|WikiProject Architecture||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
I'm curious why Porziuncola was chosen for the name of this article in English (and other articles, e.g. on Francis) when Portiuncula is much more common in English. --Richardson mcphillips (talk) 01:19, 8 April 2012 (UTC)
- Depends on whether you encounter it in a Latin or Italian context; as a Californian, I think I encountered Porciúncula (Spanish) in the original name of the city ("El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula") before either of the two above... AnonMoos (talk) 06:56, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
- In a plain old English language context, it's Portiuncula. It's key to the story of St. Francis.
- Talking to birds, holding up the church, wearing brown, the double decker church in Assisi, and the Portiuncula.
- I know that and I'm Protestant.
- The name of LA is a reference to St. Francis and his Portiuncula.
- Varlaam (talk) 23:58, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
I only came here trying to find out what the name means in relation to its inclusion in the original name of Los Angeles. Unfortunately, this article assumes the reader has a extensive knowledge of the subject already. To this point, the section on "Porziuncola Indulgence" never actually says what it is, only how it was enforced and later changed. I know nothing about it, so I have nothing to add, but if someone could write an introductory paragraph, that would be helpful. Thanks! Sheriffjt (talk) 19:30, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
In America section
For the second time a user adds more information about the shrine in San Francisco. The paragraph about that shrine is currently to large. Adding details about the current people running the overall shrine takes it way overboard. These details belong in a separate article about the church itself, not an article on the Portiuncola. Marauder40 (talk) 12:29, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- Now different users keep trying to add more details about the shrine in San Francisco and remove all the other Portiuncolas in the US. As I said before, if you want more specifics about this one version you need to create a separate article for the overall church. This section is about the Portiuncola in the US. Not just the one in San Francisco.Marauder40 (talk) 09:26, 29 May 2014 (UTC)