Wikipedia talk:WikiProject France
|This WikiProject's subject is featured in the Outline of France, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, comprise Wikipedia's Outline of knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject France and anything related to its purposes and tasks.|
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
|WikiProject France||(Rated Project-class)|
|Threads older than 120 days may be archived by.|
- 1 EuropaCorp
- 2 1958 elections
- 3 Infobox French region
- 4 French language help needed
- 5 RfC Notification regarding Chevalier d'Eon
- 6 Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
- 7 GAR
- 8 The world's largest country
- 9 RM which won't show up on alerts
- 10 FEANF
- 11 Ne pas oublier Jennifer Ayache (Fille de Chantal Lauby) as the Little Girl at the Cinema Exit
- 12 German Exile Periodicals in France
- 13 Plogonnec, Brittany
- 14 Cabinet or Government of France
- 15 Disambiguation help needed for Angevin
A blueprint for France?
Hello, I am a member of the French Film Task Force. Among other things I have provided a whole lot of wikitables for the filmographies of French stars such as Alain Delon, Jean Marais etc. I have also written a number of articles on French films, occasionally even in French. Most recently I rewrote some general film articles including film director and film producer. Hereby I became aware of Luc Besson's achievements. The whole French industry seems to moan about declining exports. The whole industry? No, one single company doesn't. EuropaCorp that is. EuropaCorp with its self-confident, international approach could be a blueprint for a French resurgence in regards to exports. I mean, did Besson ever complain the Germans were too strong or something? Wasn't Constantin film earlier on so much more successful than EuropaCorp? Whenever I watch Besson's early films I wonder if he is crazy, but hey, maybe that is exactly what it takes to create a miracle. Really, I beseech you to assess the importance of this article again and to help me to brush up the article. Please look into it. N'hesitez pas, s'il vous plaît. NordhornerII (talk)
Hello, I have a quick question about the 1958 Natonal Assembly elections. Did they only occur in "Metropolitan" France, or also in the overseas territories? For some reason, in African MPs' biographies, there does not appear to be any figures for 1958 elections for MPs representing African territories (but there are for all previous elections - see e.g. Sourou Apithy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Number 57 20:58, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for your interesting question. As far as I understand (I was not born ;-)...
- Following this link : www.assemblee-nationale.fr/elections/historique-3 (Sièges pourvus par nomination : anciennes colonies d'Afrique noire 23) 23 députés were nominated, from the anciennes colonies d'Afrique noire.
- The link you provide : Sourou Apithy. 30/11/1958 - 15/07/1959. It was a prolongation of his previous mandate. So, Sourou Apithy was nominated député because he was previously (in 1956) elected deputé and... the independences of all the african colonies where already planned.
- From the 2nd paragraph in fr:Liste des députés de la Ire législature de la Cinquième République : « Elle a été marquée par le maintien en fonction jusqu'au 15 juillet 1959 des 33 députés des Territoires d'outre-mer élus précédemment » Automated translation : it was marked by the retention until 15 July 1959, 33 members of the Overseas Territories previously elected
- What I can't understand, is a problem of numbers; 33, 23... it's not very clear.
- TLTR: In short (and except Algeria, the Comores...) the elections did not occur in the overseas territories.
- Sorry for my broken english and the mess; the period was messy, too, indeed.
- Alvar☮ 19:19, 28 August 2014 (UTC)
Infobox French region
Hello, I've a question about infobox homogeneity .
What is the convention to fill the flag and shield parameters of Template:Infobox French region? Do we need to use the national flag as in Martinique or Guadeloupe, or the emblems of the region, as in Alsace, Brittany and others? Or nothing as in Île-de-France, where only the reg_logo is filled? Opinions differ.
French language help needed
I am unable to find English language sources to respond to expansion requests for Heather Stewart-Whyte. Can someone help me translate French for the 3 stories listed at Template:Did you know nominations/Heather Stewart-Whyte.--TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD) 23:49, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
RfC Notification regarding Chevalier d'Eon
There is currently an RfC on the proper use of pronouns in the article Chevalier d'Eon, which falls within the scope of this Wikiproject. The RfC can be found here. Your comments and discussion on the matter would be appreciated. 0x0077BE [talk/contrib] 14:48, 22 September 2014 (UTC)
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:47, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
Paris, an article that you or your project may be interested in, has been nominated for an individual good article reassessment. If you are interested in the discussion, please participate by adding your comments to the reassessment page. If concerns are not addressed during the review period, the good article status may be removed from the article. Tim riley talk 14:36, 2 November 2014 (UTC)
- That over, there's a few of us aiming to get the Paris article back into GA shape - and better, if possible. Any (especially knowledgable) help would be much much much much appreciated. Thanks! THEPROMENADER ✎ ✓ 18:25, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
The world's largest country
- France is the largest country in West Europa (and in European Union) by area, but the second by population, after Germany (Figures here). — M-le-mot-dit (T) 13:48, 9 November 2014 (UTC)
RM which won't show up on alerts
I edited the Black African Students Association in France/FEANF page recently. Added a few paragraphs about what tangible results their efforts brought about (housing specifically for African students studying in France, funding for various cultural endeavors). I also thought that it would be a good idea to add a section about the French response to the FEANF/Francophone West African student movement, since they didn't exist in a vortex and needed the funding and approval of the French administrators to enact change. I felt that the page needed a brief mention of how the colonial system affected and obscured the FEANF's political relationship with the French. Lippienyx (talk) 15:12, 16 November 2014 (UTC)
Ne pas oublier Jennifer Ayache (Fille de Chantal Lauby) as the Little Girl at the Cinema Exit
I think you may forgot the little girl when Chantal Lauby fell down exiting the movie theater.
German Exile Periodicals in France
I am working on German-language exile periodicals published in France from 1933-1945. I am currently working on a draft for an article on the Sozialistische Warte, hopefully to be up soon!
This stained glass of Saint Aelhaiarn (various spellings) is supposedly in one of the church windows there, presumably either Chapel(le) Saint-Théleau or -Thurien. Does anyone here live nearby or can anyone check some relevant French database? — LlywelynII 01:20, 23 November 2014 (UTC)