|This article is a rough translation from Bahasa Indonesia. It may have been generated by a computer or by a translator without dual proficiency.
If you have just labeled this page as needing attention, please add
|Motto: Sumekar "Sumenep Karaton"|
Location in Madura
|Settled||October 31, 1269|
|• Regent||Drs. KH. A. BUSYRO KARIM, M.Si|
|• Vice regent||Ir. H. SOENGKONO SIDIK, S.Sos|
|• Total||2,093.46 km2 (808.29 sq mi)|
|Elevation||25 m (82 ft)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Density||500/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||WIB (UTC+7)|
Sumenep Regency (Madura language: Songènèb) is a regency of East Java province, Indonesia. This regency has an area of 2,093.46 km² and a population of 1,041,915 inhabitants at the 2010 Census. Its capital city is Sumenep. Songènèb is the Madurese name in the sense that the etymology in the Kawi language (Old Javanese) has the following meaning: - the word "sung" has the meaning of a niche / basin / valley, and - the word "ènèb" meaning precipitate a quiet, then if it means some more Songènèb / Songennep (in Madura) has the meaning "valley / basin quiet". Mention of the word itself was already popular Songènèb since Singhasari have dominion over the kingdom of Java, Madura and Surrounding, as has been mentioned in the book Pararaton about the mention of the "Sumenep" at the King of Kertanegara mendinohaken (remove) Arya Wiraraja (royal adviser in the political and government) to the Regional Sumenep, East Madura in 1226 M
Hanata Wongira, babatangira buyuting Nangka, Aran Banyak Wide, Sinungan Pasenggahan Arya Wiraraja, Arupa tan kandel denira, dinohaksen, kinun adipati ring Sungeneb, anger ing Madura wetan Which means:
"It is a servant, a descendant of the chairman of Nangka village, called Banyak Wide, provisionally named Arya Wiraraja, apparently not trusted, was told to be kept in Sumenep duke. Residing in the east of Madura. "
In the era of the Kingdom of Singhasari, the Sumenep area was led by a Duke who was also the mastermind behind the construction of the Majapahit Empire, the Arya Wiraraja. Written in various books and inscriptions, one in the Book of Pararaton, that Arya Wiraraja no longer trusted by the Wisnuwardhana and dinohaken (away) to Sumenep, Madura, just east on October 31, 1269 M
Hanata Wongira, babatangira buyuting Nangka, Aran Banyak Wide, Sinungan Pasenggahan Arya Wiraraja, Arupa tan kandel denira, dinohaksen, kinun adipati ring Sungeneb, anger ing Madura wetan Which means: "It is a servant, a descendant of the chairman of Nangka village, called Banyak Wide, provisionally named Arya Wiraraja, apparently not trusted, was told to be kept in Sumenep duke. Residing in the east of Madura. "
According to the book "Tjareta Negraha Songenep", the Dutch East India Company came to the Sumenep region during the period of administration Raden Bugan (1648–1672), one of friend Pangeran Trunojoyo. After a struggle Trunojoyo can be broken by the Company, the Regional Pamekasan and Sumenep then subject to the power of the Company. Even after the death of Prince Bugan, the Company determines the reins of government meddling in Sumenep. In 1704 Pangeran Cakraningrat died in Mataram and the signing event between Pangeran Puger with the Company, the Company recognizes the power of Pangeran Prince, who was at loggerheads with the Sunan Mas (Amangkurat III) the Sultanate of Mataram in Plered. Conversely Pangeran Puger obliged to give up some of the land of Java and Madura to the Eastern Company. Thus for the second time Sumenep fell into the hands of the Company, it happens in the agreement between the Kingdom of Mataram Susunuhan by the Company on the date on October 5, 1705. The statement is:
"My lord is exalted by His Majesty the Shah was handed over to the Company to protect areas Sumenep and Pamekasan .... is the same as performed by former Regent of the local time of surrender to the Company ...." (Resink, 1984: 252). At the time of the agreement The area was under the reign Sumenep Panembahan Romo (Cokronegoro II).
