From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1285 BC)
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Events and trends
- 1290 BC—Seti I becomes Pharaoh of Egypt.
- c. 1285 BC—Judgement of Hunefer before Osiris, illustration from a Book of the Dead is painted. 19th dynasty. It is now in the British Museum, London.
- 1282 BC—Pandion II, legendary King of Athens, dies after a nominal reign of 25 years. He reportedly only reigned in Megara while Athens and the rest of Attica were under the control of an alliance of Nobles led by his uncle Metion (son of Erechtheus of Athens) and his sons (including in some accounts Daedalus). His four sons lead a successful military campaign to regain the throne. Aegeus becomes King of Athens, Nisos reigns in Megara, Lykos in Euboea and Pallas in southern Attica.
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
- c. 1280 BC—The Torah is believed to have been fully composed around this time.
- The walls of Troy VII/Wilusa are constructed.