From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of notable events in country music that took place in the year 1945.
Top hits of the year
Number one hits
(As certified by Billboard magazine)
Other Major Hits
- Careless Darlin' - Ernest Tubb
- Christmas Carols At The Old Corral - Tex Ritter
- Don't Fence Me In - Gene Autry
- Don't Hang Around Me Anymore - Gene Autry
- Each Minute Seems A Million Years - Eddy Arnold
- Each Night At Nine - Floyd Tillman
- Hang Your Head In Shame - Bob Wills
- Hang Your Head In Shame - Red Foley
- Headin' Down The Wrong Highway - Ted Daffan
- Hitler's Last Letter To Hirohito - Carson Robinson
- I Never Let You Worry My Mind - Red Foley
- I'll Wait For You Dear - Al Dexter
- I'm A Branding My Darling With My Heart - Jack Guthrie
- I'm A Convict With Old Glory In My Heart - Elton Britt
- I'm Gonna Build A Big Fence Around Texas - Gene Autry
- I'm Lost Without You - Al Dexter
- I've Taken All I'm Gonne Take - Gene Autry
- Jealous Heart - Tex Ritter
- Keep My Memory In Your Heart - Ernest Tubb
- Mexico Joe - Ivie Anderson
- A Pair Of Broken Hearts - Spade Cooley
- Shadow On Your Heart - Ted Daffan
- Smoke On The Water - Boyd Heath
- Stars And Stripes On Iwo Jima - Sons Of The Pioneers
- Texas Playboy Rag - Bob Wills
- Time Won't Heal My Broken Heart - Ted Daffan
- Tomorrow Never Comes - Ernest Tubb
- Triflin' Gal - Al Dexter
- You Don't Care What Happens To Me - Bob Wills
- You're Breaking My Heart - Ted Daffan
- ″I′ll Be Back″ — Gene Autry
- ″I Want To Be Sure″ — Gene Autry
- ″Don′t Live a Lie″ — Gene Autry
- January 16 — Ronnie Milsap, blind, blue-eyed soul-styled singer who became one of country music's most popular entertainers of the 1970s and 1980s.
- March 14 — Michael Martin Murphey, Western-styled singer-songwriter who enjoyed mainstream success in the 1980s as a country-pop performer.
- May 23 - Misty Morgan, singer-songwriter who, with husband Jack Blanchard, had a string of animal-themed hit recordings in the 1970s.
- June 5 — Don Reid, lead singer and main songwriter of The Statler Brothers.
- June 20 — Anne Murray, Canadian vocalist who became one of that country's most successful country music performers during the 1970s and 1980s.
- Kingsbury, Paul, "Vinyl Hayride: Country Music Album Covers 1947-1989," Country Music Foundation, 2003 (ISBN 0-8118-3572-3)
- Millard, Bob, "Country Music: 70 Years of America's Favorite Music," HarperCollins, New York, 1993 (ISBN 0-06-273244-7)
- Whitburn, Joel. "Top Country Songs 1944-2005 - 6th Edition." 2005.