In the reign of Pangeran Alza (1744–1749) led to a revolt of Bangkalan vanished. At that time disappeared to regroup people already hate the government of the Company. He struggled from the East by way of mastering Sumenep palace. To govern Sumenep vanished in just one year the year 1749-1750. The next rule is held by Gusti Raden Ayu Tirtonegoro R.A Rasmana (1750–1762) descended from Raden Bugan who later married a cleric named Bendoro Saud. He was then the Company has been named as regent of Sumenep with the title Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Tirtonegoro
Raden Asiruddin Pangeran Atmajanegara Panembahan Somala Sultan Natakusuma son of Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Tirtonegoro (Bendoro Saud) and Gusti Raden Ayu Tirtonegoro R.A Rasmana is, at the request of his parents, by the Dutch East Indies government was granted and was named a Regents Sumenep succeeded his father. He reigned in the years 1762-1811 with the title of Tumenggung Ario Notokusumo or later known as Panembahan Somala. founder of Sumenep Palace and Mosque. Note: Word Pangeran is mean of the son of the king. At the period of administration Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Pratamingkusumo who ruled in 1901-1926 colonial rule began to build a variety of facilities in line with the ethical policy at the time, Dutch East Indies government in Sumenep, build several facilities, including:
- DAM Development / Irrigation on the Great River Kebon - HIS development Soemenep - Construction of transportation facilities (rail Madura / ophalbrugh (ed: ghaladak rantai) in the Kali Marengan - Modern plant construction in the District of Salt Briquettes Kalianget.
At the time of the War of Independence, the fighters Sumenep also determined to maintain independence, so that on the date of 11 November 1947 battle that is very tragic, at which time the City Sumenep attacked by five aircraft of the four majors. at the time, the Dutch seized the last remaining area on the island of Madura, which Sumenep. and at that time, practically-based government in Madura city moved from the Lanjuk village, Pamekasan, to Manding, Sumenep.
Geography and administration
Sumenep Regency is located at the eastern end of Madura Island; it also includes 126 scattered islands located between 113 ° 32'54 "-116 ° 16'48" East Longitude and between 4 ° 55'-7 ° 24 'South latitude. The number of inhabited islands in Sumenep Regency is 48 (38% of the total), while the uninhabited islands number 78 (62% of the total). Masalembu Karamian island in the District is in the northern part of the outer islands adjacent to the South and the distance 151 + Nautical Miles from the Kalianget Port, while Sakala Island is the outermost islands in the eastern part of the adjacent island of Sulawesi and the distance from the Kalianget Port 165 Mil + Laut.Pulau is the most northern island in the group Karamian Masalembu Islands and the island is the eastern most island of Sakala.
The regency is ordered to the south by the Strait of Madura and Bali Sea, to the north by the Java Sea, to the west by Pamekasan Regency (the only land border) and to the east by the Java Sea and Flores Sea.
The total area of Sumenep Regency is 2,093.46 km²: 179.32 km² of settlements, 423.96 km² of forest, 14.68 km² of grass area or vacant land, 1,130.19 km² of farm/moor/bush/field, 59.07 km² of pool/aquaculture/brackish water/lakes/reservoirs/wetlands, and 63.41 km² of "other" areas. For the vast sea of potential Sumenep the diversity of marine resources and fishery covering 50,000 km ² +.
The existing administrative regions in Sumenep in 2007, consisting of:
- Districts: 27
- Village: 4
- Villages: 328
- Pillars of Citizens (RW): 1,774
- Neighborhoods (RT): 5569http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumenep_Regency
List of districts in Sumenep Regency:
Resources and Economy
Mineral Resources in Sumenep Regency are quite varied. They consist of Class "C" minerals: phosphates, limestone, calsit / rock star, gypsum, quartz sand, dolomite, kaolin clay and stone.
