For the wiki application, see TWiki
Twiki (carrying Dr. Theopolis
on his torso) in the 1979 episode "Planet of the Amazon Women"
Twiki is a fictional character on the television series Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. Twiki (pronounced twee-kee) is a robot sometimes referred throughout the series as an "ambuquad" (which, as depicted in the episode, "Twiki is Missing", refers to a specialized series of robots made for work in space mines). Built by an ambuquad facility in New Chicago, the same episode also reveals that the robot's model number is 22-23-T. The character's name, "Twiki", is derived from the robot's alphanumeric designation: TWKE-4, as revealed in the second season episode, "Shgoratchx!" Most notably in the first season, Twiki was often seen carrying Dr. Theopolis around with him.
Felix Silla provided the character's physical performance, while Mel Blanc provided the voice for the character in most episodes (episodes 1–24 and 32–37), except for a brief stretch during the show's second season (episodes 25–31), when he was voiced quite differently by Bob Elyea. Blanc's voicing for Twiki is somewhat of a cross between two of his characters from Merrie Melodies, namely Yosemite Sam and Porky Pig. Twiki was well known for frequently blurting a low key "bidi-bidi-bidi". This was also how he spoke with other robots.
Cultural references 
- In the cult television comedy series Mystery Science Theater 3000, Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo often express contempt for Twiki.
- In the second episode of the dramatic comedy series Scrubs, J.D. demonstrates an electrolarynx to a patient. While using it, the patient says, "Bidi-bidi-bidi, okay Doc."
- In Family Guy (Episode "The Story on Page One"), Peter states that he wanted to name Meg after Twiki but couldn't because Lois said kids wouldn't get the reference.
- The Venture Bros.' Doctor "Rusty" Venture mockingly calls his brother Jonas Venture Junior Twiki because of his short stature; even mimicking Twiki's unique speech pattern during the insult.
- Referenced in Robot Chicken during the "I,Rosie" sketch.
- Referenced in Zack and Miri Make a Porno, along with Dr. Theopolis.
- In the pilot episode of Welcome to Eltingville, character Jerry imitates Twiki through the whole episode, Twiki was later mentioned during the "Trivia Off" scene near the end episode.
- On April 28, 2010, Jim Norton, from the Opie and Anthony show, wondered if Twiki named Gabourey Sidibe.
- In the cartoon Fanboy and chum chum episode I, Fanboy. Fanboy's brain is placed inside a robot body and throughout the episode Fanboy in a very robotic voice goes "Bidi bidi bidi".
- In a July 2011 airing of Hollywood Treasures, Felix Silla (the actor portraying Twiki), presented one of the five Twiki costumes to Joe Magdalena as a birthday present.
- Twiki makes a cameo appearance in the 2011 science fiction comedy film Paul.