User talk:Shivamsetu/Archive 2
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current page.|
|← Archive 1||Archive 2||Archive 3 →|
- 1 A barnstar for you!
- 2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ananyaprasad/Rashmi_Singh
- 3 Barnstar from Soham :)
- 4 Disambiguation link notification for October 11
- 5 শারদীয় শুভেচ্ছা! (Sharadiya Greetings!)
- 6 Nomination of Rashmi Singh (author) for deletion
- 7 Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Kankarbagh Colony concern
- 8 Greenwood
- 9 A barnstar for you!
- 10 Review
- 11 Disambiguation link notification for January 8
- 12 thanks
- 13 February 2014
- 14 Disambiguation link notification for February 10
- 15 Disambiguation link notification for March 1
- 16 Nineth vs Ninth
- 17 My infobox
- 18 A barnstar for you!
- 19 Trio World School
- 20 Bihar is an integral part of northern india
- 21 Please be more careful
A barnstar for you!
|The Barnstar of Good Humor!|
|Hello Shivamsetu.Recently you have signed my guestbook! Thank you very much for signing my guestbook. Cheers.--Pratyya (Hello!) 05:36, 1 October 2013 (UTC)|
- This page was created and then deleted See if you can work upon it
- I think the subject has the potential to deserve a wiki page.... Alright, I'll try to help get this started! — S SET (U-T-C-E) 18:38, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
Barnstar from Soham :)
|The Autograph Book Barnstar|
|This barnstar hereby acknowledges and appreciates the fact that you signed my Autograph Book, Thanks. --- 12:44, 10 October 2013 (UTC)|
Yippee Ki Yay12:44, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Rashmi Singh (author), you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Indian (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
শারদীয় শুভেচ্ছা! (Sharadiya Greetings!)
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Rashmi Singh (author) (2nd nomination) until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Sitush (talk) 23:07, 13 October 2013 (UTC)
Hi there, I'm HasteurBot. I just wanted to let you know that Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Kankarbagh Colony, a page you created, has not been edited in 6 months. The Articles for Creation space is not an indefinite storage location for content that is not appropriate for articlespace.
If your submission is not edited soon, it could be nominated for deletion. If you would like to attempt to save it, you will need to improve it.
You may request Userfication of the content if it meets requirements.
If the deletion has already occured, instructions on how you may be able to retrieve it are available at WP:REFUND/G13.
Hi just wondering why you deleted many categories of greenwood high school... it might have been over crowded but those were genuine categories.. r u in linkedin.. i think i know you ..
- Hello Bishwa! Unfortunately, some of the categories (like- Indian international schools, Educational organisations in India) were actually irrelevent to this article.
- It is best to add only the most relevent sub-categories and not use the parent category in the article. For example, Schools in Bangalore is a sub-category of Schools in Karnataka in turn is a subcategory of Schools in India. The article Greenwood High International School need only be placed in "Category:Schools in Bangalore", not in both "Category:Schools in Karnataka" and "Category:Schools in India". Since the first category is in the second category, readers are already given the information that Greenwood High is a school in Bangalore by it being a school in Karnataka/India. Read Wikipedia:Categorization for more. Hope this helps. :)
A barnstar for you!