Sumenep in addition has the potential of the natural wealth of minerals group C, also have strategic minerals in the form of group A which is located on the island of Pulau Besar Pagerungan Sapeken Throughout the District, River Island Giligenting. Based on the passage of time than in the three island there are still some places that contain indications of gas and petroleum. Among them around the island Masalembu, Aquatic Kalianget, Raas and Block Island waters Kangean Water Resources Based on the aspects of geomorphology, water resources in Sumenep divided in 4 (four) units of the region: a). Plateau region b). Fine Wavy Hills area c). Coarse Wavy Hills region d). Separate Hills area
- Commodity Food Based on data of 2010 wetland in Sumenep 23 852 ha, divided into 13 388 ha (56.13%) rainfed land, 5385 hectares (22.57%) technical berpengairan land, 1959 hectares of land technically spring, 1071 Ha of land is simple 2049 Ha of land use and rural irrigation. The use of land especially paddy land not include the yard, tegal, plantation, farm, field for dry rice cultivation, grassland, while the land is not cultivated, forests, state forests, marshes, ponds, pools etc. Crops can be grouped into two parts, namely commodity rice (paddy rice and upland rice) and the commodity crops (corn, soybeans, peanuts, green beans, cassava and sweet potatoes). - Horticultural commodities Vegetable commodities grown by farmers in Sumenep the year 2008 based on data from BPS (Source: Department of Agriculture Sumenep) is the largest onion 18117.1 Kw with production quantities decreased the amount of production by 64.42% from the previous year. Lombok in 2008 is the largest commodity, in the year 2009 decreased by 89.28% from the previous idea. While the change in the amount of production of other commodities such as vegetables: beans, cucumbers, eggplant, kale, spinach and tomatoes are not too significant. For commodity total production of fruits is quite varied. Mango production number 652 401 Kw with the highest fruit commodity in terms of both total production amounting to Rp. 127 218 195 000, -. For other commodities such as fruits: banana, papaya, orange, guava, rambutan, sapodilla, Blimbing, barking and avocado invaluable variety
- Plantation Commodities and Forestry Based on statistical data of 2010 (Source: Department of Plantation and Forestry Perhutanioffice Sumenep and Madura in Pamekasan KPH), the production of plantation commodities and forestry in Sumenep very varied. For the production of plantation crops, the amount of oil production is the highest 35068.66 50059.06 tons with total area of Ha. As for the production of tobacco as a commodity Sumenep excellent for farmers in particular the quantity has decreased by 39.10% from the previous year. Tobacco plants as a favorite commodity known as gold leaf that can change behavior and improve the welfare of tobacco farmers. Tobacco land area 10377.94 hectares in 2010, with a total of 2,917.62 tons of total production.
on production estimates, potential resources of fish in ocean waters capable of producing Sumenep of 50,000 km2 per year x 4.58 ton = 22,000 tons per year. Meanwhile, according to estimates of potential sustainable source of 60% calculated from the number of existing potential or 60% x 229 000 t = 137 400 tonnes per year. Development of fishery production is directed to improving the welfare of fishermen through increased production and productivity of business-oriented agribusiness. Fisheries production reached Sumenep district in 2009 to reach the sea fisheries 44900.2 tons per year or 32.68% of the sustainable potential (an increase of 10:09% from the previous year) with a production value of Rp. 169 553 210 000, -.
large livestock population in the largest and specific Sumenep the cow. Proved in 2010 the cattle population of about 249 073 individuals (98.61% increase from the previous year) are still traditionally managed as a working cattle, producing manure, and penchant for savings. Advantages, especially beef cattle Sumenep Madura with other areas on the island of Madura where the type is the same:
- Resistant to specific diseases, have the ability to adapt to unfavorable natural conditions. - Have a good response to the improvement of feed through the increase of feed protein and energy devoted to the consideration of optimal body weight. - Have the type of beef cattle and meat of good quality.
Livestock other than cattle are raised by the public many Sumenep particularly island communities in the District Arjasa, Kangayan, and Sapeken is the buffalo. Other large livestock population is the horse. Many small livestock kept in Sumenep in the year 2010 was a goat, sheep, and rabbits. As for the poultry is free-range chicken, chicken, duck and wild duck.
