Town of Mosman Park
|Town of Mosman Park
|Population||9,508 (2013 est)|
|• Density||2,211/km2 (5,730/sq mi)|
|Area||4.3 km2 (1.7 sq mi)|
|Council seat||Mosman Park|
|Region||West Metropolitan Perth|
|Website||Town of Mosman Park|
The Town of Mosman Park is a local government area of Western Australia. It covers an area of approximately 4.3 km² in western metropolitan Perth, the capital of Western Australia and lies about 14 km southwest of the Perth CBD and 5 km from Fremantle.
The Buckland Hill Road District was created on 6 October 1899.
From July 1909 until October 1930, it was known as the Cottesloe Beach Road District.
It was renamed Mosman Park in 1937, and on 1 July 1961, became a shire following the enactment of the Local Government Act 1960. It became a town seven months later, and in 1997 the two wards were abolished.
The town has six councillors plus a mayor, and no wards.
Mosman Park is the only suburb within this municipality.
- AmpFest, Youth and music festival overseen by the Town of Mosman Park
- "3218.0 Regional Population Growth, Australia. Table 5. Estimated Resident Population, Local Government Areas, Western Australia". 3 April 2014. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- "BUCKLAND HILL ROAD BOARD.". The West Australian (Perth: National Library of Australia). 17 March 1932. p. 13. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Cottesloe Beach Road Board.". The Daily News (Perth: National Library of Australia). 5 March 1915. p. 2 Edition: THIRD EDITION. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- WA Electoral Commission, Municipality Boundary Amendments Register (release 3.0), 31 July 2007.
- Official website
- Local Government & Municipal Knowledge Base – Mosman Park Town Council Page
- The Grove Community History Library