10 Minutes (Inna song)
|Single by INNA feat. Play & Win|
|from the album Hot|
|Released||25 January 2010
(see (see release history)
|Format||Digital download, CD single|
Play & Win Studios
|Length||3:21 (Play & Win Radio Edit)
4:08 (Play & Win Club Remix)
2.32 (UK Radio Edit)
|Writer(s)||Sebastian Barac, Radu Bolfea, Marcel Botezan|
|Producer(s)||Sebastian Barac, Radu Bolfea, Marcel Botezan|
|Inna singles chronology|
"10 Minutes" is a song by Romanian dance/pop vocalist Inna extracted from her debut studio album Hot (2009). Released on 25 January 2010, the single acts as the fifth release from her full-length record. "10 Minutes" was written and produced by the Play & Win-members Radu Bolfea, Sebastian Barac and Marcel Botezan, and was released digitally and physically mid 2010. The official music video for the single was shot in London, United Kingdom by Paul Boyd and premiered on 29 June 2010 on Inna's YouTube channel. Lyrically, "10 Minutes" speaks about partying and going to clubs. It is a house song, more influenced by American music than its predecessor "Amazing". "10 Minutes" peaked at number-eight on the French Singles Chart, making it Inna's fourth song in-a-row to enter the chart's top-ten.
A 25-seconds sample of Inna's "10 Minutes". The song is heavy influenced by American house music.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"10 Minutes" was leaked on Inna's YouTube channel on 23 December 2009 under the title of "Karaoke with Inna". Subsequently, it was sent to the Romanian mainstream radios (such as Kiss FM) on 25 January 2010. The production and writing process of the single was handled by native production trio Play & Win. While they also wrote and produced her previous singles, this record is more heavily influenced by American music than the previous songs released by Inna, with the house beats being not very much emphasised here
To promote the release of Inna's debut album Hot in her home country Romania, the song "10 Minutes" was sent to radio stations in January 2010. Following the airplay premiere of the song, "10 Minutes" debuted on the Romanian Top 100. But without any music video promotion it only peaked at number eighteen on 28 February 2010, being the first of Inna's singles not to enter the top ten. When the music video was released it was sent to two main Romanian music channels: 1Music and MTV Romania. It entered heavy rotation on MTV and re-entered the Romanian Top 100, but did not manage to reach the top forty, because of the lack of promotion. It has also entered the top ten of the MTV Hitlist.
On the Year-End Charts, "10 Minutes" finished at the 42nd position of the Romanian Top 100, with a number of 6,266 airings. The song became Inna's best hit of the year in Romania, being followed by "Sun Is Up" on the 52nd position.
On the Czech Republic Airplay Chart it reached its peak position at number ten in April 2010 and once again in June 2010. On the Dutch 100 Singles Chart, "10 Minutes" debuted at number seventy-nine on 2 October 2010, and peaked at number seventy-six on the following week. It was also a moderate success in Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Russia and Ukraine. "10 Minutes" became Inna's least successful song all through Europe.
On the French Physical Singles Chart, "10 Minutes" became Inna's fourth top ten single in a row. On 6 December 2010 it debuted at number eight as the highest new entry of the week, while simultaneously "Déjà Vu" sat at number twenty-one, "Amazing" at number forty-two and "Hot" at number seventy-seven. The next week, the song fell to number eleven. After Christmas, "10 Minutes" returned to the top ten, climbing up from number twelve to number ten on 9 January 2011. On 23 January 2011, it reached its peak position at number eight again, while its successor "Sun Is Up" simultaneously became a top five hit on the French Digital Charts.
On 4 February 2011, "10 Minutes" became one of hundred songs to chart on the new official French Top Singles & Titres Chart, which combines digital and physical sales. While "Sun Is Up" debuted at number five, "10 Minutes" opened at number forty-eight. In the French Physical Top 50 the song maintained within the top twenty for many weeks.
Due to the lack of airplay on both radio stations and music channels, 10 Minutes failed to make an impact on British charts. Although the song was highly anticipated by Inna's fans, the song was released onto iTunes without any promotion online.
Failing to chart in the United Kingdom and Ireland, nor Austria, Germany, Spain and Switzerland (countries where Inna's songs had the greatest impact within the music charts) and due to the introduction of the new French chart, "10 Minutes" became Inna's least successful single to date both in Romania and internationally, until the release of "Club Rocker" in 2011.