Growth and development of industry in Sumenep is determined by the development and growth of four industries include natural gas industry; large industrial / chemical / heavy, small industrial and large industrial, industrial and heavy metals are not in Sumenep. Existing in Sumenep only a small industry and handicrafts that employment is not so much. There is little industry in Sumenep able to absorb the amount of labor as much as 797 people, with overall production value amounting to Rp. 18.1881 billion, - with an investment of Rp. 62,124,563,000, -.
Before Indonesia's independence, Sumenep district ruled by a Duke of (King / Rato: according to local context Sumenep) under the dominion of the kingdoms that once ruled the archipelago, among others, the Kingdom of Singhasari, the kingdom of Majapahit, and Mataram kingdom. Sumenep Duchy's territory covers almost the entire territory of Madura, and its surrounding islands. Here's a list of the Duke who ruled in Sumenep from year 1269 until 1929
List of Duke in Sumenep
|No.||Name||Palace||The period of administration||Description|
|1.||Aria Wiraraja I (Aria Banyak Wedi)||Batuputih||1269–1292||Abdi Tumapel Kingdom dan Mendirikan Majapahit Kingdom with Raden Wijaya
|2.||Aria Wiraraja II (Ario Bangah)||Banasare||1292–1301||the Kingdom called Sumenep, under the influence Majapahit
|3.||Aria Danurwendo (Lembu Sarenggono)||Aeng Anyar||1301–1311|
|6.||Panembahan Mandaraga(Raden Piturut)||Keles||1331–1339|
|7.||Pangeran Ario Wotoprojo||Bukabu||1339–1348|
|8.||Pangeran Ario Notoningrat||Baragung||1348–1358|
|9.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Secodiningrat I (R. Agung Rawit)||Banasare||1358–1366|
|10.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Secodiningrat II (Tumenggung Gajah Pramono)||Banasare||1366–1386|
|11.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Pulang Jiwo (Panembahan Blongi)||Bolingi / Poday||1386–1399|
|12.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Adipoday (Ario Baribin)||Nyamplong / Poday||1399–1415|
|13.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Secodiningrat III (Pangeran Jokotole)||Lapa Taman / Dungkek||1415–1460|
|14.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Secodiningrat IV (Pangeran Wigonando)||Gapura||1460–1502|
|15.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Secodingrat V (Pangeran Siding Purih)||Parsanga||1502–1559||The Kingdom called Sumekar, end of the Majapahit Kingdom
|16.||Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Kanduruwan (Pangeran Notokusumonegero)||Karang Sabu||1559–1562||under the influence Kerajaan Demak, Bintoro
|17.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Wetan dan Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Lor||1562–1567|
|18.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Keduk II (R. Keduk)||1567–1574|
|19.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Lor II (R. Rajasa)||1574–1589||under the influence Kerajaan Mataram
|20.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Cokronegoro I (R. Abdullah)||Karang Toroy||1589–1626|
|21.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Anggadipa||Karang Toroy||1626–1644|
|22.||Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Jaing Patih||Karang Toroy||1644–1648|
|23.||Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Yudonegoro (Raden Bugan)||Karang Toroy||1648–1672||under the influence Kerajaan Mataram-Kompeni, inaugurated by P.Trunojoyo
|24.||Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Pulang Jiwo dan Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Sepuh||Karang Toroy||1672–1678||First Instance for a time the region controlled by the Company VOC Sumenep
|25.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Cokronegoro II (Pangeran Romo)||Karang Toroy||1678–1709||Back under the influence of the Kingdom of Mataram-Kompeni VOC
|26.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Purwonegoro (Raden Tumenggung Wiromenggolo)||Karang Toroy||1709–1721||For the second time the region controlled by the Company Sumenep VOC
|27.||Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Cokronegoro III (Raden Ahmat alias Pangeran Ario Jimat)||Karang Toroy||1721–1744||Territory includes Besuki and Blambangan
|28.||Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Cokronegoro IV (Raden Alza)||Karang Toroy||1744–1749||Escaped during the attack by Ke Lesap
