Young Robin Hood
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2012)|
|Young Robin Hood|
|Written by||Cheryl Blakeney
|Directed by||Bernard Freimovitz
|Voices of||Thor Bishopric
|Country of origin||Canada
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Executive producer(s)||Micheline Charest
|Producer(s)||Ronald A. Weinberg
|Running time||26 minutes|
|Original run||January 1, 1991 – November 30, 1992|
Young Robin Hood (1991) is an animated series produced by Cinar and Hanna-Barbera Productions. The show takes place when Robin is a teenager, Richard the Lion Heart is on his "first crusade" and Robin Hood's father, the Earl of Huntington, joins him.
Robin Hood quickly finds himself at odds with the establishment; the Sheriff of Nottingham and Prince John, and creates a camp in Sherwood forest with other youngsters. The only girl, Marian, is a ward of the sheriff and spy for Robin. The main thing about Robin's youth in this case, is that his plans do not always work and he is questioned from time to time because of his youth, the fact that he is a known criminal and has no legal guardian to vouch for him.
- Robin Hood; the boy in the county with a bow. He rarely is beaten by other archers. As a nobleman he understands Latin, has a tame Hawk called Arrow. Arrow is used to pass messages between him and Marian.
- Little John; a blacksmith's son. Typically one of Robin's most loyal followers, but is not above criticizing Robin's plans.
- Alan-a-Dale; a very young, romantic minstrel.
- Will Scarlett; a young, talented thief, who idolizes Robin. He is a technical talent and creates traps and machines.
- Brother Tuck; a very young monk, sometimes questioning his choice being an outlaw. He is very pious and speaks Latin every now and then.
- Marian; Robin's sweetheart and a ward at Nottingham, sometimes suspected of conspiring with him.
- Haggala; a kind-hearted sorceress whoses spells don't always work. Has a cat named Miranda.
- Prince John; spoiled boy who whines about who should be king. Sometimes tries to usurp Richard but the attempts are thwarted by Robin, or John's own ineptitude.
- Sheriff of Nottingham; a harsh man and good swordsman.
- Gilbert of Gisbourn; lieutenant to the sheriff and has a crush on Marian. He often tries to win her over and Marian uses it to get information. Has a dog named Bruno.
- Young Robin Hood at the Internet Movie Database
- Young Robin Hood Episode Guide @ Big Cartoon Database