The Wan Chien (萬劍) is a cluster bomb researched and produced by the Chungshan Institute of Science and Technology. A total of 4 Wan Chien cluster bombs have been produced and are currently undergoing testing and evaluation with the Republic of China Air Force's AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo fighters.
The Wan Chien has resulted from the Wan Chien project approved by the Ministry of Defence. It partly resembles the AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapon. The name Wan Chien (萬劍) literally means "Ten Thousand Swords".
- General characteristics
- Primary Function: Cluster Bomb
- Platform: Aircraft launched
- Range: 100-250km
- Length: 4.5-4.8m
- Weight: 800-900kg
- Diameter: 75-80cm
- Warhead: 300-350kg
- Guidance: GPS Guidance System
- Date Deployed: Unknown
- ^ "我遙攻武器 萬劍彈曝光" (in Chinese). Liberty Times. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
- ^ Asia Defence Monthly (October, 2008). Wan Chien (in Chinese). Unknown.
External links