Thanks boomboom 15:24, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
|The Original Barnstar|
|Hey u deserve it :) boomboom 14:12, 24 December 2013 (UTC)|
- Done. See my edit summaries and Talk:Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, West Champaran. -- Shivam Setu (U-T-C) 12:31, 28 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Moin-ul-Haq, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Olympic (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thanks for your welcome
- Hello @Yahvi.stx:. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on my talk page. Shivam Setu (U-T-C) 17:02, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to List of cultural festivals in Indian colleges may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 ""s. If you have, don't worry: just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- | [[Jharkhand]] || [[Ranchi]] || [Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra]] || [[BITOTSAV]]
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Yami Gautam, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Bilaspur (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that you've added some links pointing to disambiguation pages. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- List of institutions of higher education in Bihar (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to International University
Nineth vs Ninth
Hi, just a heads-up that whatever template you are using to create articles like Sheikhpura (Vidhan Sabha constituency) uses the word "Nineth" instead of "Ninth". I've fixed a bunch of these articles for that typo. It's not a big deal, my fixes are automated, but I thought I'd drop you a line in case you want to fix the template. Have a good day, Cyphoidbomb (talk) 19:33, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|Nice editor! Thanks. Yahvi.stx (talk) 16:33, 6 March 2014 (UTC)|
Trio World School
I am trying to create page for famous mathematician Vashishtha Narayan Singh .Plz help https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/Vashishtha_Narayan_Singh
Thanks buddy,i am very proud and happy that page of Vashishtha Narayann has now available in Wikipedia. boomboom 09:32, 9 April 2014 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bishwa 777 (talk • contribs)
Bihar is an integral part of northern india
Hi Bro! I've been using wikipedia for many years and have did research about bihar and patna and many regions of india. And i concluded with bihar being a north indian state. Since ancient times it has always been in north india, like an integral part of vedic civilization (which was know as aryavart also referred to as north india nowadays). It has always been a part of hindustan during islamic rules and is still considered an important part of Hindustan. I've another point for it, that it lies between Himalayan range and vindhya range, and this region has always been referred to as North India. It is a part of Hindi belt and hindi belt is always considered north india. Bro i'd like you to do more research about this topic. Because bihar is culturally a north indian state (see site of north central cultural region of india by indian goverment). And the site from bihar goverment which you're referring to as referrence, is actually a piece of shit, copied from old wikipedia pages, with many grammatical mistakes and stupid mistakes too. It is just biased toward mithila region of bihar which is of course east india forgetting magadh and bhojpuri region which are always a part of north india. Thanks 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:32, 10 April 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, well, this is clearly original research ... and a violation of WP:OR policy, one of Wikipedia's three core content policies. And i'm talking about its geographical area, not its cultural area. They are not the same thing. (or do you think they are?) BTW If you have not yet visited the website of Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre, then please do! Don't know how in the world do you believe a cultural zone website is a more authoritative source than the state government's website...esp. when you're talking about the geo location.
- Do these sources qualify as reliable sources?
and not sure if i understand you correctly, are you saying this - Mithila region (North east Bihar) is eastern India and Magadh region (South Bihar) is northern India, huh? --Shivam Setu (U-T-C) 18:11, 10 April 2014 (UTC) Well well got to know the sort of you are. And have already been to such many! Newbie, no need to show any wikipedia rules and conditions. Let's look at some points       Thackeray trains guns at north Indian students in Pune/1/8849.html and last one openely says "bihar a north indian state" see  So you see Some says it is north india and some says east. And you should know if it is in east india then it is as much in North india too 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:03, 12 April 2014 (UTC) Haven't you ever wondered that Varanasi is North India and Sikkim is east?? -for your "huh?" 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:44, 12 April 2014 (UTC) Yeah i've been to that site of east indian cultural zone much much earlier that you did and it is just because of mithila region, bihar is also put into this region. And just because of bhojpuri region it is put in north central cultural region alongwith uttar pradesh,delhi and uttarakhand. Mithila region is so identical to bengal and odisha that it is hard to differentiate between these regions. Culturally these all as same but not whole bihar. That's why most of the times, bihar is considered north when dealing with matter related to both the states of bihar and uttar pradesh and east when dealing with states like bengal, bihar or odisha. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:44, 13 April 2014 (UTC) So you stop edit warring and i'll stop too or else keep it on. Because i'll never let it be done as you wish to make these both pages (bihar and patna) and perhaps you'll do same. Since bihar lies in both regions then let it be stated here clearly likewise it is done in patna (ie, 2nd in east india and 5th in north india) and same for bihar too. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 03:48, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- Now you're referencing sites containing extremists Raj Thackeray's and MNS POV which isn't reliable. (the person could say what ever they want too say) Government sources are considered most reliable sources regarding issues of direction or geography over their own state. (In this specific situation, http://gov.bih.nic.in/ is most reliable among all) and please, could you stop giving me A LOT of Fringe theories? --Shivam Setu (U-T-C) 16:22, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