|29.||Ke' Lesap||Karang Toroy||1749–1750||Submitted to the leadership while Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Tirtonegoro
|30.||Gusti Raden Ayu Tirtonegoro R. Rasmana & Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Tirtonegoro (Bindara Saod)||Pajagalan||1750–1762||Government handed over to her husband
|31.||Panembahan Somala||Pajagalan||1762–1811||founder of Karaton Sumenep dan Masjid Jamik Sumenep
|32.||Sri Sultan Abdurrahman Pakunataningrat I (Raden Ario Notonegoro)||Pajagalan||1811–1854||Under the supervision of the Dutch East Indies government and English, the title of Sultan Gets Sumenep literature and a doctorate in UK
|33.||Panembahan Notokusumo II (Raden Ario Moch. Saleh)||Pajagalan||1854–1879|
|34.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Pakunataningrat II(Pangeran Mangkuadiningrat)||Pajagalan||1879–1901||Directly controlled by the Dutch East Indies government
|35.||Kanjeng Pangeran Ario Pratamingkusumo||Pajagalan||1901–1926|
|36.||Kanjeng Tumenggung Ario Prabuwinoto||Pajagalan||1926–1929|
to the list can be found here Daftar Bupati Sumenep
Epithets and slogans
Sumenep itself has a motto "Sumekar", an acronym of "Sumenep Karaton". Meaning of the word itself is constantly evolving Sumekar (bloom) in accordance with the development of a national revolution that continues to grow "in the rising fever" for the realization of the ideals of Pancasila. For the sake of tourism Sumenep introduction, itself has a brand "Sumenep The Heart of Purity", Sumenep addition also has several nicknames, including the Earth Sumekar, City of Culture Art, Travel Town, "Jogjanya" Madura and Islands Kangean as Pulau Cukir for nicknames.
Based on the results of the 2010 census enumeration, the total population is 1,041,915 consisting of 495,099 men and 546,816 women. The district with the greatest population is Sumenep City with 70,794 people (6.75%), followed by Sub Pragaan with 65,031 persons (5.90%) and Arjasa District with 59,701 people (5.73%).
With an area of about 2,093.47 km², the population density is 498 people/km². The district with the highest level of density is the town of Sumenep with 2,543 people/km², and the lowest population density is 446 jiwa/km2 the rock district.
Sex ratio of population Sumenep berdsarkan SP2010 is at 90.54 which means laki2 population is 9.46% less than the total population of women.
Sumenep population growth rate during the last 10 years, i.e. from the year 2000-2010 amounting to 0.55%. Sapeken district population growth rate was the highest compared to other districts excl Sumenep which amounted to 1.60%, and the lowest was -0.36% for Talango excl. Number of Households by the SP2010 is 315 412 RT. This means that the number of people who occupy one of the household as much as 3.30 SP2010 rata2 people. members of the RT in the range between 2.48 per person excl-3, 86.
Tourism is one of the leading potential in Sumenep. There are several types of tourism potential, which can be grouped into:
Tourism Culture and Architecture
- Sumenep Palace Museum is a museum run by the local government in which Sumenep a good collection of objects of cultural heritage family heritage palaces Sumenep and some relics of the Hindu kingdoms such as statues of Buddha and Vishnu linga is found in Dunkek district, Sumenep. In the museum there are also several collections of heritage relics such as pottery jars Sumenep Nobility of China and Kareta My Lord granting the United Kingdom to the Sultan Abdurrahman Pakunataningrat I for his services that have helped Thomas Stamford Raffles, one of the British Governor in his research in Indonesia.
- Sumenep palace is a heritage relic Sumenep built by King / Duke Sumenep to 31, Panembahan Somala and expanded by his descendants, namely Sri Sultan Abdurrahman I. Pakunataningrat Sumenep own Palace is located right in front of the Palace Museum Sumenep, Sumenep Jamik mosque is a building that has a distinctive architecture, integrating different cultures into a unique and magnificent, built by Panembahan Somala who ruled in 1762-1811M by architect of tionghoa "law pia ngho"
- Kalianget Old Town is located in the eastern city of Sumenep, here visitors can see relics of the salt factory, colonial architecture and some of the defenses built by the Colonial Government as Sumenep occupied territories,
- Traditional House Traditional Madura Tanean Lanjhang, can be found in some areas towards the coast and towards the coast slopeng waves,
- Kalimo'ok VOC fortress in Kalianget.
