The Messengers (TV series)
|Created by||Eoghan O'Donnell|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||3 (list of episodes)|
|Distributor||CBS Television Distribution|
|Original channel||The CW|
|Original run||April 17, 2015– present|
A mysterious object plummets to Earth, sending out a shock wave that causes five strangers to die, only to miraculously come back to life moments later. The members of the group are Vera (Shantel VanSanten), a struggling radio-astronomer living in New Mexico who is searching for her missing son; Erin (Sofia Black-D'Elia), a young mother in Tucson, Arizona who is desperate to protect her seven-year-old daughter Amy from her abusive policeman ex-husband; Peter (Joel Courtney), a troubled high school student and orphan in Little Rock, Arkansas; Raul (J.D. Pardo), a federal agent in Mexico who is looking to escape his dangerous and violent undercover assignment; and Joshua (Jon Fletcher), a charismatic second-generation televangelist in Houston, Texas. Most mysterious of all is the figure known only as The Man (Diogo Morgado), who offers Vera the location of her abducted son if she will help him with one morally complicated task which puts her on a collision course with Rose (Anna Diop), a nurse in Houston who has been in a coma for seven years after being shot by an unknown hitman. Drawn together by fate and biblical prophecy, the "Messengers" soon learn they now have supernatural gifts that might be the only hope for preventing the impending Rapture.
- Shantel VanSanten as Vera Buckley
- Diogo Morgado as The Man
- J. D. Pardo as Raul Garcia
- Joel Courtney as Peter Moore
- Jon Fletcher as Joshua Silburn, Jr.
- Sofia Black-D'Elia as Erin Calder
- Craig Frank as Alan Harris 
- Anna Diop as Rose Arvale
- Jessika Van as Koa Lin
- Sam Littlefield as Leland Schiller
- Jamie Bamber as Vincent Plowman
- Riley Smith as Mark Plowman
- Winston Duke as Zahir Zakaria
- Lauren Bowles as Senator Cindy
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||"Awakening"||Stephen Williams||Eoghan O'Donnell||April 17, 2015||1.19|
|In Houston, a local hospital nurse named Rose is shot by a unknown thug. Seven years later, a mysterious object falls from deep space and lands in the desert of New Mexico, sending out a shock-wave, killing five different people: Vera, a radio-astronomer searching for her missing son; Erin, a mother who is desperate to protect her daughter from her abusive ex-husband; Peter, a troubled student and orphan; Raul, a federal agent looking to escape his dangerous undercover assignment; and Joshua, a charismatic televangelist. The five wake up, bestowed with mystical powers. Raul develops the power of mind-reading. Erin unknowingly heals her daughter after a car crash. Peter learns that he has powers of super strength when he is attacked by a bully. Joshua develops powers of "second sight", where he tells everyone that the Rapture is coming. A man, having being the object that crashed to Earth, appears before Vera to tell her that he knows where her missing son is.|
|2||"Strange Magic"||Duane Clark||Trey Callaway & Eoghan O'Donnell||April 24, 2015||0.77|
|The group is drawn to the hospital where Rose is laying in a coma for the past seven years. The Man tries to force Vera to kill her in her bed, when Rose awakens and the Man flees. Rose then explains to the five that they all have been resurrected as angels, and that they have been chosen to be the Messengers of God in order to prevent the impending Rapture. Their mission it to find and kill the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse before the Man finds them first. Joshua tries to convince Vera otherwise and tries to help her find a one-armed Iraq War veteran before the Man approaches him first. Each one of the Messengers are now fugitives, and they also learn that they cannot rely on anyone else. Meanwhile, Raul tries to find his brother who has been abducted by the drug cartel, and he teams up with his niece. Peter learns that he is now a fugitive and attempts to go into hiding. Erin continues avoiding the police, while Vera is plagued with dreams about her missing son.|
|3||"Path to Paradise"||Cherie Nowlan||Story by: Oanh Ly
Teleplay by: Matt Pitts
|May 1, 2015||TBD|
|The Messengers attempt to find the Horseman of War before the Man finds him first. With the help of Joshua's visions and Peter's computer skills, Rose and Erin follow the leads to two suspects; a visiting Arab dignitary and a Iraqi War widow. Meanwhile, Raul continues his personal quest to locate his missing brother, unaware that the Man has set a trap for him. Vera continues to investigate the mysterious meteor rock particle which leads her and her co-worker Alan, to a former lover who walked away from her nine years ago, and whom was her son's biological father. The government is revealed to be holding the remains of the meteor that brought the Man to Earth as a top secret research project called Project Genesis.|
|4||"Drums of War"||Guy Bee||Carl Binder||May 8, 2015||TBD|
|5||"Eye in the Sky"||Eriq La Salle||Matt Pitts||May 15, 2015||TBD|
- Ausiello, Michael (May 8, 2014). "The CW New Series For Fall 2014 – 'The Flash' and 'iZombie'". TVLine. Retrieved May 12, 2014.
- "Episode Title: (#101) "Awakening"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved April 3, 2015.
- "CWTVPR Press Release". CWTVPR. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Craig Frank Upped To Regular On The Messengers". Deadline. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Deadline Sam Littlefield In The Messengers". Deadline. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Battlestar Galactica star Jamie Bamber joins The CW's The Messengers". EW. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Winston Duke In The Messengers". Deadline. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- "Lauren Bowles Books Recurring Role". Deadline. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 20, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' Adjusted Up; '20/20' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 20, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (April 27, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: "Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; 'Cedric's Barber Battle', 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' & 'The Messengers' Adjusted Downn". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- "Episode Title: (#104) "Drums of War"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved April 17, 2015.
- "Episode Title: (#105) "Eye in the Sky"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- Ausiello, Michael (May 15, 2014). "The CW Fall Schedule Revealed: The Originals on the Move, Flash Paired With Supernatural". TVLine. Retrieved May 18, 2014.
- Levin, Gary (January 11, 2015). "CW renews eight dramas for new seasons". USA Today. Retrieved January 11, 2015.