|Traded as||BİST: TTKOM|
|Founded||April 24, 1995|
|Key people||Mohammed Hariri (Chairman)
Hakam Kanafani (CEO)
|Services||Fixed-line Telephony, Mobile Telephony, Internet, Digital Television, Wi-Fi|
|Operating income||3.500 billion|
|Net income||1.899 billion|
|Total assets||16.174 billion|
|Total equity||5.769 billion|
|Parent||Oger Telecom (55%)
Treasury of Turkey (30%)
Turk Telekom group provides integrated telecommunication services from PSTN, GSM to wide-band Internet. Turk Telekom group companies had 16.8 million PSTN customers, 6 million ADSL customers and 12.1 million GSM customers as of September 30, 2009. With its network substructure covering the whole country, the group's companies offer a wide range of services to personal and corporate customers. Turk Telekom, which is the owner of 99.9% of the shares of the companies TTNET, Argela, Innova, Sebit A.Ş. and AssisTT, is also the owner of 81% of the shares of Avea, which is one of the three GSM operators in Turkey. Turk Telekom also supports Albtelecom in Albania. 55% of the shares of Turk Telekom belongs to Oger Telekomünikasyon A.Ş. and 30% of the shares belongs to Undersecretariat of Treasure of Turkey. The remaining 15% of shares has been offered to the public.
The company holds the naming rights to Türk Telekom Arena.
Board of Directors
- Mohammed Hariri - Chairman of the Board of Directors
- İbrahim Şahin - Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Hakam Kanafani - Member of the Board of Directors
- Dr. Paul Doany - Member of the Board of Directors
- Saad Zafer M Al Kahtani - Member of the Board of Directors
- Abdullah Tivnikli - Member of the Board of Directors
- Samir Asaad O Matbouli - Member of the Board of Directors
- İsmet Yılmaz - Member of the Board of Directors
- Dr. Ali Arıduru - Member of the Board of Directors
- Mehmet Habib Soluk - Member of the Board of Directors
Statutory Audit Board
- Prof. Dr. Aydın Gülan - Member of the Audit Board
- Lütfi Aydın - Member of the Audit Board
- Mohammed Hariri - Chairman of the Executive Committee
- İbrahim Şahin - Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee
- Hakam Kanafani - Member of the Executive Committee and TT Group CEO
- Abdullah Tivnikli - Member of the Executive Committee
- Saad Zafer M. Al Kahtani - Member of the Executive Committee
- Samir Asaad O Matbouli - Chairman of the Audit Committee
- Dr. Paul Doany - Member of the Audit Committee
- Mehmet Habib Soluk - Member of the Audit Committee
- Samir Asaad O Matbouli - Member of the Audit Committee
- Kamil Gökhan Bozkurt - Chief Executive Officer
- Memet Atalay - Acting VP Operations
- Mustafa Uysal - Acting VP Finance
- Mehmet Candan Toros - VP International and Wholesale
- Sükrü Kutlu - VP HR, Regulation and Support Services
- Dr. Mehmet Kömürcü - VP Legal
- Dr. Ramazan Demir - VP Strategy and Business Development
- Erem Demircan - VP Marketing and Communication
- Celalettin Dinçer - VP Sales
- Haktan KILIÇ - Acting VP Customer Relations
- Dr. Nazif Burca - Head of Internal Audit
- Timur Ceylan - VP Technology
- 1994, February 23, Turkey met with GSM technology. GSM was put into service firstly for its subscribers in Ankara, İstanbul and İzmir.
- 1995, April 24, By separating the telecommunication and Postal services in PTT from each other, Türk Telekomünikasyon A.Ş. was founded.
- 1998, April 27, GSM network was transferred to the firms Turkcell and Telsim for 25 years by giving licence.
- 1999, June, ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) was put into service in order to provide high speed voice and image communication on
- 2000, Cable Internet applications were started on Cable TV.
- January 8, Aycell Haberlesme ve Pazarlama Hizmetleri A.S. was founded.
- March 21, Iş-TIM Telekomünikasyon Services Inc. started to operate with the commercial name of ARIA
- February 19, TT&TIM Communication Services Inc., established by the merger of Turk Telekom’s GSM Operator Aycell and İŞ-TİM, was officially founded.