The music video for "10 Minutes" premiered on 29 June 2010 on Inna's official site. The video was filmed in London and was directed by Paul Boyd, famous for collaborating with Mariah Carey and Shania Twain. However, the music video did not become a hit in Romania. The Pussycat Dolls-inspired music video shows Inna dancing in a club and flirting with a waiter, while other people are star-struck by her. It is also a club-oriented video, and shows Inna preparing for a show in the suburbs of London.
The United Kingdom version of the video premiered in early January 2011, on All Around the World Productions' official YouTube page. The video was shortened by cutting out some repetitive scenes and focusing on Inna's image. The UK edit lasts for 2 minutes and 33 seconds. As Media Forest Romania stated on their Facebook profile, the music video was already aired in France, Israel and Switzerland, as of January 2011.
Inna performed "10 Minutes" for the first time at the Romanian Music Awards 2010, held in Craiova, on 10 July. There, she sang the song in a medley with her older number-one hit "Amazing", the promo single "Señorita" and her then-newest single "Sun Is Up". Afterwards, she performed it in various European clubs. On 28 December 2010, Inna performed "10 Minutes" live in an unplugged concert in Kasho Club, Brașov. Her concert was recorded and broadcast by Romanian TV channel 1 Music. In France, she performed it on several dates on Fun Radio throughout late 2010 and early 2011, and also performed the song in several concerts, such as at Loft Club, in Lyon. The song was also performed during the second set on Inna's INNA en Concert world tour and it was also added to the US dates of her I Am the Club Rocker Tour.
Track listings and formats
- 10 Minutes (Official Versions & Remixes)
- "10 Minutes (Play & Win Radio Edit Version)" – 3:19
- "10 Minutes (Play & Win Instrumental)" - 3:18
- "10 Minutes (Play & Win Remix)" – 4:07
- "10 Minutes (UK Radio Edit Version)" – 2:34
- "10 Minutes (Hi Def Radio Edit)" – 3:31
- "10 Minutes (Hi Def Club Remix)" – 5:24
- "10 Minutes (Hi Def Dub)" – 5:26
- "10 Minutes (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)" – 3:50
- "10 Minutes (Liam Keegan Club Remix)" – 6:59
- "10 Minutes (Liam Keegan Instrumental)" - 6:26
- "10 Minutes (DJ Feel Radio Edit)" – 3:37
- "10 Minutes (DJ Feel Club Remix)" – 6:33
- "10 Minutes (Chris Garcia Radio Edit)" – 3:37
- "10 Minutes (Chris Garcia Club Remix)" – 6:18
- "10 Minutes (Odd Radio Edit)" – 3:27
- "10 Minutes (Odd Club Remix)" – 6:03
- "10 Minutes (XNRG Radio Edit)" - 3:43
- "10 Minutes (XNRG Club Remix)" – 4:48
- "10 Minutes (Breeze & Klubfiller Remix)" – 5:12
|Romania||25 January 2010||Radio||Roton|
|Belgium||27 August 2010||Digital download||ARS Entertainment|
|Netherlands||25 September 2010||Spinnin' Records|
|United States||9 November 2010||Ultra Records|
|France||6 December 2010||CD single||Universal|
|United Kingdom||6 February 2011||Digital download|
- radio21.ro. "INNA releases 10 MINUTES". Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- inna.ro. "INNA – 10 MINUTES (RADIO EDIT BY PLAY & WIN)". Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- ftr.ro. "Inna is changed !". Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- radiomax.ro. "Teaser: Inna – 10 Minutes". Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- Nielsen. "Romanian Top 20". Archived from the original on 4 April 2010. Retrieved 14 March 2010.
- Romanian Top 100 – Year End Chart
- VIDEO Inna a încins atmosfera în Kasho Club, din Braşov
- "Ultratop.be – Inna – 10 Minutes" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Inna – 10 Minutes" (in French). Ultratip.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201015 into search.
- "Lescharts.com – Inna – 10 Minutes" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Dance Top 40 lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Inna search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Listy bestsellerów, wyróżnienia :: Związek Producentów Audio-Video". Polish Dance Top 50. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Listy bestsellerów, wyróżnienia :: Związek Producentów Audio-Video". Polish Airplay New. Retrieved 31 March 2017.
- "Top 20 by Nielsen – week 17". Romanian Top 100. Uniunea Producătorilor de Fonograme din România. Archived from the original on 3 June 2010. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "10 Minutes – Tophitru.com". Tophit. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201018 into search.
- Paun, Toader (30 December 2010). "Topul celor mai difuzate piese în România în 2010" (in Romanian). România Liberă. Retrieved 23 October 2016.