburgh. The school was formed in 1972 and closed very briefly in 1987. Subsequently, its management was handed over to the Krishnamurti Foundation. Neel Bagh introduced activity-based learning. The United Nations International School has the largest Neel Bagh Club.
- Adarsha Vidyalaya,Sarojini road,srinivsapura
- sri nakshthra roopini vidya mandira kulgurki, srinivaspur [t],somayajalahalli [panchayath]
- moraji desai madari vasathi school,somayajalahalli
- govt pu college somayajalahalli
- Horticulture is the major commercial, manual laboured, occupation oriented towards cultivation of mangoes and is the only place in the world where we can find all 63 species of Mangoes. Srinivasapura taluk first in mango production in Karnataka State. Mangoes are marketed throughout India and few varieties are exported, which is why Srinivaspur is called the Mango City of Karnataka.
- Milk and silk production are the other forms of agricultural practices. So rearing of milk animals and sericulture makes Kolar district the land of milk and silk .
- There are many horticultural nurseries supporting the taluk. Few among the famous horticultural nurseries are: Shiva Nursery Garden ( recognised by govt. Of karanataka dept.of horticulture) is the famous nursery since from 1970 they have own nursery in 50 acres https://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en&client=safari&ie=UTF-8&q=google+maps+shiva+nursery+garden+kolar&fb=1&gl=in&hq=google+maps+shiva+nursery+garden+kolar&hnear=google+maps+shiva+nursery+garden+kolar&cid=0,0,4570107536550075443&ei=A16uULu3O5HyrQfztoFA&ved=0CIkBEPwSMAM and Chowdeshwari Horticultural Nursery.
- Shri Shaneswara swamy Temple Punganur
- Neelattur sitarama swamy temple.
- Sri Venugopala swamy Temple (Mattakannasandra) Srinivasapura Taluk.
- Sri Baayikonda Gangamma Temple (Mattakannasandra) Srinivasapura Taluk.
- Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple (Mattakannasandra) Srinivasapura Taluk.
- Sri Naagavenamma Temple (Chenaiahgarapalli).
- Sri Panjooramma Temple, Byraganipalli village, Srinivasapura Taluk
- Sri Lakmshi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Halepete, Srinivasapura Town
- Sri Gangamma Temple,CHAKKARLAHALLI, Srinivaspur Taluk
- Sri Rama tempal, muddepalli village, pulagorakote post, srinivasapura taluk
- Sri Sridevi Bhudevi Sametha Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple,Nagadenahalli,Punganoor Road Srinivasapur Taluk
- Sri Prasan Anjaneya Swamy & Lakshminarayan Swamy Temple,Nehru Road srinivaspur
- Sri shaneshwara Swamy Temple,kummagunte Punganur Cross'every year is carried Bramrathostavam
- 'Sri Venugopalaswami Temple,Kummagunte.Trusty K.B.Venkatareddy(reddory)kummagunte
- Ronur- Sri Venkateshwara swmy temple, which has history dating back to many centuries, Here every year is carried on very grandly to which thousands of devoties flood in
- Sri Satyamambha Devi Temple, Jonnapalli, Pulagurakote Panchayat
- Yeldur- Sri kodandaramaswamy temple Built by Cholas every year is carried Bramotsavam's for 10 days
- Addagal_kambalapally-Sri chowdeshwari temple
- Sri Varada Balanjanaya Swamy Temple,Maruthi Nagar.
- Sri Jesta Devi Sametha Shani Mahatma Swamy Temple, Sri Byraveshwara Temple (Punganur Cross)
- Arikere-naganateshwara temple,which has a history of 1000 Years,here every year during shiva ratri poojas will be held grandly
- Arikere-kodandaramaswamy temple,which has a history of 400 years,this is under reconstruction By ex zillapanchayat member RAJANNA.
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple and Sri Someshwara swamy Temples in Thadigol are historical temples Located in Chinthamani-Madanapally Route (Bangalore to madanapally road)
- Sri someswara temple Dimbala Ronur mandala having history of Chola vamsa
- Sri Lakmshi Narayana Swamy Temple, Imarakunte - a very ancient temple
- Sri Lahmi Naarasimha Swamy Temple, a recently built temple at Imarakunte.
- Sri Bala Anjaneya Temple, Dasara Thimmanahalli
- Sri Someshwara Swamy Temple, Nambihalli, -Very Anicent Temple from the history of Chola Kingdom
- Kolathur Someshwar Temple (Eeeshwarana gudi),famous for biggest shiva linga in that area. Temple renovated recently, added New appappa temple for devotees and Arali katte.
- Nagadenahalli Sri Venugopala Swami Temple
- Sri Lakshmi Nrusimma Temle Dwarasandra,Srinivasapura—Chintamani Rd Patapalli cross
- jagadguru Shankara Mata Temple
- Jalagondanahalli Dam- Near Koppuvarapalli- Gownapalli- Road
- Sri Chodeshwari Amma temple in imarakunte gramadevathe,
- Sri Nagareshwara Temple, Opp. Sangitha Theater(One of the Oldest Temple now renewed)
- Sri Vasavi Temple, M. G. Road, Srinivasapur.
- Newly built Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Mandir Near Mulbagal Circle, Srinivasapura
- sri obuleshwara swamy temple in mudimadugu panchayat
- genibanda sri somanatheshwara temple muthakapalli
- Sri Kalika Kamateshwari & Sri Veera brhmendra swamy Temple M.G.road Srinivasapura(near Market)(vinod vishwakarma)
- sri venkateshwara swamy (historical cholas temple) ganibhande(village) rayalpad post srinivaspur taluk (ranganath)
- sri venugopalaswamy temple champally village, ronur post, srinivasapur taluk
There are many spiritual groups which are active. They are all helping the common man to tread the safe - spiritual path. One amongst the groups is Theosophical Society <http://www.ts-adyar.org/>. One of the eminent scholars who brought Theosophy to the door steps of the common man is Viswanatha Raju sri sapthamathruka sri chodeshwari temple kornelli....punganuru road somayajalahalli post Sri Chodeshwari Amma temple in Achampally yeldur hobly
Sri Chodeshwari Amma temple in Achampally
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Srinivasapura
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.