|Directed by||Boyapati Srinu|
|Produced by||Daggubati Suresh Babu|
|Written by||Akula Shiva
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Distributed by||Suresh Productions|
|Running time||154 minutes|
Tulasi is a 2007 Telugu film directed by Boyapati Srinu. It was later dubbed into Malayalam with the same title. It stars Venkatesh in the lead role as Tulasi Ram and Nayantara as the female lead. Music is scored by Devi Sri Prasad and the film is produced under Suresh Productions. This film story lines are nearly equals to before film Daddy. The film was also dubbed into Hindi as The Real Man Hero.
Parvataneni Tulasi Ram aka Tulasi (Venkatesh) is a native of Palnadu region. As his region is well known for factional feuds, his father Dasaradha Ramayya (Vijaykumar) keeps him away in Hyderabad and get him educated and makes him an architect. Once he goes to an abroad trip, where he comes across Vasundhara aka Vasu (Nayantara) and loses his heart. He marries her and they continue to lead a happy life. When Vasu turns pregnant, Tulasi takes her to their native place to share the happy moments with the entire family.
He turns violent when a rival faction pushes his father and teaches all of them a big lesson with a lot of bloodshed. Even as he was silent, the factional feuds continue to haunt him and Vasu couldn't digest the violence and deserts him with their son Harsha (Atulith), when her brother (Sivaji) dies in the attack by factionists. Later, Tulasi comes to know that Harsha has a blood clot in his brain and it may cause hemorrhage. With the help of Dr Surekha (Ramya Krishnan), he summons specialists from abroad to get him operated. When everything is ready for the surgery, a gangster (Ashish Vidyarthi) takes away the boy, as both of his sons were killed by Tulasi. In the climax, again Tulasi turns violent and kills everyone to save his son's life. Learning that violence would not only take the lives but also saves lives, Vasu reunites with Tulasi and the film ends on a happy note.
- Venkatesh as Parvataneni Tulasi Ram aka Tulasi
- Nayantara as Vasundhara aka Vasu
- Shriya in a Guest appearance
- Ashish Vidyarthi as An Underworld Gangster, the main villain
- Vijaykumar as Dasaradha Ramayya
- Ramya Krishnan as Dr. Surekha
- Sivaji as Vasu's Brother
- Rahul Dev as Basavaraja
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as the Rival of Dasaradha Ramayya, who hired Ashish Vidyarthi to kill Tulasi
- Subbaraju as the Elder son of Ashish Vidyarthi
- Riyaz Khan as the younger son of Ashish Vidyarthi
- Raghu Babu
- Ravi Babu
- Director: Boyapati Srinu
- Story: Akula Shiva
- Producer: D. Suresh Babu
- Music: Devi Sri Prasad
- Fights: Kanal Kannan and Ram Lakshman
|Soundtrack album to Tulasi by Devi Sri Prasad|
|Released||22 September 2007|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
Audio of Tulasi was launched at a function arranged in the song set at Rama Naidu studios in the evening of 22 September 2007. K. Raghavendra Rao, D. Ramanaidu and KL Narayana attended this function as guests. K. Raghavendra Rao released the audio cassette and gave the first unit to D. Ramanaidu. D. Ramanaidu released the audio CD and gave the first unit to Shriya Saran.
|1.||"Mia Mia"||Chandrabose||Naveen, Mamta Mohandas|
|3.||"Tula Tula Thulasi"||Chandrabose||Tippu, Priya Hemesh|
|4.||"Hello Boys"||Chandrabose||Devi Sri Prasad|
|5.||"Nee Kallathoti"||Bhaskarabhatla||Sagar, Chitra|
|6.||"Ne Chuk Chuk Bandini"||Sahithi||Devi Sri Prasad, Malgudi Subha|
- The film released with 290 prints worldwide, in 312 screens in India which includes 20 screens in Andhra Pradesh, 21 screens in Karnataka and 7 screens in Tamil Nadu.
- The film had a 50 day run in 225 centres and was declared a super hit.
- It has grossed Rs.12 crores in 12 days.
- TV rights sold for Rs.2 crores.
- It is the first telugu film to complete 50 days in 225 theatres across Andhra.