User talk:Simply south
|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
If you have any comments or queries, please drop a note. Please do not add insults or erroneous comments to my userpage, unless in the context of Wikipedia or to do with vandalism, but not as vandalism, or along the lines of this.
If you leave a message here, i will most likely reply back on your page unless otherwise.
PLEASE LEAVE ALL MESSAGES AND TEMPLATES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, THANK YOU.
- 1 Archives
- 2 The Signpost: 30 July 2014
- 3 August 2014
- 4 The Signpost: 06 August 2014
- 5 The Signpost: 13 August 2014
- 6 The Signpost: 20 August 2014
- 7 The Signpost: 27 August 2014
- 8 The Signpost: 03 September 2014
- 9 The Signpost: 10 September 2014
- 10 The Signpost: 17 September 2014
- 11 The Metropolitan newsletter
- March to August 2006.
- August to November 2006.
- November 2006 to February 2007
- February to April 2007
- April to August 2007
- August 2007 to January 2008
- February to August 2008
- September 2008 to April 2009
- April to September 2009
- October 2009 to June 2010
- July to December 2010
- January to July 2011
- August 2011 to March 2012
- April to December 2012
- January to July 2013
- July 2013 to 2014
The Signpost: 30 July 2014
- News and notes: How many more hoaxes will Wikipedia find?
- Book review: Knowledge or unreality?
- Wikimedia in education: Success in Egypt and the Arab world
- Featured content: Skeletons and Skeltons
- Traffic report: Doom and gloom vs. the power of Reddit
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- '' is a village and [[civil parish]] near [[Woodbridge, Suffolk|Woodbridge]], [[Suffolk]], [[United Kingdom. It was a royal centre of authority for the king of the [[Kingdom of East Anglia|
The Signpost: 06 August 2014
- Wikimedia in education: Leading universities educate with Wikipedia in Mexico
- News and notes: "History is a human right"—first-ever transparency report released as Europe begins hiding Wikipedia in search results
- Traffic report: Ebola drives reader interest
- Featured content: Bottoms, asses, and the fairies that love them
- Technology report: A technologist's Wikimania preview
The Signpost: 13 August 2014
- Wikimania: Promised the moon, settled for the stars
- Special report: Twitter bots catalogue government edits to Wikipedia
- News and notes: Media Viewer controversy spreads to German Wikipedia
- Wikimedia in education: Global Education—WMF's Perspective
- In the media: Monkey selfie, net neutrality, and hoaxes
- Featured content: Cambridge got a lot of attention this week
- Traffic report: Disease, decimation and distraction
The Signpost: 20 August 2014
- Op-ed: A new metric for Wikimedia
- Traffic report: Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
- WikiProject report: Bats and gloves
- Featured content: English Wikipedia departs for Japan
The Signpost: 27 August 2014
- Featured content: Cheats at Featured Pictures!
- In the media: Plagiarism and vandalism dominate Wikipedia news
- News and notes: Media Viewer—Wikimedia's emotional roller-coaster
- Traffic report: Viral
The Signpost: 03 September 2014
- WikiProject report: Gray's Anatomy (v. 2)
- Traffic report: Holding Pattern
- Featured content: 1882 × 6 in gold, and thruppence more
- Arbitration report: Media viewer case is suspended
The Signpost: 10 September 2014
- Featured content: The louse and the fish's tongue
- WikiProject report: Checking that everything's all right
- Traffic report: Refuge in celebrity
The Signpost: 17 September 2014
- News and notes: Wikipedia's traffic statistics are off by nearly one-third
- WikiProject report: A trip up north to Scotland
- Featured content: Which is not like the others?
- Traffic report: Tolstoy leads a varied pack
Hi, I notice that you haven't updated The Metropolitan newsletter this year. Are you intending to restart this, or should it be considered defunct now?--DavidCane (talk) 14:14, 20 September 2014 (UTC)
- There's no need to apologise. We're wikipedian's because we choose to be and if editing becomes a chore or too much like work, then it's not worth doing it. I wasn't asking because I expect or expected you to produce a new edition, but because I noticed that a user had added themselves to the distribution list and it made me think about when I saw the last update. If you don't have the time on a regular basis, then just put it to one side.
- I have noticed that the number of project participants has been dwindling and the number of articles getting promoted to GA or FA has declined. The project has always been more a loose affiliation then a strongly organised project like WP:MILHIST, so perhaps the newsletter isn't required.
- In any case, please don't feel that you need to produce an update just because I asked. --DavidCane (talk) 21:13, 20 September 2014 (UTC)