Seems like you've not been to the sites i've shared here. It is not a person saying, it's the media saying bihar a north indian states, exactly like you showed me other references. So do you see, same media (The Hindu, TOI, India today) once says bihar an eastern indian state and at other times they say bihar, a north indian state. And as per your reference (bihar government official site), if it gives most reliable source of information then i'd like you to do check out the site and you'll find out several mistakes like for instance, notice the latitude and longitude of bihar. If you really know the actual position (latitude and longitude, see section soil and climate) then you'll point out the mistake by yourself or no then compare it with other reliable sources (i hope you've some and not just this bihar goverment site). And as per my experience from the site, it feels like it is created by some dimbos. And sometimes looks to me like it's been not edited since jharkhand was carved out of bihar. One more thing, bihar doesn't suit in east india, because east india is know for its mineral and forest resources, and bihar lacks in it. East india is known for its tribal (jharkhand and odisha) and mongolo-dravidian (bengal and assam) population whereas north india is for its more aryan population and bihar again doesn't suit here and it has very few tribal population (can be considered migrants from jharkhand) and almost negligible mongolo dravidian population. It is not i'm saying upon my experience, you can get it verified from your sources (as you've no time for my sources and may be you think, only your source is reliable?). You can get all datas which i'm trying to prove verified. Lets come to point, there's no indian government site which classify bihar as an east indian state. It is just that "stupid" (sorry) bihar government site which says so whereas one indian government site (cultural zones of india) classifies bihar as both east and north indian state (north-central zone is actually north because uttar pradesh, uttarakhand and delhi belong to just this zone not north zone and they're always considered just north india). And so we both see this is the only indian government site which proves what i want to prove. And for other references like medias, they're neutral here sometime stating bihar as east and sometime north. So we can't just let it be written here on wikipedia that bihar belongs to east as well as north by showing both kinda references. Because if we don't do so, then it'll be directly denying the other part of the source of information which shouldn't be done on wikipedia and since because we've sources for both the points we just can't deny one. Thanks. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:01, 13 April 2014 (UTC) And one more thing, i'm not trying to impose my points (or theories like you said) on you. It is a talk page and i think we're free to talk and discuss here as it is here for same purpose. Here i can express and explain my points because it is not a wikipedia information page so that we've to modest our thought while editing/writing there. Here i feel free to explain my points because i can do so. Don't get me wrong. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:13, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- .....there's no indian government site which classify bihar as an east indian state..... This is not true. Actually GOI has never categorized Bihar under Northern India, their all department classifies it as Eastern India ...
Here are some examples. Check it out-
- Survey of India, The National Survey and Mapping Organization under GOI clearly states Bihar as an eastern part of country 
- The Parliament of India in its report on the national food security bill, classifies Bihar as an east Indian state  (pdf)
- List of PMAs for Abattoir by National Meat & Poultry Processing Board (NMPPB) [nmppb.gov.in/Page/PMA_Abattoirs.pdf](pdf)
- The geographical survey of India (GSI) 
- The Income tax department  etc.
Lol i never told you to stop discussing, but not to give any fringe theories (theories those have little or no scientific support). In case you don't remember, Wikipedia does not publish original research work based on theories. Its content is determined by previously published information rather than the beliefs of its editors/IPs. If you discover something new, Wikipedia is not the place to announce such a discovery. --Shivam Setu (U-T-C) 14:07, 14 April 2014 (UTC) Anyway, i just know i can write here that bihar belongs to east as well as north india and i've a reliable source of reference (news clips from considerable media, and indian cultural zone website) acceptable at wikipedia to support my thesis and for yours, you put your references. Remember, you don't own this page. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 15:38, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
Please be more careful
Please do not do this. If the user had objected to the post, they were fully capable of handling the situation. Deleting or refactoring the talk page posts of other editors is a touchy subject and really should be avoided except in the most extreme circumstances. Regards Tiderolls 19:15, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|