1510s in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1516 in architecture)
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1500s . 1510s in architecture . 1520s|
- 1511 – Dome of Seville Cathedral collapses.
- 1512: March 5: West tower of Pieterskerk, Leiden, collapses.
- 1510–1520 – Tower ("Stump") of St Botolph's Church, Boston, England, completed.
- 1511 – All Saints' Church, Wittenberg (Schloßkirche) completed to a design by Conrad Pflüger.
- 1513 – Work on New Cathedral, Salamanca, begun.
- 1514 – St Mark's Campanile in Venice completed in final form.
- 1515 – Cardinal Wolsey begins rebuilding Hampton Court Palace on the River Thames near London.
- 1515–1518 – Ancienne Douane (Haguenau) built.
- About 1515 – In England
- 1517 – Shisha Gumbad tomb in Delhi, India, completed.
- 1518 – Tomb of Sikandar Lodi, Delhi, India, completed.
- 1511: July 3 - Giorgio Vasari, Italian painter and biographer (died 1574)
- 1511 - Bartolomeo Ammannati, Italian sculptor and architect (died 1592)
- 1512 - Galeazzo Alessi, Italian architect (died 1572)
- c.1513 - Pirro Ligorio, Italian architect and painter (died 1583)
- 1511 - Simón de Colonia, Spanish architect and sculptor
- 1514: March 11 - Donato Bramante, Italian architect (born 1444)
- 1515: April 10 - Mateus Fernandes, Portuguese architect
- c. 1516 - Giuliano da Sangallo, Italian sculptor, architect and military engineer (born 1443)
- 1519: May 2 - Leonardo da Vinci, Italian polymath (born 1452)