||This article needs attention from an expert in Video games. (May 2011)|
Logo for the North America & Europe version
|Publisher(s)||Tencent Holdings, Nexon, Mail.Ru, Trion Worlds, Level Up! Games|
|Distributor(s)||Gface (NA & Europe)|
|Release date(s)||Microsoft Windows
October 21, 2013
The game is exclusive to the PC and is powered by CryEngine 3. Being developed by Crytek Kiev and co-produced by Crytek Seoul and Crytek Frankfurt, it was originally aimed for a release in mainland China. In August 2011 Crytek announced that the game would be hitting the Western markets in 2012. Later on in February 2012, the game was announced to be published by Nexon in South Korea and Taiwan. This game is currently in an open beta stage on Mail.Ru's game client in Russia. It was announced in July 2012 that Trion Worlds will be publishing the game in United States, New Zealand, Turkey, Australia, and Europe. Warface closed beta started on the 17 January 2013.
In August 2012 an announcement was made that Warface could possibly be coming to consoles such as Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the near future. In August 28, 2013, Crytek announced that Warface would come to Xbox 360 in early 2014.
- "Crytek reveals Warface". Crytek. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "Warface Announced for 2012 Release".
- "Nexon publishing Crytek's Warface in South Korea, Taiwan".
- "New parthnership with Trion Worlds". Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Warface free-to-play shooter closed beta launches today".
- "Warface could come to consoles". Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- Jeffrey Matulef (August 28, 2013). "Free-to-play FPS Warface coming to Xbox 360 in early 2014". Eurogamer. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
|This first-person shooter video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|