|Directed by||George Clooney
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Executive producer(s)||Grant Heslov
|Location(s)||Los Angeles, California|
|Running time||22-26 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Section Eight
|Original run||January 9 – February 27, 2005|
Unscripted is an American comedy-drama series that aired on HBO in early 2005. Its title referred to the fact that the series was largely improvised by its performers. The series was executive produced by Steven Soderbergh, George Clooney, and Grant Heslov.
It follows the misadventures of three struggling actors, who are all in the same acting class in Los Angeles, California, as they make the rounds from auditions to rejection, to personal struggle and to satisfaction. The three main characters all appear as themselves as the show blends fact with fiction as a movie/show within a show. It features many cameo appearances from many stars playing themselves either in projects they're involved in, or involved in a social function such as Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Noah Wyle, Hank Azaria, Richard Kind, Meryl Streep, Uma Thurman, Jon Lovitz, Shia LaBeouf, Keanu Reeves, Sam Rockwell, Danny Comden, Bonnie Hunt, George Lopez, Barry Corbin, director Doug Liman and producer Akiva Goldsman.
- Bryan Greenberg - A young twentysomething actor bouncing from audition to audition. A generally good man brought down by the frustrations of trying to make it which include backstabbing, shady network contracts and being virtually unnoticed on the small screen, if he even makes the final cut.
- Krista Allen - A single mother and actress more well known for her looks than her talent, trying to establish herself as a serious performer. Often typecast in print ads or commercials as the "sexy girl", she is rarely taken seriously, and when opportunities arise, she gets passed over in favor of someone else who has a bigger name.
- Jennifer Hall - A nice girl deemed not attractive enough by agents by her looks, currently taking low level jobs on major film productions. Naively finds herself in the Hollywood machine in trying to land roles, by knowing who's who in the industry.
- Goddard Fulton (Frank Langella) - The protagonists' stern but fatherly acting teacher, a refined man whose professionalism and guidance remain in the classroom but virtually disappear when outside. Despite keeping a distance from his students outside of teaching, the sage Fulton helps them in whatever way he can when in the classroom.
- Nick - Bryan's roommate who is often stealing his auditions and scheming ways to achieve success. He winds up starring in a genital herpes commercial as well as auditioning for a porno, all against his own knowledge. Played by Nick Paonessa.
- Dragon - Another of Bryan's friends in the acting class who winds up dating Jennifer. Played by Erik Weiner.
- Pam - An actress in the class who hooks up with Nick. Played by Pamela Adlon.
- Diane - An actress in the class who has a romantic history with Goddard. Played by Diane Baker.
- Lambert, David (2005-08-04). "Unscripted - DVD Announcement & Cover Art". tvshowsondvd.com. Retrieved 2009-04-25.