||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
September 26, 1986
Suncheon, South Korea
|Education||Kyonggi University, Majoring Arts|
|Revised Romanization||Yoon Si-yoon|
|Revised Romanization||Yoon Dong-goo|
|Official Twitter Account|
Yoon Shi-yoon (Hangul: 윤시윤; born Yoon Dong-goo on September 26, 1986) is a South Korean actor. He is well known for his lead role in King of Baking, Kim Takgu as Kim Takgu and in Flower Boys Next Door as Enrique Geum.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Discography
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 Awards and nominations
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Yoon Shi-yoon was born as Yoon Dong Goo, a name he used until his agency recommended an official change of name upon his entry into college, in a small town in Suncheon. He is the only child of his family. When he was a little boy he was raised by his grandparents. At the time, while the peer of his age went to kindergarten and learned English, Yoon went to seodang, a traditional school that teaches Confucianisms and learned Chinese. Yoon's unique childhood was then unveiled through his song Granpa's bicycle for Barefooted Friends. He later joined Majoring Art at Kyonggi University
Debut acting and recognition (2009)
He had a good start with High Kick Through the Roof and won MBC's Best Couple award with Shin Se-Kyung and nominated for Best New Actor in TV for Baeksang Arts Awards. In the sitcom, Yoon played as Jun-hyuk,a semi-rebellious teenage boy. Yoon together with Shin Se-Kyung, Hwang Jung-eum and Choi Daniel made a rectangle-love.
Breakthrough with The King of Baking (2010)
The following year, 2010, Yoon got casted as Kim Takgu in the King of Baking, Kim Takgu opposite Joo Won. The drama peaked ratings at 50.8% and is the 25th highest rated Korean Drama at all time. With an excellent role in the national drama - King of Baking, Kim Takgu, Yoon Shi Yoon really made a breakthrough and catapulted him to immense popularity as well as received much praise from the viewers for his sincere acting. The drama's writer, Kang Eun-kyung, saw Yoon in High Kick Through the Roof and she thought he had the potential for the play. However, Yoon is not actually the first choice as many people were against casting him but since many stars refused to play in King of Baking, Kim Takgu so the drama's director had to take Yoon as a risky choice. In the drama, Yoon played as Kim Tak Gu-the eldest son of Gu Il Jong, the chairmain of Geosung Foods Enterprise(Jun Kwang Ryul), and his mistress, Kim Misun(Jeon Mi-seon). Yoon finally proved that he was the best for the role and won the KBS's Excellent Award, best couple award with Lee Young-ah and many others recognition. Yoon also had his first big screen debut with a leading role, along with Park Ji-yeon, Hwang Jung Eum and Kim Suro, in the horror movie Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp. Yoon was really successful with his first movie since the box office of it reached over 5 million dollars 
Yoon after The King of Baking (2011-present)
In 2011, Yoon was casted over Kim Jae Won, who suffered dislocated shoulder, in Me Too, Flower! opposite Lee Ji-ah. However, the drama was really a flop and had to end early because of poor rating averaging at only 6.5%. In 2012, Yoon Shi Yoon introduced his new movie Mr.Perfect. In 2012, Yoon had his first Chinese drama too, Happy Noddle, which was later aired in 2013 and had the highest average ratings in China. On December 8, Yoon received Top Ten Asian Star Award hosted by CETV.
In 2013 he scored a leading role again in a cable drama in the third drama of flower boy series of TVN, Flower Boys Next Door, opposite the hot star, Park Shin Hye. His character in Flower Boys Next Door is completely different from Kim Takgu. In the drama Yoon portrayed Enrique Geum who developed a wildly successful video game at the age of 17 and is fun-loving, talkative, bohemian and can't get enough of soccer and he is the one who make Dok Mi(Park Shin Hye) get out of her flat. In January 28 TVN announced that the drama had become the highest sold cable drama ever to Japan. The drama also had high ratings and attracted a lot of attention from the teenage viewers.
Yoon also had his first variety show, Barefooted Friends in 2013 along with Kang Ho Dong, Super Junior's Eunhyuk, Kim Hyun Joong, After School's UEE and other Korean celebrities. The show,however, initially suffers bad ratings and struggles in the ratings battle. Even though Yoon had drama commitment at the final quarter of the year, he said that he was not going to leave the show. While Kim Hyun Joong left the show to focus more on his upcoming drama.
On October 22, 2013, Yoon confirmed to join the A-class star Lee Beom-soo and the Girls' Generation's idol Yoona in a KBS's drama Prime Minister and I. This also marked Yoon's return to KBS after three years since successful King of Baking, Kim Takgu. The screenplay for the series is written by Kim Eun-Hye and Yoon Eun-Kyung who wrote Winter Sonata. In the drama, Yoon portrayed Kang In Ho who is the top elite government officer for the prime minister Kwon Yool (Lee Beom-soo) and is the first love of Nam Da-Jung(Yoona).
