July 18, 1986 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school||Parker (Birmingham, Alabama)|
|College||Mississippi State (2004–2006)
|NBA draft||2008 / Round: 2 / Pick: 32nd overall|
|Selected by the Seattle SuperSonics|
|Pro playing career||2008–present|
|2009||→Fort Wayne Mad Ants|
|2011||New Mexico Thunderbirds|
|2012||Guangzhou Free Man|
|2013||GlobalPort Batang Pier|
Walter L. Sharpe III (born July 18, 1986) is an American professional basketball player.
Sharpe played his prep basketball at Parker High School in Birmingham, Alabama, his place of birth. He was later signed by Mississippi State University. Sharpe's career at Mississippi State was suspended frequently during his freshman season, declared academically ineligible during his sophomore season and eventually kicked off the team. He transferred to the University of Alabama at Birmingham, where he averaged 14.2 points per game in 12 games before being declared academically ineligible for the spring semester of the 2007–08 season.
On March 19, 2013, GlobalPort Batang Pier terminated his contract due to "conduct unbecoming of a professional basketball player" after a controversial photo of him sleeping on parking lot pavement went viral. GlobarPort Batang Pier team manager BJ Manalo said that they "will not tolerate actions of any local or foreign player who destroys the integrity" of both their team and that of the PBA. Sharpe played only two games in the PBA.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Mississippi State dismisses forwards Sharpe, Houston
- Irvine, Steve (January 15, 2008). "UAB's Walter Sharpe is academically ineligible". al.com (The Birmingham News). Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "Nuggets Acquire Afflalo, Sharpe from Detroit". NBA.com. July 13, 2009. Retrieved July 13, 2009.
- "Milwaukee Bucks trade Malik Allen to Denver Nuggets for Walter Sharpe, Sonny Weems and cash". InsideHoops.com. July 31, 2009. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- Walter Sharpe moves to Global Port
- GlobalPort gives sleeping import Sharpe the boot