Transformers: Power Core Combiners
Transformers: Power Core Combiners is a 2010 toy line by Hasbro (Takara Tomy in Japan as Transformers: United EX) that combines elements of Combiners, Targetmasters and Mini-Cons. The 5-pack figures come with drones that combine with the main figure, while the 2-pack figures come with Mini-Cons that transform into their weapons; the figures can also combine with the drones in different combinations.
According to the box packaging, Power Core Combination is a lost technology that is rediscovered on Earth by the Autobots. The Decepticons, however, steal this technology and equip their own robots with it.
5-pack figures with drones
- Bombshock with Combaticons - Based on the Generation 1 Micromaster of the same name.
- Crankcase with Destrons - Shares his name with a Generation 1 Triggerbot.
- Crankcase (Decepticon; Semi-trailer truck) - Black redeco of Huffer.
- Armored Car Drone (Decepticon; Jeep) - Redeco of drone from Bombshock.
- Combat Helicopter Drone (Decepticon; Gunship) - Redeco of drone from Skyburst.
- Missile Carrier Drone (Decepticon; Missile tank) - Redeco of drone from Bombshock.
- Recon Plane Drone (Decepticon; Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II with radome) - Redeco of drone from Skyburst.
- Double Clutch with Rallybots - Shares his name with a Generation 2 Gobot.
- Grimstone with Dinobots
- Mudslinger with Destructicons - Shares his name with a Generation 1 Micromaster Autobot.
- Over-Run with Stunticons
- Over-Run (Decepticon; Race Car) - Redeco of Leadfoot. Formerly named Spastic (see controversy).
- Drift Racer Drone (Decepticon; Hyundai Genesis Coupe) - Redeco of drone from Double Clutch
- Junker Drone (Decepticon; Battering ram truck) - Redeco of drone from Mudslinger
- Rocket Truck Drone (Decepticon; Armored Truck) - Redeco of drone from Mudslinger
- Street Racer Drone (Decepticon; Mini Cooper S) - Redeco of drone from Double Clutch
- Skyburst with Aerialbots
- Stakeout with Protectobots - Shares his name with a Generation 1 Micromaster.
- Stakeout (Autobot; Brush truck) - Redeco of Smolder.
- APC Drone (Autobot; Half-track) - Redeco of drone from Bombshock.
- Chopper Drone (Autobot; Helicopter) - Redeco of drone from Skyburst.
- Fighter Jet Drone (Autobot; McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle) - Redeco of drone from Skyburst.
- Tank Drone (Autobot; Tank) - Redeco of drone from Bombshock.
- Steamhammer with Constructicons
2-pack figures with Mini-Cons
- Huffer with Caliburst (Autobot; Semi-trailer truck) A homage to the Generation 1 character of the same name.
- Searchlight with Backwind (Autobot; Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight) One of the highest ranking Autobot Power Core Combiners along with Skyburst.
- Smolder with Chopster (Decepticon; Brush truck)
- Icepick with Chainclaw (Decepticon; Snow Cat Truck)
- Leadfoot with Pinpoint (Autobot; Race car) A homage to the Generation 2 character of the same name.
- Sledge with Throttler (Decepticon; Backhoe)
- Darkstream with Razorbeam (Decepticon; Stealth jet) - white/red/black redeco of Skyburst, with redeco of Chopster.
- Steelshot with Beacon (Autobot; Artillery truck) - Tan/brown redeco of Bombshock, with redeco of Backwind.
- Windburn with Darkray (Decepticon; Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight) - Gray/red redeco of Searchlight, with redeco of Caliburst. The highest ranking Decepticon Power Core Combiner.
- Heavytread with Groundspike (Autobot; Tank)
- Skyhammer with Airlift (Decepticon; Fighter Jet)
- Salvage with Bomb-Burst (Autobot; Monster truck) - Blue redeco of Mudslinger. A homage to the live film character of the same name.
- Undertow with Waterlog (Decepticon; Speedboat)
Transformers: United EX
In 2012, Takara Tomy released the Power Core Combiners line in Japan as an expansion to the Transformers: United toy line. The figures are given completely different repaints. Unlike the Hasbro versions, the "Prime Mode" sets have the drones uniformly repainted to match the core figures.
Prime Mode sets
- EX 01: Jet Master Prime Mode (Autobot) - Blue redeco of Skyburst with Aerialbots.
- EX 02: Combat Master Prime Mode (Decepticon) - Olive green redeco of Bombshock with Combaticons.
- EX 03: Road Master Prime Mode (Decepticon) - Beige redeco of Mudslinger with Destructicons.
- EX 04: Grim Master Prime Mode (Autobot) - Metallic redeco of Grimstone with Dinobots.
- EX 05: Race Master Prime Mode (Autobot) - Red redeco of Double Clutch with Rallybots.
- EX 06: Builder Master Prime Mode (Decepticon) - Green/purple redeco of Steamhammer with Constructicons.
- EX 07: Assault Master Prime Mode (Decepticon) - Black redeco of Crankcase with Destrons.
- EX P1: Chopper Master vs. Roller Master
- Chopper Master (Autobot; Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight) - White/gray redeco of Searchlight.
- Roller Master (Decepticon; Snow Cat Truck) - Purple redeco of Icepick.
- Marine Master vs. Tank Master
- Marine Master (Autobot; Speedboat) - Blue redeco of Undertow.
- Tank Master (Decepticon; Tank) - Green redeco of Heavytread.
- Air Master vs. Dozer Master
- Air Master (Autobot; Fighter Jet) - Gray redeco of Skyhammer.
- Dozer Master (Decepticon; Backhoe) - Yellow redeco of Sledge.
- Hasbro Showcases its Iconic Brands at San Diego Comic-Con. Business Wire; July 20, 2010
- hasbro.com - Bombshock with Combaticons
- TFW2005.com - Crankcase with Destrons
- TFW2005.com - New Official Power Core Combiner Images
- TFW2005.com - Grimstone with Dinobots
- Hasbro.com - Skyburst with Aerialbots
- TFW2005.com - Steamhammer with Constructicons
- Hasbro.com - Huffer with Caliburst
- Hasbro.com - Searchlight with Backwind
- Hasbro.com - Smolder with Chopster
- Ben's World of Transformers - Darkstream
- TFW2005.com - Heavytread with Groundspike
- TFW2005.com - Skyhammer with Airlift