Universiti Brunei Darussalam
|Universiti Brunei Darussalam|
|Universiti Brunei Darussalam|
|Motto||Ke arah kesempurnaan insan|
|Motto in English||Towards human perfection|
|Chancellor||His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dato Paduka Dr. Haji Zulkarnain Bin Haji Hanafi|
|Academic staff||approx. 300 |
|Students||approx. 2,800 |
|Location||Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam|
|Affiliations||ASAIHL, AUN, EM, FUIW, iCUBE and UMAP|
Universiti Brunei Darussalam (Abbreviation: UBD; Malay: Universiti Brunei Darussalam; Jawi: يونيبرسيتي بروني دارالسلام) is Brunei's oldest university. It is the largest university in the country in terms of student enrollment and curriculum offered.
Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD) was established in 1985, opening its doors to the first intake of 176 students. Since then, UBD has seen an increase in the number of graduates, the introduction of new academic programmes, the enhancement of infrastructure and the development of graduate studies.
The university moved to its current location, Tungku Link, in 1995, an environment that is conducive for learning and research. UBD is guided by its four core values; people, expertise, relevance and leadership. Today, there are eight academic faculties, nine research institutes and six academic service centres ranging from Islamic Studies, Business, Arts, Science, Health Sciences, Asian Studies, Policy Studies, Education, Biodiversity and Integrated Technologies.
UBD opened its doors to international students  from its inception. Early on the majority of international students at UBD were from ASEAN countries. Today there is greater diversity with more students coming from East Asia (China and Japan), Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Faculties and Institutes
Today, there are seven academic faculties, nine research institutes and three academic support centres.
- Academy of Brunei Studies
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- UBD School of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Integrated Technologies
- Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Institute of Education
- PAPRSB Institute of Health Sciences
- Institute of Asian Studies
- Institute for Leadership, Innovation and Advancement
- Institute of Policy Studies
- SOAS Centre for Islamic Studies
- e-Government Innovation Centre
- UBD|IBM Centre
- Institute for Biodiversity and Environmental Research (IBER)
- Centre for Advanced Material and Energy Sciences (CAMES)
- Centre for Advance Research (CARe)
Construction on the university's Mosque began in 1992 on a site of 2.032 hectares of land, and was completed in 1994, with a total cost of BND $7,600,000. The Mosque was officially opened in 1995 by His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah. It has a capacity of 1800.
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- "International Club of Universiti Brunei Darussalam".
- Ministry of Religious Affairs of Brunei Darussalam. "University of Brunei Darussalam's Mosque". Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Princess Sarah gets First Class Honours". Retrieved 2011-02-13.