Westcliff railway station
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007)|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Westcliff from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Westcliff railway station is on the main London, Tilbury and Southend Railway line between London Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness railway station. It is located on Station Road, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, England, SS0 7SB, and was opened in 1895. It is open Monday to Friday 05:45 to 22:00 and has a cycle rack for 15 bicycles, a taxicab stand, and a car park with 50 parking spaces and 3 disabled spaces. It was extensively improved between 2004 to 2006 in a £500,000 refurbishment by a partnership between c2c and Southend Borough Council in order to attract more people to travel by rail.
The main ticket office is located on the London bound side of the station, leading to Platform 1. It has two serving positions and uses the TRIBUTE ticket issuing system. Outside the main ticket office is a self-service Scheidt & Bachmann ticket machine. A second, smaller ticket office has been constructed on the Shoeburyness bound Platform 2, but is not currently in use.
The typical off-peak train frequency per hour is:
- 6 to Fenchurch Street, of which:
- 2 do not stop at Pitsea, West Horndon or Limehouse
- 2 call at all stations via Basildon
- 2 take the longer route via Ockendon
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
London, Tilbury & Southend Line
- James Bettley and Nikolaus Pevsner (2007). Essex. The Buildings of England. Yale University Press. p. 712.
- c2c. "c2c Online - Westcliff station". Retrieved 2008-07-19.
- c2c (May 24, 2006). "c2c Online - Environmental work complete at Westcliff station". Retrieved 2008-07-19.[dead link]