- October 15, The commercial name of “TT&TIM Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S.” was changed as “Avea Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S.”
- July 22, Türksat A.Ş. was established and started operating apart from Türk Telekom.
- 2005, November 14, Türk Telekom’s privatization process was completed and 55% shares of Turk Telekom was sold to Oger Telecoms Joint Venture Group.
- 2006, September 15, Türk Telekom acquired İŞ-TİM’s 40.56% share in Avea for USD 500 million and Turk Telekom’s share in Avea increased to 81.12%.
- 2008, May 15, The initial public offering for 15% of Turk Telekom shares was completed and the shares started trading in the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
- 2009, July, Avea successfully started 3G services.
- TTNET, the leading Internet Service Provider of Turkey, provides ADSL, Dial-up, Wifi, G.SHDSL, ATM, Frame Relay and Metro Ethernet Internet access services to corporate and personal customers in 81 cities in Turkey.
- AVEA, the sole GSM 1800 mobile operator of Turkey, was founded in 2004. Avea, the youngest operator of Turkey, has a nationwide customer base of more than 12.5 million. Offering services to 95.4% of Turkey’s population through its next generation network, the company is growing fast both in the corporate and individual services with the brand "Avea" and constantly investing in technology and infrastructure as well as in its management and approximately 2.500 employees. Having roaming agreements with 516 operators in 189 countries, the company continues to expand its roaming partnerships.
- Innova Bilişim Çözümleri A.Ş. delivers "solutions" to the institutions in every area from Industry and Distribution to Finance, from Telecommunication to Public. With its services independent from the product and the brand, iNNOVA includes the entire consultancy-design-application development-integration-maintenance value chain.
- ARGELA Software and Information Technologies is a company selling technologies and services for the telecom operators. The 100% of the shares of the company, which had started its activities in 2004, belong to Turk Telekomunikasyon A.S., one of the most important operators in the world. Today, ARGELA products still are being used by many important operators in 6 countries. ARGELA’s head office is in Istanbul, and has branch offices in Ankara, USA and Dubai.
- Argela, the activities of SEBIT Eğitim ve Bilgi Teknolojileri A.Ş. had started in 1988, in a multimedia laboratory founded within TÜBİTAK. The laboratory had been privatized in 1996 and the production of computer supported education contents towards K-12 level. After the product “Akademedia” produced in 1998, education software with the brand “Vitamin” had been introduced. In the following years, “KidsPlus” products had joined the series. The company has a place in Chinese, Malaysian, American and British markets by its unique products in K-12 level. Plus, it has been conducting the only integrated R&D project in the education area of the EU’s 6th Framework Program. Also being active in the corporate education area, it has developed e-learning solutions for the institutions such as IES, Union of Banks of Turkey, Secretariat of Defense Industries, Public Procurement Agency, Coca-Cola Drinks, Migros, Siemens, TTNET etc.
- CETEL was incorporated by Çalık Enerji and Türk Telekom having 80% and 20% shares, respectively on 1 June 2007. CETEL purchased the 76% shares of Albtelecom on 1 October 2007. Albtelecom is the incumbent fixed line operator in Albania which also has a GSM license.
- Argela-USA – Tuitalk
- ARGELA-USA Tuitalk is a division and brand of ARGELA-USA, Inc., a U.S. company, incorporated in Delaware, with headquarters in Santa Clara, California, and RnD facilities in Istanbul and Ankara in Turkey. ARGELA-USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of ARGELA Technologies, Istanbul, Turkey.
- AssisTTAssisTT is a Customer Services and Call Center Corporation which is a subsidiary of Türk Telekom (Türk Telekom holds a 100% interest). AssisTT, established in November 2007, presents more than a traditional call center’s functions by producing sales and marketing oriented data for its customers.
- AssisTT gives service as a customer contact center instead of just being a call center. AssisTT is the 3. biggest call center all around Türkiye and will furnish its services not just to Türk Telekom but also to other corporations and institutions.
- Turktelekom.com.tr Official website
- Avea.com.tr Official website
- TTnet.com.tr Official website
- Assistt.com.tr Official website
- TTcocuk.com Official website
- Türk Telekom subscription for services and information about services
- Turk Telekom Campanign