Yoon is addicted to books. He has over 2000 books at home. He even reads books during breaks when filming. Even his co-stars such as Park Shin Hye, Chae Jung-an and Ryu Jin are also impressed by his habit.
|2009||High Kick Through the Roof||Jung Joon-hyuk (lead role)||MBC-TV|
|2010||King of Baking, Kim Takgu||Kim Tak-gu (first leading role)||KBS2|
|Once Upon a Time in Saengchori||Park Shi-yoon (cameo)||TVN|
|2011||Me Too, Flower!||Seo Jae-hee(first leading role)||MBC-TV|
|2011-2012||High Kick: Revenge of the Short Legged||Yoon Shi-yoon (cameo, ep 88)||MBC-TV|
|2012||Brand Guardians||Ha Woo joo Lead (ep1- 13)|
|2013||Flower Boys Next Door||Enrique Geum(first leading role)||TVN|
|Happy noodle - 幸福的面条||秀灿(first leading role)||ZJSTV|
|2013-2014||Prime Minister and I||Kang In Ho(second leading role)||KBS2|
|2010||Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp||Kwan-woo (first leading role)|
|2012||Mr. Perfect||Baek Se-jin (first leading role)|
|2010||Strong Heart||SBS||Guest(ep 35,36)|
|2011||Happy Together||KBS2||Guest(ep 152)|
|2012||Strong Heart||SBS||Guest(ep 159,160)|
|Taxi Talk Show||TVN||Guest(ep 270)|
|2013||Gag Concert||KBS2||Guest(ep 686)|
|Barefooted Friends||SBS||Main cast|
|Happy Together||KBS2||Guest(ep 328)|
|2013||KBS Gayo Daejoon||KBS|
|2009||High Kick Through The Roof OST||" The Road To Me"|
|2010||King of Baking, Kim Takgu OST||"Only You"|
|2013||Flower Boys Next Door OST||"I want to date you"|
|Barefooted Friends My song, My story||"Grandpa's bicycle" (ft Juniel, Tablo)|
|2009||"Lonely Voyage"||Kim Dong-ryool|
|2010||"I Promise You"||Park Hyo Shin|
- Nii (2010)
- TI for Men Suits (2010)
- Vogue (2010)
- Dunkin' Donuts with Yoon Seung Ah (2010)
- KT Tech over Bubi Bubi with T-ara (2010)
- LG Household and Health Care (2010)
- Elastin (2010)
- Omphalos (2011)
- InStyle with Park Shin Hye (2013)
- Men's Health (2013)
- CeCi with Park Shin Hye (2013)
- Vogue (2013)
- Harper's Bazaar (2013)
Awards and nominations
|2009||MBC Entertainment Awards||Best Couple Award with Shin Se-kyung||High Kick Through the Roof||Won|
|46th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actor in TV||Nominated|
|2010||KBS Drama Awards||Best Couple Award with Lee Young-ah||King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo||Won|
|Popularity Award, Actor||Nominated|
|Best New Actor||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries||Won|
|47th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Actor in TV||Nominated|
|Korean Drama Festival||Best New Actor||Won|
|18th Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards||Popularity Award, Actor||Won|
|3rd Korean Drama Award||Male Rookie of the Year||Won|
|2012||CETV's Acting Award||Top Ten Asian Star Award||Won|
- "Actor Yoon Si Yoon talks about his childhood "I didn't go to kindergaten"". 26 December 2012. Retrieved 26 December 201.
- "Barefoot Friends, Kim Hyun Joong and Yoon Si Yoon's seaside camping". 12 August 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "'Barefoot Friends' unveils 1st Ost 'My Story, My Song' featuring songs By Uee, Yoon Si Yoon and Kang Ho Dong". 19 August 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Actor Yoon Si-yoon of High Kick Through the Roof Top". March 18, 2010.
- "Top 50 highest-rated TV dramas of all time". 8 December 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2010.
- "[ChanMi's movie news] "Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp" casting Yoon Si-Yoon". 11 February 2010. Retrieved 11 February 2010.
- "Death bell 2: Bloody camp". 23 January 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- "Yoon Shi Yoon cast in Chinese drama 'Happy Noodles'". March 26, 2013. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "윤시윤 "중드 시청률 1위" 기쁨의 곰돌이 암바 작렬". May 13, 2013. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- "Yoon Si Yoon receives Popular Star Prize in China". December 8, 2012. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- "Park Shin Hye and Yoon Shi Yoon to star in new drama "Flower Boys Next Door"". October 31, 2012. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- ""Flower Boy Next Door" is the highest cable series sold to Japan". January 28, 2013. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- "'Flower Boys Next Door' Is Sold to Japan for Record Amount". January 28, 2013.
- "'맨친' 윤시윤, '첫 예능 맞아?' 무한 예능감+적응력 과시". April 22, 2013. Retrieved April 22, 2013.
- "Yoon Si Yoon and Kim Hyun Joong are filming together". March 27, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Kim Hyun Joong leaves 'Barefooted Friends' to focus more on drama". October 31, 2013. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "Yoon Shi Yoon Joins SNSD's Yoona for Prime Minister and I". October 23, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "The Prime Minister and I". 22 October 2013. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "윤시윤 ‘시청률 50% 신화’ 재도전, ‘제빵왕 김탁구’ 이어 3년만에 KBS 컴백". October 22, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Yoon Si-yoon to come back to KBS". October 22, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Yoon Shi Yoon searches for Little Prince and shares his love for books". February 28, 2013.
- "Yoon Shi Yoon talks about how he loves book". December 19, 2012.
- "'맨친' 김현중, 윤시윤에 "최근 여자친구는?" 돌직구 질문". June 16, 2013.
- "[인터뷰] 윤시윤 "여자친구 진짜 없지만 생기면 공개연애 OK"".