1½ Knights – In Search of the Ravishing Princess Herzelinde
|1½ Knights – In Search of the Ravishing Princess Herzelinde|
German Theatrical Poster
|Directed by||Til Schweiger|
|Produced by||Til Schweiger
|Written by||Oliver Philipp
|Music by||Stefan Hansen
|Edited by||Charles Ladmiral
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
1½ Knights – In Search of the Ravishing Princess Herzelinde (German: 1½ Ritter – Auf der Suche nach der hinreißenden Herzelinde) is a 2008 German film directed by Til Schweiger. It stars Til Schweiger, Rick Kavanian, Julia Dietze, Thomas Gottschalk and Udo Kier. The film centers on two knights, Lanze (Schweiger) and Erdal (Kavanian) who are trying to save kidnapped Princess Herzelinde (Dietze) from the Black Knight (Tobias Moretti). Some characters from Der Ring des Nibelungen by Richard Wagner, such as Siegfried (Thierry van Werveke) and Brünnhilde (Stefanie Stappenbeck) appear in the film.
Knight Lanze and Halb Night Erdal finds out it's right by the out numbered appearance and finds a group of nazi soldiers and then kills them and then finds out that they are going to a place to know and then finds out that a bad guy Luipiud has to know it's going good and then Knight says that the Liupiud Soldiers has arrived and Knight kills them and then he leaves and gen Knight tells Halb knows the answer. Knight and Halb knows that they are giving answers by getting it the right or wrong way and then knows the answer and then Knight finds the Crude sharks and then Knight kills them and drives away fast. Knight and Halb and finds Herzalinde to find out what the answer is and then Knight finds the crude members and then kills them and scatters across the way in. Knight and Halb takes Herzalinde to a book club and then finds a book and then takes it and then purchases it and then leaves the book club. In a real knowledge Knight finds Halb in order to present the question and then he finds Halb and finds Crude Sharks and then kills them And then Halb is taken by The Black Knight and then Halb kills them and leaves the area. Halb and Knight and then they finds Schwarzer River and then takes him to a store and finds the tough soldiers and then kills them and gets him to a safe place to know he is the good guy and then drops him off safe.
Knight and Halb finds a way to go to the nightclub parking and goes over to the bikes and then a group of bikers arrive and then Knight kills them until he has a chance to get rid of them and then they leave the nightclub parking lot to find Konig and then gets him out fast and to the house. Knight and Konig finds the dealers and then kills them and then leaves the area and gets away. Knight knows the answer and finds Walter and then Knight greets him and gives him money for the job and then Knight tells Walter to enter his car for the job as a completion. Knight finds Hexe and then Knight goes to the warehouse and talks to Hexe and follows her out of the warehouse and then Knight follows Hexe to a helicopter and then Hexe flies the helicopter. Knight takes the car and searches for a coin and then takes it and drops it down the river and finds Prince Gustav and then Knight takes him to his house and follows him in his room and then Knight leaves his house and drives to his house and looks at the file. Knight tells Knappe Georgie and then knight knows he is bad and then follows him to a office building and then kills him through the office and then escapes and then finds a group of killers and then kills them.
- Til Schweiger as Knight Lanze
- Rick Kavanian as Half–Knight Erdal
- Julia Dietze as Princess Herzelinde
- Thomas Gottschalk as King Gunther
- Udo Kier as Luipold Trumpf
- Tobias Moretti as the Black Knight
- Mark Keller as Prince Gustav
- Ralph Herforth as Walter Sattler
- Gregor Bloéb as Jailer
- Thierry van Werveke as Siegfried
- Stefanie Stappenbeck as Brünnhilde
- Tim Wilde as Jailer's Assistant
- Anna Maria Mühe as Magd
- Denis Moschitto as the Archer
- Hannelore Elsner as Hexe
- Johannes Heesters as an old scientist
- Dieter Hallervorden as the Horse Seller
- Roberto Blanco as Roberto
- Helmut Markwort as the Chief of the Tabloid
The film earned mostly negative reviews from film critics. German journal Süddeutsche Zeitung (South German Newspaper) described it as an "embarrassing parade of celebrities", "[...] Til Schweiger has got both the critics and the press to hate him for this film. Not without reason. [...] The film is just as lame as its trailer". TV Movie.de wrote, "If the jokes were better and went beyond adolescent humor, it would become a real comedy". Cinefacts.de added that "Til [Schweiger] once again tried in the comedy genre, but that, unlike his previous films Barfuss and Keinohrhasen, it lacks gags". Dorit Koch from General Anzeiger Bonn wrote "Though the film lacks good gags, the famous cast will attract the audience". Cinema.de described the film as a "shallow medieval farce with a few funny ideas". "Til Schweiger directs and stars in his middle age film with childish jokes and Monty Python style. You can try to find it funny, but you won't", the Welt wrote.
The 1½ Knights – In Search of the Ravishing Princess Herzelinde soundtrack album was released through the Interscope Records on 19 December 2008, and includes the song "Walta Sattla", performed by Til Schweiger. In the review of the album, the Bild wrote that "unlike the film itself, the soundtrack is just beautiful, not a funny parade".
|Germany||18 December 2008||1½ Ritter – Auf der Suche nach der hinreißenden Herzelinde|
|Switzerland||18 December 2008||1½ Ritter – Auf der Suche nach der hinreißenden Herzelinde|
|Austria||19 December 2009||1½ Ritter – Auf der Suche nach der hinreißenden Herzelinde|
|Russia||26 February 2009||Полтора рыцаря: В поисках похищенной принцессы Херцелинды|
|Hungary||26 March 2009||1 és 1/2 lovag – Az elbűvölő Herzelinde hercegnő nyomában||Straight-to-DVD|
- "Willst du meine Lanze schmirgeln?". R. Gansera. Sueddeutsche.de. 20 December 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "1½ Knights – In Search of the Ravishing Princess Herzelinde". TV Movie.de. TV Movie.de. 21 August 2009. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "1½ Ritter – Auf der Suche nach der hinreißenden Herzelinde: Filmkritik". Harald Mühlbeyer. Cinefacts.de. 9 August 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "Til Schweigers Zeitreise in ein Mittelalter, wie es in keinem Geschichtsbuch steht". Dorit Koch. General Anzeiger Bonn. 18 December 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "1½ Ritter – Auf der Suche nach der hinreißenden Herzelinde". Cinema.de. Cinema.de. 18 December 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "Zoten und Keulen – "1 1/2 Ritter" schlägt zu". Timo Zenker. Welt. 18 December 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- "Diverse "O.S.T. 1 1/2 Ritter"". Bild. Bild. 19 December 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2011.