Tamilnadu College of Engineering
|Tamilnadu College of Engineering(TCE)|
|Motto||Old Traditions, New Heights|
|Location||Chenniyandavar Kovil, Karumathampatti, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Affiliations||Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore|
Tamilnadu College of Engineering also known as TCE, is a private self-financing engineering college situated in Karumathampatti, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. The college was established in 1984. The college is affiliated to Anna University. This college is managed by the Tamilnadu Technical Education Foundation.
The institution was founded by philanthropists Lion T.N. Palanisame and Dr.P.V. Ravi.
The college is situated near NH 47 in Karumathampatti, which is 30 km from the industrial city of Coimbatore, on the way to Avinashi. TCE is situated at Chenniyandavar Kovil which is 4 km from Karumathampatti in NH47 road side. Karumathampatti is a suburb of Coimbatore, under the Coimbatore corporation.
- BE Civil Engineering(120 seats)
- BE Mechanical Engineering(120 seats)
- BE Instrumentation and Control Engineering(60 seats)
- BE Electronics & Communication Engineering(120 seats)
- BE Computer Science and Engineering(120 seats)
- BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering(120 seats)
- BE Automobile Engineering(60 seats)
- BTech Information Technology(120 seats)
- ME Structural Engineering(18 seats)
- ME Computer and Communication(18 seats)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)(60 seats)
- MCA (Master of Computer Application)(60 seats)
Library The academy library is the main source of books, periodicals and other study materials for students during their courses.
Computing facilities The college has two computer laboratories equipped with around 800 computers.
On-campus student residence Halls of Residence for men and women students are available separately. The men’s residence can accommodate 500 students and the women’s residence can accommodate 200 students. There is a separate block for First year students. Visiting doctors take care of the health problems of the inmates.
- Vidhya Ganapathy temple
- Stores for stationery and other needs
- Cafeteria and snack bar
- Water treatment plant in the hostel (RO system)
Field of study
Department of Civil Engineering The department was established in 1984. The department offers electives in subjects such as GIS, FEM, Repair and Rehabilitation of Structure and Pre-fabricated Structures.
It has facilities for tests on building materials, and soil and water samples. The department offers consultancy services like topographical survey including contouring, analysis and design of concrete and steel structures, water sample analysis and building materials testing for many private,state and central government organizations. ME Structural Engineering was started in 2005.
Department of Mechanical Engineering The department was established in 1984.
Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering The department started in 1984. Dr.G.Saravana Kumar is the Head of the department.
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering The department started in 1988. ME Computer and Communication started in 2005.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering The department started in 1999. It offers a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering.
Department of Information Technology The department started in 1999.
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering The department started in 2006.
Department of Automobile Engineering The department started in 2006.
- Association of Civil Engineering
- Association of Mechanical Engineering
- Association of Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Association of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Association of Computer Science and Engineering
- Association of Information Technology
- Association of Management Studies
Every academic year, the departments organize national level technical symposiums.
- National Service Scheme
- Youth Red Cross Society
- Siruthuli Forum
- Voluntary Blood donation Club
- Rotaract Club
- Music Club
- Fine Arts Club
- Photography Club
- Tamil Mandram
- Literary Association
The Department of Physical Education is in charge of the sports activities of the college. The college has outdoor and indoor games facilities. The sporting facilities are available in a total playground area around 14 acres (57,000 m2) comprising
- Concrete basketball court
- Volleyball court
- Foot Ball Field
- Ball badminton court
- Cricket ground with provision for net practice
Placement and training
The Placement and Training Cell:
- advises students on career options,
- provides information on training and employment opportunities,
- provides guidance and counselling services,
- brings students and potential employers together,
- arranges for placement,
- arranges courses on personality development,
- conducts seminars, lectures, career guidance programmes and entrepreneurship development programmes.
Tamilnadu College of Engineering has hosted events like Microsoft Dreamsprak Yatra, TEDxCoimbatore for TEDxChange, and IEEE Conference.