Tourism Religious / Pilgrimage
- Asta Karang Sabu is a family cemetery of King / Duke Sumenep who ruled in the 15th century the Prince Ario kanduruan, Prince and Prince Wetan Lor. This reef area meth Sumenep government he led at the time. - Asta Tinggi Sumenep cemetery is the cemetery of the Kings Sumenep which was built in 1644 M High altitude areas are located in the Kebon Agong Sumenep. - Asta Yusuf is one tomb of the missionaries of Islam on the island Talango, the tomb was discovered by Sri Sultan Abdurrahman Pakunataningrat when to Bali in 1212 Hijra (1791), - Asta Katandur is one Islamic missionaries graves in Sumenep, Prince Katandur is also one of the characters who are experts in the field of agriculture and according to various sources, is also the creator of Prince Katandur kerapan tradition of cattle, - Tomb of Panembahan Joharsari which is one of the Duke of Sumenep to V who first embraced the religion of Islam in Bluto,
- Lombang beach is a beach with white sand and the cluster of pine shrimp plant that grows in the edge area and around the coast. The atmosphere is very calm and beautiful. Lombang beach is the only beach in Indonesia is overgrown with pine trees shrimp, - Slopeng beach is a beach with white sand stretch of mountains that surround the sides of nearly 6 km long beach. This beach area is very suitable for sea fishing fun because the area is rich in various kinds of fish, including tuna fish, - Talango Ponjug beach on the island, - Badur beach in White Rock District, - Water Parks in District Kiermata Saronggi, - Goa Jeruk in Asta Tinggi, - Goa Kuning in the District Kangean, - Goa Payudan in Guluk Guluk,
Marine Tourism / Sea
- Kangean Islands and surrounding islands Sumenep is located at the eastern tip of the island of Madura. Has many exotic beaches, - Island Marine Parks Mamburit Arjasa - Island Marine Parks Gililabak Talango - White Sand Beach and Coral Reef Island Saor (District Sapeken)
- Bekisar chicken, chicken chicken bekisar is typical of many cultivated Sumenep for pets on the island of Kangean - Deer, an animal in the forest dwellers Arjasa. These animals include animals that are protected. - Shrimp fir, is an evergreen species that exist only in Sumenep
Special Interest Tour
- Tirta Sumekar Indah is one of the bathing pool complex in Sumenep, located in the Rocks district, west of the city Sumenep. Its strategic location, surrounded by a teak tree plantation and cashew nuts, and not far from the cemetery tour Asta Tinggi make this bath a lot of people visit on weekends and school holidays, - Sumenep Square is now a park Adipura, every day, especially at night dibangian Sumenep Square north, there are night markets by providing a wide range of culinary and accessories that can be enjoyed at a cheap price. - Health tourism in the island Giliyang Dungkek District is an area in the district that have Sumenep O2/oksigen content of 21.5% or 215 000 ppm,
Arts, Culture and Tourism Event
Dance - Moang Sangkal dance - Codi Somekkar dance - Gambu dance
art Music - Saronen - Tong-tong Music - lute music
art Craft - Batik, batik centers in Sumenep there in the village of West Pakandangan Bluto district, - Keris, batik centers in the villages there Sumenep Aeng tong tong district and villages Palongan Bluto, - Carving centers located in the village Sumenep Madura Karduluk, - There is a boat building center in the village of Madura Island Slopeng and Sapudi, - Home made madura mask in Marengan and Kalianget
culture - Mamaca - Kalenengan Karaton - Tandha ' - Tan-pangantanan - Ojhung - Topeng dhalang - Lodrok - Sape Sono ' - Kerapan Sapi - Nyadar Ceremony - Ceremony bride Ngekak Sangger
Tourism event - Last night at the Palace - Arya Wiraraja Inaugural Procession - Bull racing Event - Tellasan Topak