|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
1349 performing in the United States in 2006.
|Labels||Holycaust, Candlelight, Indie, Prosthetic, Season of Mist|
|Associated acts||Satyricon, Pantheon I, Den Saakaldte|
In recognition of 1349's influences, the band performed a cover of Mayhem's "Buried by Time and Dust" on their debut album, Liberation. At 1349's live shows, the band has also covered Celtic Frost, whom vocalist Ravn cites as his principal influence.
1349 tours on a regular basis. The band's live shows often begin with Frost and guitarist Archaon breathing fire. In 2006, 1349 toured the US with Celtic Frost. Ravn also appeared on the Celtic Frost album Monotheist (2006), performing guest vocals on the CD digipack bonus track, "Temple of Depression". In 2007, during the French Hellfest festival, 1349 was slated to play during the day, but asked to reschedule their appearance to play in the dark instead. During 1349's appearance at the Oslo Inferno Metal Festival in March 2008, the band was joined on stage by Celtic Frost frontman Tom Gabriel Fischer for a rendition of the Celtic Frost song "The Usurper". In September 2008, 1349 toured with Carcass, Suffocation, Aborted and Rotten Sound on the Exhume to Consume Tour.
A music video for "Sculptor of Flesh" was released following the release of Hellfire (2005). The video, directed by Judd Tilyard, alternates between footage of the band performing the song in Norway and clips of surgery filmed in Australia.
During late 2008, 1349 recorded its fourth album, Revelations of the Black Flame. The album was co-mixed by Tom Gabriel Fischer, and was released in Europe on 25 May 2009. Revelations of the Black Flame marked a change in direction for the band, as songs on the album were slower than previous releases, and there were also some dark ambient and industrial-tinged tracks.
1349 toured with Cannibal Corpse, Skeletonwitch, and Lecherous Nocturne on the Evisceration Plague Tour, in April–May 2010. The band also performed at the Wacken Open Air and Summer Breeze Open Air festivals in August 2010.
1349 released its fifth album, Demonoir, on 26 April 2010. The album shows a return to 1349's earlier sound, before Revelations of the Black Flame, while continuing the low-fi production and ambient sensibilities of Revelations. 1349 toured Canada and the United States with Tom Gabriel Fischer's project Triptykon in October 2010. A deluxe box set of Demonoir was released in October 2011. The band's first live DVD, titled Hellvetia Fire – The Official 1349 Bootleg, was released on 24 October 2011 by Candlelight Records. It was filmed at Bikini Test La Chaux De Fonds in Switzerland in 2005.
In October 2013, the band began recording their sixth studio album, called Massive Cauldron of Chaos. On 10 December, the band announced that the record was finished, and it was released on 29 September 2014, via Indie Recordings.
- Olav "Ravn" Bergene – vocals (1997–present), drums (1997–2000)
- Tor Risdal "Seidemann" Stavenes – bass (1997–present)
- Idar "Archaon" Burheim – guitar (1999–present)
- Kjetil-Vidar "Frost" Haraldstad – drums (2000–present)
- Lars "Balfori" Larsen – guitar (1997–1998)
- André "Tjalve" Kvebek – guitar (1997–2006)
- Tony Laureano – drums (2006)
- Morten "Teloch" Iversen – guitar (2006–2007)
- Mads Guldbekkhei – drums (2007–2008)
- Thor "Destructhor" Anders Myhren – guitar (2008)
- Tony "Secthdamon" Ingibergsson – guitar (2009-present)
- Jon "The Charn" Rice – drums (2012)
- Sondre Drangsland – drums (2014–present)
- Liberation (2003)
- Beyond the Apocalypse (2004)
- Hellfire (2005)
- Revelations of the Black Flame (2009)
- Demonoir (2010)
- Massive Cauldron of Chaos (2014)
- 1349 (2001)
- Demo (1998)
- Chaos Preferred (1999)
- Hellvetia Fire – The Official 1349 Bootleg DVD (2011)
- "1349 Interview". tartareandesire.com. June 2003. Archived from the original on 9 April 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2008.
What is the meaning behind the name 1349? 1349 is the year the Black Death (a bubonic plague) came to norway, wiping out a third of the population and ending the golden age of Norway.
- "1349 and Sahg to support Celtic Frost on U.S. tour". Blabbermouth.net. 5 July 2006. Retrieved 25 December 2009.
- "1349 interview". metalstorm.ee. 4 December 2007. Archived from the original on 11 April 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2008.
Barry: At Hellfest you was originally set to play on the Gibson Stage during the afternoon, but apparently you changed because you wanted to play while it was dark, is that true? Seidemann: Yes...
- "1349 joined by Celtic Frost mainman at Inferno Festival". Blabbermouth.net. 27 March 2008. Archived from the original on 2 April 2008. Retrieved 30 March 2008.
- "1349, Necrophagist, Suffocation, Aborted, Rotten Sound to support Carcass". blabbermouth.net. 17 June 2008. Retrieved 18 January 2009.
- "New album – update". Band myspace page. 17 January 2008. Retrieved 17 January 2008.
1349 are currently putting their last touch to the bands new album entitled Revelations of the Black Flame, follow-up to 2005's Hellfire. As with both Hellfire and Beyond the Apocalypse, the album is recorded at Studio Nyhagen, and co-mixed by none other than Tom Gabriel Fischer.
- Fischer, Tom Gabriel (16 December 2008). "Due North". Retrieved 20 December 2008.
I will return to Norway tonight for most of the remainder of December, following an invitation by 1349 to visit them in the studio during the recording sessions for their new album.
- "1349: new album title announced". Blabbermouth.net. 23 February 2010. Archived from the original on 26 February 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2010.
- "1349 signs with Indie Recordings". Blabbermouth.net. 19 January 2010. Retrieved 19 January 2010.
- "OVERKILL Confirmed For Germany's WACKEN OPEN AIR Festival". Blabbermouth.net. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 24 March 2010.
- "1349, REBELLION Confirmed For Germany's SUMMER BREEZE Festival". Blabbermouth.net. 17 December 2009. Retrieved 24 March 2010.
- "1349 To Release 'Hellvetia Fire' DVD". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- "Exclusive: 1349 reveal new album title, cover and track listing!". Metal Hammer. 4 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "1349 Signs With Season Of Mist For New Album". metalunderground.com. 2017-02-27. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
We are currently in the early creative stages of our new art offering and we are exited to confirm that we have extended our agreement with partners Season of Mist - this time handling the release worldwide
- "1349". Season of Mist. 2017-03-02. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
Season of Mist are proud to announce the signing of 1349. The Norwegian black metal stalwarts have already been signed to this label in the US and now extend the deal to worldwide representation
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1349 (band).|