Rural Municipality of Wilton No. 472
|Wilton No. 472, Saskatchewan|
|Local Improvement District||Wirral|
|Local improvement district||May 14, 1905.|
|Rural Municipality||October 1909.|
|• Total||1,042.72 km2 (402.60 sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC−7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC−6)|
Wilton No. 472 is a rural municipality of 1,473 rural residents (2006 census) in the northwestern part of Saskatchewan, Canada. The RM was incorporated October 1909. Other localities in the area include Village of Marshall and the Town of Lashburn
The city of Lloydminster lies adjacent to the northwest corner of Wilton.
A rural municipality is an administrative district consisting of an elected reeve, councilors, administrator who provide essential services within their area.
The first meeting of the Wirral Improvement District was held May 14, 1905. For taxation purposes it was agreed that a levy of one and a half cents per acre would be made. The first road equipment was purchased in 1907 and consisted of 6 road scrapers for each Township. A local man was hired to act as foreman and he was paid 25 cents per hour.
— Wilton No. 472
- Lashburn (independent Town)
- Lloydminster (independent City)
- Lone Rock
- Marshall (independent Village)
- Lat 53°2′49″ N
- Long 109°48′34″ W
- Time zone Mountain Standard Time (winter), Mountain Daylight-Saving Time (summer)
- "MRD Municipal Status Information", Ministry of Municipal Affairs (Government of Saskatchewan), archived from the original ([DEAD LINK] – SCHOLAR SEARCH) on 2008-03-25, retrieved 2007-12-29
- Saskatchewan Genealogy Association, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "4708001 - Swift Current No. 137, geographical codes and localities ,2006", Statistics Canada (Government of Canada), retrieved 2007-12-29
- "Wilton No. 472", Sask biz (Government of Saskatchewan), retrieved 2007-12-29
- Sask Biz, Government of Saskatchewan (2004), Wilton No. 472, retrieved 2007-12-27
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "Wilton No. 472, Saskatchewan, Canada, North America". World Index. Rumbletum.org. 2004. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- Official website
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority - SREDA
- Saskatchewan, Canada, Rand McNally 1924 Indexed Pocket Map Tourists' and Shippers' Guide
- GeoNames Query
- Post Offices and Postmasters - ArchiviaNet - Library and Archives Canada
- Saskatchewan Gen Web - One Room School Project
- Canadian Maps: January 1925 Waghorn's Guide. Post Offices in Man. Sask. Alta. and West Ontario.
- Saskatoon Gen Web
- Map of Wilton No. 472 at Statcan
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|