|Single by Iron Maiden|
|from the album Fear of the Dark|
"Holy Smoke (live)"
"The Assassin (live)"
|Released||1 September 1992|
|Iron Maiden singles chronology|
The song was a collaboration of singer Bruce Dickinson, and guitarist Janick Gers. The lyrics deal with the subject of loneliness brought on by sex outside the context of love.
The single was only officially released in The Netherlands, although different one-track promotional CDs exist, one for U.S. radio stations and another for Spain, which had the only vinyl version of the single. 
The single cover is the third Iron Maiden single not to feature the band's iconic mascot Eddie on the front cover (the previous examples being "Running Free (live)" and "From Here to Eternity"). The cover photo alludes to the music video, which portrays a man tattooing the names of women all over his body. The song's video was directed by Samuel Bayer.
The guitar solo in "Wasting Love" is played by Janick Gers.
The B-side features three live tracks recorded at London's Wembley Arena on the "No Prayer On The Road" tour to support the No Prayer for the Dying album in 1990.  These live recordings of "The Tailgunner", "Holy Smoke" & "The Assassin" are also available on a very rare Australian digi-pack (CD) version of Fear of the Dark album that was released to promote the Australian leg of the tour in 1992.
- "Wasting Love" (Bruce Dickinson, Janick Gers) – 4:55
- "Tailgunner" (live - Wembley Arena, London 17 December '90) (Bruce Dickinson, Steve Harris) – 4:04
- "Holy Smoke " (live - Wembley Arena, London 17 December '90) (Dickinson, Harris) – 3:34
- "The Assassin" (live - Wembley Arena, London 17 December '90) (Harris) – 4:25
- Bruce Dickinson – vocals
- Dave Murray – rhythm guitar
- Janick Gers – lead guitar
- Steve Harris – bass guitar
- Nicko McBrain – drums
- "Wasting Love Vinyl". Retrieved 09/04/2012. Check date values in:
- "No Prayer On The Road". Retrieved 09/04/2012. Check date values in:
- Marco Gamba; Nicola Visintini (2001). Iron Maiden Companion. Moving Media & Arts. ISBN 3-931624-87-0.
- Covered by 80 Rock Tribute Group - Son of Jorel's Tribute to 80s Rock (2003)